1/6 Hot Toys - CMS022/CMS022B Marvel Comics Doctor Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I’m pretty tempted to get this, but I’m not sure what I would do with my S-Hero Doom that I spent a good chunk of time (gladly) modifying his height and arm length.

I wonder if the S hero head will fit on the Hot Toys Doom, I prefer it. But the S hero head is connected by a magnet, so that could complicate things.
The magnet for the head comes out pretty easily, and a regular socket adapter fits.

I'm confused -- what is this? Just a pretend Doom? Made "real" from the comics? And... why?

This is a good point.

Looking through comics and scrolling through hundreds of images the element that's most common to Doom's costume is his simple, plain green tunic (as on the S-Hero figure, or the Sideshow maquette that inspired Hot Toys' backdrop).

Yet Hot Toys have made it much more elaborate with stitching, panels and layers:

535962-461105189-990306876227953-5318707358339636106-n.jpg

Occasionally a more elaborate design pops up, but it appears to be from cartoons, video games, card games, fan art or cosplay.

One of the possible inspirations is from the Marvel Ultimate Alliance videogame, with its panels and split skirt design:

Doom Marvel Ultimate Alliance.jpg

A Hono release might've been the preferable option, and Hot Toys may actually do a Hono later with a simpler, more 'classic' appearance. 'Classic' in that he's worn the plain and simple tunic for most his appearances over the last 62 years.

Last edited:
Back