BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In complete darkness, it doesn't matter what color your cabinets are, you won't be able to see them. ;)

In complete darkness, it doesn't matter what color your cabinets are, you won't be able to see them. ;)

My room is only completely dark when I sleep, so I don't need or want to be able to see them with the lights off. In fact, ANY light when I'm trying to sleep irritates me.

I'm thinking of buying a few new Bestas, but I'm not quite sure if the bottom part I have in mind can hold the weight. Any ideas?

What I want is two "normal" height Bestas on top of a "half-height" one. So I can put away some smaller things in the bottom-parts.

Like in the picture below:

besta_idea.jpg

I'm going to add the glass Tombo doors (with aluminium frame) to the 4 top-parts, and probably wooden doors to the small ones at the bottom.

My main concern is that the bottom piece can't support the weight of the two big ones on top, especially since I want to put lifesize busts on top of these. And inside will be PFs or several 12" figures.

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of setup? Right now I have something similar, but with just one fullsize-Besta element on top of the smaller one, and on top of that is my tv. All in all that's not too heavy, but i'm a bit afraid that my plan for a new setup weighs a lot more.

Hey Took.
Why don't you get how as many of these as you need...
https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S49887677/

You can have the top two full sized cubes then split the bottom cube with the adjustable shelves. Each shelf can hold 30kg according to Ikea.
Hope this helps.

Is there a reason you wanted them 2 1/2 cubes high?
Limitations?

Last edited:
Hey Took.
Why don't you get how as many of these as you need...
https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S49887677/

You can have the top two full sized cubes then split the bottom cube with the adjustable shelves. Each shelf can hold 30kg according to Ikea.
Hope this helps.

they indeed look nice. I'll keep it in mind.

Is there a reason you wanted them 2 1/2 cubes high?
Limitations?

yes. I want to put a few lifesize bustes on top, which are too big for the bestas.

they indeed look nice. I'll keep it in mind.

yes. I want to put a few lifesize bustes on top, which are too big for the bestas.

I couldn't imagine the shorter ones being less strong then the tall ones. They use the same top/bottom/sides as the big ones.

Plus with there being less height it might prove to be stronger (at least in my head this is how physics works lol.)

I couldn't imagine the shorter ones being less strong then the tall ones. They use the same top/bottom/sides as the big ones.

Plus with there being less height it might prove to be stronger (at least in my head this is how physics works lol.)

yeah, it looks just like a normal besta.... but shorter...

Last edited:

good point. thank you :)

If anything it would be stronger. Instead of having a shelf holding your item you will have a double thick support consisting of the bottom and top piece if each cube.
The reason I suggested the 3 cube tall units is because I'm pretty sure it will be cheaper than buying the individual cubes, or the 2x1 units, and stacking them, it is more expensive to do it that way in the U K.
Also as I mentioned each shelf should hold 30kg which will be good for most statues.
Good luck with your instalation, look forward to pictures.

I'm not so much concerned about the weight on the shelves, since 1 or 2 PFs hardly come to 30kg. It's more the total weight that will be on top of the small ones at the bottom.
The set-up in the picture I posted above is basically 2 1/2 cubes high, which would be perfect for me. The 3-cube high unit is too tall for what I have in mind, but i could see some uses for it in another spot.

If you have kids I'd anchor it to the wall. What are you displaying in this?

Would be a mix of 1/4 and 1/6 scale stuff but I've only seen the 3 shelf high bestas until today. Figure if they make one with the same width and depth dimensions why not go for one more shelf, right?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Would be a mix of 1/4 and 1/6 scale stuff but I've only seen the 3 shelf high bestas until today. Figure if they make one with the same width and depth dimensions why not go for one more shelf, right?

Well if it works out that way perfect! :hi5:

Well if it works out that way perfect! :hi5:

Yup. 100 inches tall instead of 75. Everything else is the same. Now the question becomes do I really want a step stool at the ready if I want to put something on top haha. At a little over 8 feet tall ceiling height could also be an issue.... I'm in an apartment and don't own a home yet so this may actually be something I hold off on until I do own a home where I can fully dedicate a room to my movies, video games and displays.

Yup. 100 inches tall instead of 75. Everything else is the same. Now the question becomes do I really want a step stool at the ready if I want to put something on top haha. At a little over 8 feet tall ceiling height could also be an issue.... I'm in an apartment and don't own a home yet so this may actually be something I hold off on until I do own a home where I can fully dedicate a room to my movies, video games and displays.

Top shelf may be a difficult one to see too fyi. Some times more(tall) isn't always best if you catch my drift. But if it fits your needs and you like it then I can't judge.

Top shelf may be a difficult one to see too fyi. Some times more(tall) isn't always best if you catch my drift. But if it fits your needs and you like it then I can't judge.

Right, I totally agree. That's why I joined this thread. I love being able to see different people's approach to their displays and pic and choose what I like most from them in planning my own.

Back