Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 & 1/12 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

I was noticing the same thing. One guy says Venkman is the best, next guy says he's the worst. One guy says Winston is the best, next says he's the worst. I think a lot of that has to do with expression since, as pointed out, these seem designed primarily as aggressive, proton shooting looks. And that is somewhat off-putting. Putting that aside, I think Egon is actually the most off, though close. I think the others are all great, even though I think Snyder man did a better job capturing Peter.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

dude....your on a roll.....I might not post anymore....just +1 for you......
200.gif

The hands on these figures are some of the most realistic 1/6 hands ever.:lol

dude....your on a roll.....I might not post anymore....just +1 for you......
200.gif
:rotfl

Agreed. I went thru the trouble of putting together a set of customs last year because I never thought these would be made. I have plans for those now and will be grabbing these.
I was looking at my customs this morning, and was thinking that I am going to be so happy to have two different sets of figures, with different strengths. Because as nice as these are--and I agree 100% with others here that these sculpts have life, and I'll take a somewhat scene specific look like these over the more generic looks that HT gives us most of the time--having an awestruck Ray, and an amused, cynical Venkman is something I want to keep on the shelf.

Would love to get an extra set of the Egon glasses here for my custom. In fact, ideally, I would pick up a whole second set of these figures just so I can use the improved flight suits and, presumably, packs and accessories with my custom sculpts. But, I'm not sure if I'm that big of a Ghostbusters fan. . .what am I saying? Of course I am! *sends Rainman and Hot Toys figures to eBay*

So the SS thread got closed (last i saw). But they have a display. And in that display are 2 terror dogs and gozer about which no one has spoken.

Are they going to unveil the ecto 1 at this same show? Since the promotion said "July 2016". The Ecto is one of things I really want to see.

Are they going to unveil the ecto 1 at this same show? Since the promotion said "July 2016". The Ecto is one of things I really want to see.

I think there was a comment on Motuxmen's SDCC photo thread regarding the ecto:

"It is there, but they are keeping it covered. And have asked people not to spoil there reveal. From what everyone is saying they are being very cool about how they do it."

Would love to be able to afford all four but that's out of the question, think I'll go for Venkman and slimer.. Then I can do a "He's looking right at me Ray" type display..

I think there was a comment on Motuxmen's SDCC photo thread regarding the ecto:

"It is there, but they are keeping it covered. And have asked people not to spoil there reveal. From what everyone is saying they are being very cool about how they do it."

Tnanks for the info, the expectation is killing me!! If is as good as I expect to be, I will for sure get one...and the figures of course, a stunning display of an Icon in some many,many ways.

These look really nice, but I'm sticking with the customs I have put together. Having already invested in those I can use the money I would have spent on these to get something else. When finished the figures I have will be the representations of the Ghotbusters cast that suit my wants. Plus I know I'll have all four. The flip flop on likeness is pretty telling. So many collectors today consider highly detailed sculpts and mottled paint jobs "dead on" without looking at the actual likeness. While these are all easily recognizable as the actors they are suppose to represent, they could all four use tweaks as far as likeness goes. As always the best part is there is a variety. You don't have to settle on the one licensed/custom figure available of a character. You can mix and match and make your own collection unique and to your specific taste.

I was noticing the same thing. One guy says Venkman is the best, next guy says he's the worst. One guy says Winston is the best, next says he's the worst. I think a lot of that has to do with expression since, as pointed out, these seem designed primarily as aggressive, proton shooting looks. And that is somewhat off-putting. Putting that aside, I think Egon is actually the most off, though close. I think the others are all great, even though I think Snyder man did a better job capturing Peter.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Yeah it definitely makes you question your powers of perception on here at times. It's one thing when a sculpt looks just a little bit off and some might see more of the actor in it than others, but when a sculpt looks completely wrong to your eye and others think it's looks dead-on perfect, that's when you just get completely thrown.

Wow! Getting all 4. This is taking me out of 1/6 retirement.

oh boy, these are so well done, not sure if I can go for all four and the ecto-1 - Between this and Doc and the flying Delorean I really need to create more space:panic:

I still have the Matty 1/6 that I planned to bash. Despite having the chance to have these near complete versions I'll probably be able to bash at s fraction of the cost for all 4. I do want the 1/6 ecto

:rotfl

I was looking at my customs this morning, and was thinking that I am going to be so happy to have two different sets of figures, with different strengths. Because as nice as these are--and I agree 100% with others here that these sculpts have life, and I'll take a somewhat scene specific look like these over the more generic looks that HT gives us most of the time--having an awestruck Ray, and an amused, cynical Venkman is something I want to keep on the shelf.

My plan is to use the headsculpts I currently have and use those to finally upgrade my GB2 busters in grey suits. I currently have my Matty 12" GB2 on display. I will then use these BW figures as my GB1 figures.

I'd like to see someone do marshmallow covered versions like your sig.

That light-up Slimer is cool :clap

Back