Celebration Anaheim 2015 - April 16-19 - Confirmed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's gets old but it also has advantages, last year I took 2 week vacation in Europe and paid maybe 500 out of pocket as the flight and hotels were all points.

All those points would be nice.

Years ago, I traveled to South America 3 times for business. I had enough miles to fly to Italy and back, so that was worth it.

We're under the 5-month mark, so it's time to start looking into finalizing plans. I'm leaning towards coming out a few days before it starts. Anyone else?

I'm fairly flexible on dates... although I'm thinking I may try to leave on Sunday rather than take another day off. My work is pretty flexible, but taking off that much time might be a problem as its a pretty busy part of the semester. I'd certainly lean towards getting in a day or two early, rather than staying into the next week.

It's gets old but it also has advantages, last year I took 2 week vacation in Europe and paid maybe 500 out of pocket as the flight and hotels were all points.

All those points would be nice.

Years ago, I traveled to South America 3 times for business. I had enough miles to fly to Italy and back, so that was worth it.
I used miles to fly to Celebration Europe last year, in Business Class (it's the only way to go with International Travel), and used points to pay for my hotel in Portugal as well. And I still have over 100K in miles on two airlines. I might use some of em for Anaheim though, seeing as there are no flight bargains, and no direct flights to Orange County, CA.

I'm fairly flexible on dates... although I'm thinking I may try to leave on Sunday rather than take another day off. My work is pretty flexible, but taking off that much time might be a problem as its a pretty busy part of the semester. I'd certainly lean towards getting in a day or two early, rather than staying into the next week.
I definitely won't be leaving on Sunday, since there are no flights that night to Milwaukee, and I won't have any issues getting Monday off. I guess my flight dates will be dependent on when I can get free flights.

Looks like I can use rewards points on just about any of the days... so I'm good. I'm just not sure about leaving Sunday or Monday, but is everyone planning on getting in Tuesday night?

OC will cost more to fly into. Look at Long Beach Airport or Lax. There is a Disney bus that goes from Lax, or take shuttle from either.

Hell you could look at Ontario too and take shuttle. It might be cheaper after the shuttle then flying into OC. They have the worst landing fees, plus if your coming in at night and flight is delayed you might get screwed as they have a curfew.

Are we flying into Los Angeles?

I can get a non-stop arrive 8:11pm on Weds
Depart 10:10pm Sunday night non-stop
For $316.00

Is this a good deal?
And do these time frames work------I guess I should check with waller to see when room is booked
But I like the idea of flying all night Sunday----Would get home at 5:31 AM Monday morning

OC will cost more to fly into. Look at Long Beach Airport or Lax. There is a Disney bus that goes from Lax, or take shuttle from either.

Hell you could look at Ontario too and take shuttle. It might be cheaper after the shuttle then flying into OC. They have the worst landing fees, plus if your coming in at night and flight is delayed you might get screwed as they have a curfew.

I'm planning on getting my flights free anyway. Flights from Tulsa are slim, so I'd probably be doing morning flights anyway.

Are we flying into Los Angeles?

I can get a non-stop arrive 8:11pm on Weds
Depart 10:10pm Sunday night non-stop
For $316.00

Is this a good deal?
And do these time frames work------I guess I should check with waller to see when room is booked
But I like the idea of flying all night Sunday----Would get home at 5:31 AM Monday morning

I have the room booked starting Tuesday until Monday.

holy ****, i hope i find out my vacation approval soon. Flights from Houston to LA during that time right now can be had for $89 one way non stop on Southwest!!!!!

:panic::panic:

Lax shuttle
SuperShuttle Disneyland | Disneyland Airport Shuttle | Disneyland TO LAX, SNA, ONT, BUR, LGB Airport Transportation

or if everyone gets in around same time you can hire private van for about $90.
The bus is more it's like 40-45 round trip but only goes to the resort, the one is posted will go to the hotels listed.

Also avoid landing 4-7pm unless you want to spend hour or two getting there from Lax.

seriously if you guys have questions on those parts shoot me a pm I know the area airports WAY to well and how to get around.

Back