Premium Format Batman Keaton Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This times 100. What a BEAST of a System.

Still got mine attached to a Sony Trinitron I bought back in '89 that still has a beautiful picture today.
Playin' the classics the way they were meant to be played. (Skies of Arcadia still holds up as one of the best RPGs ever.)

Okay I couldn't help myself. I know you love the movie...its pretty obvious but "redefined the character" really....really? come on man.

Basically, what Fabio said:

Keaton Batman did redefine the character for the public at large. Before '89, this was the perception of the character as far as live action was concerned.

batman-dancing.gif

Then the film came out and Batman was redefined. Black body armor, vigilante, no nonsense attitude, barely talked, a grapple gun, etc.

tumblr_mrkk9hnd9G1rpt0ijo1_r1_500.gif

Keaton's Batman portrayal has yet to be matched. Some say Bale was better, and I can't understand why. His Bruce Wayne though? Possibly. Kilmer? Please. Clooney? LOL.

Conroy might be the definitive "Voice" but come on, it takes more than just talk like a badass to do what Keaton did for the character. There's many Comic versions that can be labeled as definitive, but who wants to do that's

Dreamcast had the best Capcom games back then.

Those were the biggest fighting games as far as I can remember. SNK vs Capcom ? SICK.

Still got mine attached to a Sony Trinitron I bought back in '89 that still has a beautiful picture today.
Playin' the classics the way they were meant to be played. (Skies of Arcadia still holds up as one of the best RPGs ever.)

Never got around to play it TBH. SNK vs Capcom sucked my life back then. I heard it was amazing though.

Keaton Batman did redefine the character for the public at large. Before '89, this was the perception of the character as far as live action was concerned.

batman-dancing.gif

Then the film came out and Batman was redefined. Black body armor, vigilante, no nonsense attitude, barely talked, a grapple gun, etc.

tumblr_mrkk9hnd9G1rpt0ijo1_r1_500.gif
The character to the reading public had already been redefined three times at that point. Once by Denny O'neil and Neal Adams, and then twice by Frank Miller, a deconstructin and then reconstrtuction. And by the way, in the 80's most people new Batman by his comic visage. The Batman show had been dead for over 20 years at that point and DC had plastered Batman across everyrthing from cartoons to every shred of merchandise anyone could buy by 1985. So no, unless you lived under a rock, you knew Adam West wasn't Batman for a long time by then.

Redefining the character is quite different than defining the character in the live action medium. Batman will always be Batman, but up until that point, Batman on the screen was nothing but camp and West so I think it makes sense that he defines what Batman is on the screen. People still compare every Batman after him to him as he was the first who really got it right, who really portrayed him as Bob Kane intended.

Back