Beetlejuice 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More proof of HOOI (Pronounced "hooey", Hollywood Out Of Ideas). Only movie that made a return as a sequel from long ago that deserves any nod has been Top Gun: Maverick.

More proof of HOOI (Pronounced "hooey", Hollywood Out Of Ideas). Only movie that made a return as a sequel from long ago that deserves any nod has been Top Gun: Maverick.
well a sequel to Beetlejuice was being talked about for like 20 years.
it was in Hawaii with surfing

Like the cartoon... does this make it canon?
Always has been

Space Rsi GIF by Star Citizen

Or at least it was in my mind.

That's exactly what will kill it to me. Hes a scumbag, and that's part of the character.....keep him a scumbag.

Same thing they are trying to do with Vader, lets understand "why" he's bad......

I think I already see this plot. They will make BG the victim of a scorned lover, and that's his root cause of his behavior.

Also, it's very weird that one of the shrunken head guys (who he seems to be in charge of, maybe as punishment for the first film) is dressed exactly like him.

Also the lack of defined makeup could be him reverting back to the human he once was, if he was human at all.

I do NOT want, need or care about a BG redemption story......
To be fair, the trailers make it clear that he is STILL a scumbag, but just one they might be forced to ally themselves with.
Like in the cartoon.
I see him as a trickster archetype in this, which honestly is what he was in the original movie - he made a deal with the Maitlands and Lydia and by his standards he was keeping to it and they screwed HIM over. He is amoral and selfish and has an incredibly warped mind and devilish sense of humor but he isn't mustache twirling evil.
So, him being in it for himself while in an uneasy alliance with the protagonists and being a trickster who is as much harm as help seems pretty much in character.
Even if they sand down the rough edges a little bit.
Was the plot, Beetlejuice jumps the shark?
I genuinely think that was going to be a joke in there if I remember an interview with Tim Burton from years ago.

If you want my 2 cents I haven't seen anything here yet that puts me off, and I remain cautiously hopeful and a lot of the right notes are being hit for me. I see this as maybe something of a Hocus Pocus 2 situation where the breakout characters/legacy actors really give it their all and seem to be having a blast, the film on the whole really is pretty decent, if not up to the original's level and a little more family-friendly, respects the franchise and its fans [no Star Wars level of revisionist bullcarp] but really on the whole ought to have been made about 10 years ago when the actors were still just about young enough to deliver some of the high-zany energy of their original performances.

Last edited:
I have a huge soft spot for the first movie. I was a young Scout trooper at the time. A magical time of life and it's one of those movies that always take me back there.
Having said that, it's not one of those movies which I had a big connection to, like Star Wars for example. So whereas all the Disney Wars stuff really soured it for me, I don't think I'll be all that upset if it doesn't turn out so good.
I'll give this a chance, hopefully they'll pull it off.

I would also include Blade Runner 2049 and the recent Mad Max films in that mix, but they are clearly the exception to the rule. I'll eventually see this new Alien movie and I hope it is another one though my expectations are muted.

I see him as a trickster archetype in this, which honestly is what he was in the original movie - he made a deal with the Maitlands and Lydia and by his standards he was keeping to it and they screwed HIM over.
I would say that they definitely screwed him over, actually. But it's a long-standing trope that when you make a deal with a bad guy, it's OK to screw him or her over after they fulfill their part of the bargain, particularly if they revert to form afterwards.

His energy is just off. He looks and sounds tired compared to how he acted in the first film. It amazes me how many people are praising his performance in these promo videos.

It's almost like people forgot how energetic he was in the first film. It's too bad...hopefully he's got more energy in the film.

His energy is just off. He looks and sounds tired compared to how he acted in the first film. It amazes me how many people are praising his performance in these promo videos.

It's almost like people forgot how energetic he was in the first film. It's too bad...hopefully he's got more energy in the film.

ghosts can get tired.

Back