BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, I totally agree. That's why I joined this thread. I love being able to see different people's approach to their displays and pic and choose what I like most from them in planning my own.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I have the three tier Besta and it really is perfect height wise (for me). While sitting its great viewing all three PFs. I couldn't imagine another PF on top of that. It could be difficult to see. I would just measure then have your friend hold a statue up that high and determine if its a good viewing angle.

Edit_ maybe someone else could weigh in. I'm sure people have put statues on top of the standard Besta used on here.

If you have the room, go for 4 high and use the top level with a door for storage. However, at over 8 feet tall you may run into problems moving it into a house with 8 foot ceilings down the road. That's the most common height for home construction around these parts for over 30 years.

There are various options at IKEA. I have the TOMBO doors (these are the ones with the thin aluminum frame), but other people have VASSBO (these have the thicker wood frame). Both should do the trick.

A third option is the Vara doors too ;)

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S49887677/

I'm probably going to get this however I'm wondering does it have to be mounted to the wall? will it fall over or something otherwise?

I have one of those, Why would it 'fall over' :dunno
All Ikea furniture comes with a recommended wall strap but it's not really needed unless you live in an area prone to earthquake or have children who might pull on it.

Adding legs is a nice option...
https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60196513/#/80143217

I have the three tier Besta and it really is perfect height wise (for me). While sitting its great viewing all three PFs. I couldn't imagine another PF on top of that. It could be difficult to see. I would just measure then have your friend hold a statue up that high and determine if its a good viewing angle.

Edit_ maybe someone else could weigh in. I'm sure people have put statues on top of the standard Besta used on here.

Allmost all my PFs are on top of three tier Bestas, which contain only (tons of) hardcover comics. The PFs are thus an ornamentation to the comics collection, not the main focus*, but in my opinion they look lovely and imposing up there, with no Besta walls separating them. Sort of like a comics temple. :p

*Even though anyone entering the room will obviously notice them before any book.

All Ikea furniture comes with a recommended wall strap but it's not really needed unless you live in an area prone to earthquake or have children who might pull on it.

Agreed. Mine are really stable. Then again, like I said they contain a crazy load of huge hardcover books and weigh a ton - no way they're gonna fall over unless one of my nephews has an incident with Gamma radiation.

I have one of those, Why would it 'fall over' :dunno

Adding legs is a nice option...
https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60196513/#/80143217

I don't know I was thinking that but didn't know if they were just prone to falling over? That's good to know. Yeah thanks I think il add some legs and see what it's like.

Does anyone on here have any pictures of their bestas with the dark legs?

If you're putting it on carpet, you should also anchor it to the wall, even if it seems very stable on its own. Obviously, for liability reasons, IKEA recommends always anchoring, regardless of whether you have children or not. ;)

I don't know I was thinking that but didn't know if they were just prone to falling over? That's good to know. Yeah thanks I think il add some legs and see what it's like.

Does anyone on here have any pictures of their bestas with the dark legs?

Hope this helps, I rushed this pic from a standing position whereas I should take one seated on the couch since that viewpoint most common. :slap

f8bee2cb-4f74-48a1-a796-12fd5330b19f_zps30c22a2a.jpg

Nice clean set up right there.

Gorgeous y4nk33

Gorgeous display :clap
Shame about the restricted viewing.

Thanks all! :hi5:

Going with the Vara doors and using them for 1/4 scale does cut the view down from standing/walking position. Typically, we're lounging on the couch so that isn't an issue. :)

I've tried Tombo doors but didn't like them on this set, whereas I do have them in my bedroom on a white besta wall unit and love them.

Back