Premium Format Christian Bale Batman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out the review just below your post, he actually compares the two sculpts around the 8:40 mark :wink1:

:hi5:

The cowls look surprisingly similar. Hmmmm. While the post isnt my favorite ever, the more I look at my HT, the more I'm put off by it. Bale PF looks amazing in profile though. Damn it.

:hi5:

The cowls look surprisingly similar. Hmmmm. While the post isnt my favorite ever, the more I look at my HT, the more I'm put off by it. Bale PF looks amazing in profile though. Damn it.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna cash in on it if I can get a 5% code (actually I think I used that one on Spiderman... do the 10% ones still exist?) or a $25 off or something. The EX will probably go before it gets any major discounts or free shipping so I'm not gonna wait. I'll pose the HT exactly like the PF and do side-by-side comparison photos, haha. I'm just not sure what to do after, when I have two 1/4 TDK Batmans...

This piece turned out fantastic. Much better looking sculpt than the HT version. I wish I could fit him in my collection, but for now I need to just watch from the sidelines. Congrats to all who get him!

My sonar head light function doesn't always work when I flip the switch to on. Sometimes the lights turn on fine but sometimes they flicker on and off then go off, or they just dont turn on the first time. I have to flip the switch on and off again to get them to turn on. if i touch the switch when set to on I can sometimes make the lights flicker. Anyone else having these issues with the light up feature? Could it be loose or a bad battery, or is it the switch/electronics

Last edited:
So why does there seem to be a layering of light blue on this statue's armor--especially the shoulders/torso? I tried to look at pics from the official movie to see if I notice this blue shading, but I don't notice it.

It just seems a bit odd to me--almost like they did a good paint job but ran out of paint before each statue was completed.

So why does there seem to be a layering of light blue on this statue's armor--especially the shoulders/torso? I tried to look at pics from the official movie to see if I notice this blue shading, but I don't notice it.

It just seems a bit odd to me--almost like they did a good paint job but ran out of paint before each statue was completed.

It's commonly used on black paint schemes to add highlights along with light gray.. gives it some extra flare.

Yup, highlights, like a shine on the black surface. IMO it works well on smaller scale (like 1/4), but takes away the realism on 1/1 busts. I save some repaints of the Sideshow life-size bust done without the highlights and it just looks more realistic.

Yup, highlights, like a shine on the black surface. IMO it works well on smaller scale (like 1/4), but takes away the realism on 1/1 busts. I save some repaints of the Sideshow life-size bust done without the highlights and it just looks more realistic.

Okay, thanks guys. Just wanted to check. Funny you say that about the bust, as this always bothered me about the 1:1 bust as well. I briefly owned it and it was a pretty nice piece, but that shading of blue on it just didn't work for me.

This is killing me. My Bats has been in the UPS warehouse since 11p Friday night. And due to the Labor day holiday I wont be able to get my piece until Tuesday. It does say Labor day hours may differ. So theres a little hope that theyre open for a few hours, so I can pick it up. :pray:

Mine is about a 25 minute drive away at a nearby ups hub .. but I'll have to wait until Tuesday for delivery. I wish I could just drive there and pick it up early. I know ups does package intercept for customers but i think you need to schedule that before it gets scanned, being its already one destination away the next scan won't be until Tuesday when it goes out for delivery. Oh well, few more days to go :)

Just got this today, could not get over how small the box was as far as height goes compared to the height of PF boxes that I am use to. I think the statue is in scale though, it's just that because of the crouching pose this makes the whole statue shorter, and thus why the box is not very high.

Ok first impressions.

This is one fantastic statue and IMO blows away the Hot Toys one. The paint job on the face is realistic but Hot Toy's paint job is looks slightly more realistic and smoother than the paint job on the PF face.

Nevertheless, IMO what makes this statue so much better than the Hot Toys one is that the armor looks like real metal armor, whereas the armor on Hot Toys one just looks like soft rubber. Personally, I always felt the Hot Toys one just looked like one big toy and I think this is because it had that soft rubber look to it and so I never really displayed mine.

Now one major QC problem I had that I actually didn't notice until I took a comparison pic of the face plate of Hot Toys and of the normal sculpt is that the paint on the tips of the nose on both heads have come off. I notice that most people have some degree of this but not to the extent mine has on the regular one.

Anyway here is the comparison pic between the lower half of the face of Hot Toys and the PF, to give you an idea of the quality of the paint job of the PF when compared to Hot Toys one. It's obvious in this picture that a fair bit of paint on the nose tip has come off.

I was surprized that the chest plate is plastic, I guess if it was polystone it might of put too much weight on the figure.

So my final thoughts, for those of you who who think the Hot Toys figure looks too toyish than I suggest you pick this up because IMO it is the ultimate TDK Batman. However, I would have to say that Hot Toys has better likeness to Bale on the lower part of the face. Nevertheless, IMO the likeness to Bale as Batman overall is better than Hot Toys one, mainly because of the squinty eyes as opposed to the slightly bug eyed look that the Hot Toys one has.

Last edited:
Hmm. I'm not sure about this but could it be just the light bouncing off the tip of the nose?

Hmm. I'm not sure about this but could it be just the light bouncing off the tip of the nose?

I wish that was the case but the Sonar head nose tip doesn't look anywhere near as bad as the regular when both are in the same lighting conditions. :(

Last edited:
Just got this today, could not get over how small the box was as far as height goes compared to the height of PF boxes that I am use to. I think the statue is in scale though, it's just that because of the crouching pose this makes the whole statue shorter, and thus why the box is not very high.

Ok first impressions.

This is one fantastic statue and IMO blows away the Hot Toys one. The paint job on the face is realistic but Hot Toy's paint job is looks slightly more realistic and smoother than the paint job on the PF face.

Nevertheless, IMO what makes this statue so much better than the Hot Toys one is that the armor looks like real metal armor, whereas the armor on Hot Toys one just looks like soft rubber. Personally, I always felt the Hot Toys one just looked like one big toy and I think this is because it had that soft rubber look to it and so I never really displayed mine.

Now one major QC problem I had that I actually didn't notice until I took a comparison pic of the face plate of Hot Toys and of the normal sculpt is that the paint on the tips of the nose on both heads have come off. I notice that most people have some degree of this but not to the extent mine has on the regular one.

Anyway here is the comparison pic between the lower half of the face of Hot Toys and the PF, to give you an idea of the quality of the paint job of the PF when compared to Hot Toys one.

I was surprized that the chest plate is plastic, I guess if it was polystone it might of put too much weight on the figure.

So my final thoughts, for those of you who who think the Hot Toys figure looks too toyish than I suggest you pick this up because IMO it is the ultimate TDK Batman and the likeness to Bale overall is better than Hot Toys one because of the squinty eyes as opposed to the plastic bug eyes that the Hot Toys one has. However, I would have to say that Hot Toys has better likeness regarding the lower part of the face.

Hey Steve,

Congrats buddy, didn't know you had this on order. I've been keeping my eye on this from day 1...just never pulled the trigger. Reading your impressions makes me want to sell my Hot Toys figure and get this instead. How's the pose in person, and is the cape any good? Only thing that's putting me off is the price though. Fair bit more expensive than the Hot Toys figure.

Hey Steve,

Congrats buddy, didn't know you had this on order. I've been keeping my eye on this from day 1...just never pulled the trigger.

Hey Nuri,

Thanks Bro, I have also been keeping an eye on this on day one but was not going to buy it unless I had confirmation that the EX head lit up.

Reading your impressions makes me want to sell my Hot Toys figure and get this instead.

Well I plan on selling mine.

How's the pose in person, and is the cape any good?

Ahh the pose, at first it didn't bother me but now it does, have not put on the cape yet, just watched a video where a guy shows you how to do it so I will get to it soon.

Only thing that's putting me off is the price though. Fair bit more expensive than the Hot Toys figure.

Yeah it is expensive, I used that trick you do with Internet Explorer to get the 10% off discount code, so that got the price down a little and ended up being the exact amount for the NRD. Nevertheless, it still cost over $600 Australian dollars!

Last edited:
Back