Beetlejuice 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beetlejuice 2 is #1 at the box office again. WB must be on the phone with Burton asking him to finish his "BJ trilogy".

Laugh GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures

Ok after just rewatching the first movie, my opinion of the sequel has gone down even further now. The story was SO much more original and inventive, and Keaton's performance was about a thousand times more unhinged and coked up.

I know Burton says he didn't bother rewatching the original before filming, but I think maybe he should have.

I liked it. I thought it was cute and fun.

The original was an incredibly weird movie. It never took itself seriously, and neither does this one. I think the first one feels more timeless; this one seems more concerned with the real world and being contemporary.

I liked seeing Danny DeVito in a Burton film again. And again, with nasty crap oozing out of his mouth!

I actually laughed out loud when he punted the baby. I don't know why I liked that so much.

Also liked The Juice performing Richard Marx!

In the kid's attic, the song "Svefn-g-englar" by Sigur Ros is playing. One of my all time favorites. I also liked the musical sequence in the climax.

It was predictable, but in this case, who cares? This is just a light-hearted romp. It did what it was supposed to, as far as I'm concerned.

My biggest gripe: why the hell not have Jeffrey Jones in the movie? His likeness was all over it. If you say "oh we can't have him in the movie cause he's a registered sex offender" then why feature his likeness in so much of the movie?

Saw it this weekend and pretty much agree with everything you said. I quite enjoyed it.

Maybe Candyman crossover?
Honestly I would watch that if they had fun with it :ROFLMAO:
But it might be hard having a real horror icon crossover with Beetlejuice, I think only supernatural horror icons with a humourous edge could work like Freddy Kruger and Chucky, Re-Animator or an Evil Dead crossover.
Beetlejuice would work well with most horror-comedies.

Hell I would watch Beetlejuice doing other plots as a horror comedy
- Blair Witch found footage Beetlejuice movie
- What we Do in the Shadows mockumentary style movie
- The Office with Beetlejuice characters/verse in the Afterlife civil service
etc....

The Beetlejuice character is kind of wasted in the BJ movies - you want to see him riffing off someone better than Winona or the girl from Wednesday. He's bigger and more fun than what can be provided by the world of the BJ movies.

Back