Blue on Stormy Commander come off?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mookeylama

Super Freak
Reaction score
anyone know if the blue on this guy is paint and would it come off w/ some thinner? wondering if i could turn him into a regular Stormy

Although I have not tried it on the Sideshow Stormtrooper commander, I did remove the paint from a Sideshow Cobra Sniper's helmet. It left a slightly polished spot on the helmet where I cleaned it off. I am not sure if it would do the same on the Stormtrooper Commander. But if you end up trying to clean it off, I would suggest using one of the milder removers like Easy Lift Off. It takes more effort because it is a weaker solution, but that is intentional in order to give it the benefit of doing less damage to the material under the paint in cases where that applies.

Now that I remember, I also used it to remove the dirt from a Some Sandtrooper armor and it worked great. I do have pics somewhere in the Star Wars section.

Edit - Here they are

Before
DSC07040.jpg
After
DSC07041.jpg

You don't like the commander paint? I thought this was a great paint job and it makes the figure stand out. Then again, I have 12 normal white troopers between my Medi's and SST's so I guess if I didn't have ANY white ones I might think of this.

coming from someone who has loved all of the SST Imperial line, i was surprised as to how much i hated this fig... i tried stripping the blue off and it only made things worse.

i was asking myself the same question.i was thinking about buying one,and trying to remove the blue paint(or repaint it)of course i could buy a regular stormtrooper.but i am not able to get one in germany,and i am not buying overseas,just because of shipping and taxes.
well,let me think about that for a while:wink1:

I tired that here and nobody wanted to touch that deal :thud:. I know that GooGone will remove paint from the 3 3/4 scale figures very well as long as you don't rub hard or too much. Might have to try it with the ST Cmdr I have been trying to sell. If it damages the base coat then I will turn it into real battle damage :yess:.

Could you not trade it for a white one?

Is he like the regular Storm trooper though? My regular trooper had a bit of molding flash that was bothering me so I grabbed an exacto and file to take it off. I discovered that the plastic underneath was actually off white and his nice snow white color was actually paint. So if the commander is the same you may run in to taking off the white too.

Back