Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn right.

I'm not a fan of the character anyway, so this movie has zero appeal for me. I'm sure they'll girl power it up and make her a bad ass trying to draw the Wonder Woman crowd, but who cares?

um maybe like half the population cares and many millions do as well who enjoy these films. i read some of her newest comics over the past several years by Deconnick and she's a pretty great character. so its ok for boy power but not girl power? because that's what iron man, thor, hulk, cap, batman, super man, etc etc are. boy power. its about time female characters get their films. long, long overdue.

um maybe like half the population cares and many millions do as well who enjoy these films. i read some of her newest comics over the past several years by Deconnick and she's a pretty great character. so its ok for boy power but not girl power? because that's what iron man, thor, hulk, cap, batman, super man, etc etc are. boy power. its about time female characters get their films. long, long overdue.

Jesus, relax. Just because I'm not impressed with the character doesn't mean anyone is being repressed. I'm all for female characters getting the spotlight, but there are other Marvel characters that deserve it more than Captain Marvel. The current version of the character is much more militant and an establishment pawn than she used to be, which I don't like. I'm sure there will be tons of people in line for the movie that have zero knowledge of the character. They will support it because it's a female solo film, act like Captain Marvel is the Second Coming, and use the film as an excuse to bash all the "women-haters" that have any issue with the film. As little interest as I have in the character now, I have even less interest in the upcoming circus that will happen when the film is released.

Jesus, relax. Just because I'm not impressed with the character doesn't mean anyone is being repressed. I'm all for female characters getting the spotlight, but there are other Marvel characters that deserve it more than Captain Marvel. The current version of the character is much more militant and an establishment pawn than she used to be, which I don't like. I'm sure there will be tons of people in line for the movie that have zero knowledge of the character. They will support it because it's a female solo film, act like Captain Marvel is the Second Coming, and use the film as an excuse to bash all the "women-haters" that have any issue with the film. As little interest as I have in the character now, I have even less interest in the upcoming circus that will happen when the film is released.

so don't watch it. then you dont have to worry about it.

Now now, don't forget not liking a chick character because of the fact that she's a bad character still means you're sexist.

so don't watch it. then you dont have to worry about it.

Not watching the film doesn't mean I can escape the madness. Hopefully Marvel will make a great film. Hopefully people will be able to enjoy it for what it is and not put any "female" labels to it like "biggest opening box office for a female character film" or "best third Thursday box office for a female character film" or "Most concessions sold at theaters for a female character film". Everyone acts like there's never been a film in all of history with a female lead or female director, or female writer, or female key grip--which I find incredibly insulting to all the women that have been involved with films before the Wonder Woman film (and more than likely this one).

Best thing she ever did was die and give Rogue her powers.
Eh, she was ok... But yeah. :lol

No, it was confirmed a while ago that only Super Skrull is owned by FOX.
Skrulls as a whole are shared between the two companies.
So what's the point in havin' Skrulls but not havin' them as superhero doppelgangers?
I don't like this...

Marvel has slowly been resurrecting the Carol Danvers Captain Marvel's stance over the past few years in the comics. She was the leader of the Mighty Avengers and has slowly been established to have a pre-emanate role in Marvel as their first-line super heroine. Yeah, she had some hard times in the 80's and 90's but they're planning for her to be their "Wonder Woman".

It wouldn't surprise me if she's the leader of the "new" Phase 4 Avengers.

With the Skrulls involved in this movie, I'm guessing we might see a little of the "Secret Invasion" story leak in.

Marvel has slowly been resurrecting the Carol Danvers Captain Marvel's stance over the past few years in the comics. She was the leader of the Mighty Avengers and has slowly been established to have a pre-emanate role in Marvel as their first-line super heroine. Yeah, she had some hard times in the 80's and 90's but they're planning for her to be their "Wonder Woman".

With the Skrulls involved in this movie, I'm guessing we might see a little of the "Secret Invasion" story leak in.
Oh it's on that is really the only story line that they can possibly use secret invasion set against then back drop of the kree skrull war.

If this the story I am looking forward to it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Or maybe the start of it

DFYajDEUMAA6Sqh.jpg

DFYaYtxUAAQOej9.jpg

DFYbD1RXoAIBCvB.jpg

Cool concept art. I look forward to seeing this movie. :D

I couldn't care less about Carol, but the Skrulls interest me. I'm just waiting for my boy Mar-Vell to be announced. I also wouldn't mind seeing Genis & Phylla show up.

Did the MCU not have rights to the Skrulls before? Or was it another race?

I remember someone said something about a licensing issue with an alien race and so they went with the Chitauri in the 1st Avengers.
My memories of EMH are coming back. :yess:

Did the MCU not have rights to the Skrulls before? Or was it another race?

I remember someone said something about a licensing issue with an alien race and so they went with the Chitauri in the 1st Avengers.
My memories of EMH are coming back. :yess:

I thought this as well, which is why this announcement surprises me. I thought Fox owned the skrulls. If they did maybe secret deals are happening between Marvel and Fox.

I thought this as well, which is why this announcement surprises me. I thought Fox owned the skrulls. If they did maybe secret deals are happening between Marvel and Fox.

No, it was confirmed a while ago that only Super Skrull is owned by FOX.
Skrulls as a whole are shared between the two companies from the start.

Back