Comic Con 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I say get rid of exclusives. More tickets would be available for those of us who wish to attend.

You know you and I are of the same accord.

I say do away with exclusives and have items premier there. Or... do like Sideshow has done and allow attendees the chance to pre-order first.

But this exclusive crap is killing the experience. Hence why I just don't care as much anymore about exclusives.

I loved NYCC last year. I went in... didn't care about getting exclusive anything ... Just walked around took i t all in. Loved it.

Same thing really for Celebration. Only thing I tried for was the Hallmark ornament. And I wasn't going to sweat it.

Gone are those days. If I can't go to the con and enjoy my friends company and all the visuals and panels I want, its not worth it to me anymore.

Noob question, but first time going SDCC,
Which line do I start lining up at if I want exclusives from hasbro-hot toys?
I know hall H is where all the panels are but which hall is for the exclusive purchases? The map on their site confuses me :(

For Hasbro, you're supposed to go up to the Sails Pavillion and get a ticket, which will get you into the Hasbro "shop" (store) on the exhibit floor.

I thought I heard on Twitter yesterday that the line for Hasbro was a mile long in the morning. The Hasbro exclusives are always the ones in highest demand because they always sell several things that can be flipped for a lot of profit.

However, at the end of the day you can often walk right into their store. We did it yesterday around 6:40 (floor closes at 7pm). Walked right in without a ticket, and bought two of the Deadpool taco sets and the Angry Birds Star Wars set for our Son (we're not flippers).

I wish I'd known at that time which of the Hasbro pieces I could sell for a lot of profit, because I likely would have bought one. But I didn't research it in advance so I didn't know.

As of yesterday they had just about everything in stock. Last year on Saturday, half of everything they were selling was completely gone.

If anyone goes over to where Haven is, and there is anything awesome you can grab, let me know!

For Hasbro, you're supposed to go up to the Sails Pavillion and get a ticket, which will get you into the Hasbro "shop" (store) on the exhibit floor.

I thought I heard on Twitter yesterday that the line for Hasbro was a mile long in the morning. The Hasbro exclusives are always the ones in highest demand because they always sell several things that can be flipped for a lot of profit.

However, at the end of the day you can often walk right into their store. We did it yesterday around 6:40 (floor closes at 7pm). Walked right in without a ticket, and bought two of the Deadpool taco sets and the Angry Birds Star Wars set for our Son (we're not flippers).

I wish I'd known at that time which of the Hasbro pieces I could sell for a lot of profit, because I likely would have bought one. But I didn't research it in advance so I didn't know.

As of yesterday they had just about everything in stock. Last year on Saturday, half of everything they were selling was completely gone.

How in demand was the Deadpool set?

How in demand was the Deadpool set?

According to one guy with the store, they won't sell out of them. But that was at the end of preview night.

One note from the Riddick panel today....a fan asked Vin Diesel what his "Vision" was working with Marvel in the future.

He smiled and said something big was being announced by the end of the month. Then he laughed and said "poor Marvel".

Sitting in Hall H right now and Sony/Spiderman 2 are up next. Can't wait to see Electro in action.

According to one guy with the store, they won't sell out of them. But that was at the end of preview night.

One note from the Riddick panel today....a fan asked Vin Diesel what his "Vision" was working with Marvel in the future.

He smiled and said something big was being announced by the end of the month. Then he laughed and said "poor Marvel".

Sitting in Hall H right now and Sony/Spiderman 2 are up next. Can't wait to see Electro in action.

You wouldn't be able to pick one up for a fellow freak, would you? If there aren't any lines, I mean.:monkey3

You wouldn't be able to pick one up for a fellow freak, would you? If there aren't any lines, I mean.:monkey3
I'm only gonna be there tomorrow. If cof cant do it, I'll try for ya. But it's mostly panels for me.

Was the Ackbar bust still avail? Hope I have time to pick up a exclusive for myself, heh.

I'm only gonna be there tomorrow. If cof cant do it, I'll try for ya. But it's mostly panels for me.

Really? Thanks so much, man. As far as the panels go, you picked a great time. Hopefully, WB has some nice surprises.

Another look at everything (16min long) in the SS booth.

Good quality too.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wltB45LZsoI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wltB45LZsoI[/ame]

I doubt I'll be able to pick up anything tomorrow, but maybe Sunday. Have something potentially really awesome going on tomorrow but don't want to talk about it and jinx it. ;)

Just got home, spent the day in Hall H. Amazing Spiderman 2 was AWESOME. They had shot a video of someone in the new Spidey suit swinging / climbing walls around downtown San Diego as if he was on his way to the panel. Then Andrew Garfield showed up stage right in the full Spidey costume. Then they showed a trailer / footage. Electro looks bad ***. Footage of Paul Giamatti, but nothing with him as Rhino.

Webb said that Rhino is a very small side story and that Electro is THE villain that Spiderman must face. Garfield and Foxx were very entertaining.

Robocop looks awesome. I didn't even realize Michael Keaton was in it. Cool to see Batman and Nick Fury in the same movie panel. This is not a straight up remake of the old Robocop, new story built on the same idea.

First time comic con and prob worse experience.

Woke up at 3:30 am to line up for badge (one day Friday)
Line was already about half a mile long
Started moving at about 8am
Got my badge at 8:30am hoping to get some hasbro exclusives or bandai exclusives.
After walking around aimlessly for 10 mins trying to figure out where is where (c'mon SDCC put some signs!), lined up to enter into exhibit.
When exhibits opened and I went downstairs, I tried to get in line to hasbro only to find out that they were out of tickets around 6:30am-6-45am...
I'm like oh well so I ran straight to bendai booth hoping to snatch a morphine ranger set and only to find out that the line was filled with people and probably over 300.
Lined up, was told the exclusives were sold out for the day...

So from all this experience, I'm assuming people with ONE day badge will never have a chance at getting the exclusives from hasbro or any fine line companies.
By the time you finish getting your badge, the tickets for exclusives are all gone for the day.
Moral of story: get 4 day badge sale #thisiscomiccon

:(
No dead pool or boba figure that I traveled mainly here for

All 500 protos were gone on preview night. Most to vendors before the doors opened. There were none for yesterday at all.

This is typical and should surprise no one.

If you get an early bird set count yourself lucky.

It turns out he was able to get me an Early Bird Kit, they were plentiful as of yesterday. Now to track down the 2pack for a reasonable price. If anyone at the show sees a set for around $75-80 and can help me out, please lmk....

Back