Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman--Official title to be confirmed)

I do believe will have a awesome score hopefull of a good story but if you dont think my drink will be spiked and eyes glossed to help me enjoy this your crazy. You can put all the glitter and gold on this bad choice of him as bats I hope i'm wrong ,and hope he delivers but not holding my breath for a grail movie like 89 bats or reeve superman 2 type film that never gets old or as good as ledgers or jacks joker. I prey its good for all us fans that have been wanting this movie . I just hate the choice and stick by it.

Last edited:

how about jex. :rotfl

Dexter-Jettster.jpg

Didn't expect it. Doesn't excite me.
But not going to pre-judge.

Affleck can be a good actor - he just needs a well written Batman.

- Quote all the naysayers, get the post links, save them onto a word document.

- When first images and trailer pop up, re-quote what was posted.

- If that freak shows some lovin' by talking it up or buying Hot Toys or other dolls, re-quote what was posted.

Yupp

So the 50 million was always true, but it wasn't for Bale afterall.

I completely expect that they offered Bale the money first

The parallel is in casting a "big star" rather than a good actor. I was actually very excited when Clooney was cast as Batman, after his performance in FROM DUSK TILL DAWN.

And we all know how that turned out.

And that has relevance here because?

they hate it when its annouced, then they love it when it comes out as they all buy the figures, DVDs/Blu Rays, Tshirts, games, etc.

Then later, it becomes cool to hate on something that is great. vicious cycle.

Yupp - herd mentality

You all have to remember this is not a Batman movie. We don't even know how much screen time Ben Affleck will have.

We don't know how much Bruce Wayne there will be. What if there is like 5 minutes of Bruce Wayne Screen time and most of it is Batman?

That is what is most interesting about this, the fact that this is not going to be like Keaton's Batman or Bale's Batman,
Bruce Wayne is not going to be the center of Attention, Superman is.

So Comparing Ben to Keaton or Bale doesn't even apply because This is a movie about two of the biggest characters.
All bets are off
I actually think the attention WILL be on Batman more than Superman. Of course we don't know how much actual screen time each actor will be getting respectfully but everybody is going to be curious on how Ben does as the new Wayne.

This is why I for one wish they didn't go this route so soon. Cavill has only had ONE movie to himself. I think he deserved at least 2 movies to himself before they made this movie but since everything is said and done there's no changing that.

That being said I think the majority of what people will be talking about from this movie was how well, or not well, Ben played as the new Bruce. The attention is currently on him now, not Cavill. It seems people are already treating this more as a new Batman movie than a new Man of Steel movie with Batman featured in it.

All I know is that Peter Weller voiced Batman and Keaton ended up in Robocop. :lol

You know that Warner Bros. animation and the directors of those animated films wanted Keaton to play the Dark Knight Returns Joker right? That would have been weird. :lol

You all have to remember this is not a Batman movie. We don't even know how much screen time Ben Affleck will have.

We don't know how much Bruce Wayne there will be. What if there is like 5 minutes of Bruce Wayne Screen time and most of it is Batman?

That is what is most interesting about this, the fact that this is not going to be like Keaton's Batman or Bale's Batman,
Bruce Wayne is not going to be the center of Attention, Superman is.

So Comparing Ben to Keaton or Bale doesn't even apply because This is a movie about two of the biggest characters.
All bets are off

I don't even get why people consider those two (Bale and Keaton) to be the "standard". It's always those two mentioned over and over again.

The yardstick should be Adam West. Without him, no Batman.

I'm not excited for the new Batman either, but, for some reason I'm keeping an open mind.

At least Cavill will still be there :clap

I personally do not have a problem with Affleck as an actor, I thought he did a great job in The Town and Hollywoodland, I didn't know that they were going for an older Batman this time around, which seems stupid if this is to be a jumping off point for a new Batman Franchise, but I am not convinced that Affleck has the ability to be the dark intimidating Caped crusader, he would have made a better Hal Jordan. But I could always be wrong, I hope I am, but I bet I'm not

I'd buy Hot Toys of those.

The *****ing about Affleck's casting on some of the other boards is immense haha.
I seem to recall all the screaming that accompanied Heath Ledger's casting as the Joker too. People need to get a god damn grip.
I for one am quietly confident in this casting choice.

Ben Affleck as Batman?! Ha ha ha, wow, what a joke... guy couldn't even pull a good Daredevil. It's like WB really does not want these movies to succeed. I can't wait to hear what Kevin Smith is going to say in his next 7 hour long podcast. :lol

Back