Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It could also be a case of just showing off old figures which to me seems dumb " here's our GB set from 2017 if you want them you'll have to sell your kidney"
.View attachment 728463

A showcase of their old figures seems likely, but at the same time it's odd to put them at the top of the list of products to come and see at one of their booths. :unsure:

Either way, I already have the original release and would have no interest in Afterlife renditions.

Another option is Ghostbusters II, which may have been licensed separately from Star Ace.

Another option is Ghostbusters II, which may have been licensed separately from Star Ace. A showcase of their old figures seems likely, but at the same time it's odd to put them at the top of the list of products to come and see at one of their booths. :unsure:

Either way, I already have the original release and would have no interest in Afterlife renditions.
Ghostbusters 2 would be great!

I’d like to see the different GB2 outfits and Slime Blowers for Ray & Winston. I’m probably in the minority of GB fandom that loves the sequel.

I own the original Blitzway Ghostbusters 4-pack but I wouldn’t mind seeing a 2.0 or re-issue for those that missed out the original release. I’d even consider double dipping if the figures are improved.

they never did a DeLorean before, so that seems very odd. If they really do a V.02 Version of the GB's and can improve the head sculpts, all of a sudden the OG GB's will extremely drop in prices on the evil bay :-D

Think about it. Either if it's just to showcase their older figures, or if that's a reissue... they will still showcase their older figures!

And it's likely that they need to revamp their 1/6 license (assuming it's non-exclusive at this point), otherwise it will expire. They didn't mind before, but that changed when Star Ace joined the mix. Now they have to respnd with new figures. With either a reissue (safest and cheapest choice for them) or with new figures from either GII or afterlife (which has a much more limited appeal on collecctors, so it's the least profitable option for Blitzway).

Tbf I think they'd be mad not doing 2.0 or at minimum reissue the 1st GB figures.

I remember trading a DX11 for a 4 pack with a retailer, these have become so high in demand that Blitzway could potentially see the demand

So much $$ on the table.

Last edited:
Definitely interesting. I’ve always regretted selling off my trio set so I’m down with either a straight rerelease or new GB2 figures (which was actually my favorite Ghostbusters growing up). Even just a reissue would be nice because you would expect the paint apps to be improved. That was really my only big complaint with the originals. Wonder if they will re-reissue the Ecto-1 again too.

i doubt it will be from GB 2 or Afterlife, since it only states "(Ghostbusters)" Although, later down the line some figs from the other films would be nice as well.

I would also like to see them team up or getting bought from Prime1 to make more official 1/6th figures than before. I think with such a big player in the game they could kick some serious ass :-D

Happy if it's a v2 of the Ghostbusters, bit sad because I've ordered few of the guys from the third parties, that cannot be cancelled. -__-

Last edited:
I would have been totally down for some Afterlife figures after that movie came out, but the latest awful movie just completely killed my interest in those characters, so it's OG or nothing for me now. And sorry, but I absolutely detest those blue GB2 suits and slime blowers.

I’d hope it’s not straight up re-release as improvements are needed to original lineup…..that said knowing they still have best set after all this time and the value their going for aftermarket. I wouldnt be suprised of a straight up remake
Yeah I was never that wild about the original sculpts, even with the bad paint apps. As they always looked a bit too caricaturish for my taste. So it would be nice to see some better sculpts that looked like the actual actors we saw on screen.

I emailed Blitzway maybe 2-yrs ago to see if they would consider reissuing the Ecto or the figures, and at least at that time they said they do not do reissues. I think they reissued Tyler Durden though. I do not think updated versions are considered reissues though....

Whatever it is. I’m in!
Unless it’s just the old ones on display as some are weirdly speculating, that would be crazy sad!

Soldier Toys showed prototypes in their regular clothes. I suppose that's a possibility if they don't want to do Reissues as a matter of policy, though I don't know how well they would sell.

"We're ready to believe you" looks might be cool. Or maybe suits covered in marshmallow goo.

Back