Comic Con 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Agree it's unfair, I mean if you were able to get a Member ID then why not let us take a crack at it, what harm is it going to do them??? so everyone that has gone years before get to go again and not leave any room for new comers???????

As Josh mentioned, in years past, you could always buy tickets at Con for the following year. Last year, the lines were incredibly long, so they did away with it and are letting attendees buy a percentage of tickets beforehand...just like they would have been able to do if they were still selling them at Con.

The remaining tickets (which is the large bulk) are then later open to everyone to purchase. It's always been like that, so I'm not sure why people are getting so upset over it. Instead of buying tickets at Con we had to buy them online. The majority will still be available to all people later.

As Josh mentioned, in years past, you could always buy tickets at Con for the following year. Last year, the lines were incredibly long, so they did away with it and are letting attendees buy a percentage of tickets beforehand...just like they would have been able to do if they were still selling them at Con.

The remaining tickets (which is the large bulk) are then later open to everyone to purchase. It's always been like that, so I'm not sure why people are getting so upset over it. Instead of buying tickets at Con we had to buy them online. The majority will still be available to all people later.

because from what I and we have read and heard, we are under the assumption that there arent any passes left.

Yeah, there's definitely tickets left that will be for sale in early 2013. No idea how many, but there will be a chance for those who didn't go this year.

Doesn't matter what city it's in. The venue capacity will determine the number of attendees allowed (by whichever fire marshall). If you've got a venue with only 60,000...then max attendees will be 60,000. If 25,000, then 25,000 attendees. Etc. Moving it to a larger venue will only mean attendees allowed will increase and the same cluster will occur.
I don't know about others, but a huge part of the Con experience for me is the location itself. Love the ambience and block party atmosphere of the Gaslamp during Cons and the fact that nearly everything is within walking a short distance from the convention center.

or maybe it can accomodate it ..the bottleneck and limited hotel area of the gaslamp district is a poor are for something like this.. vegas can accomodate anything

because from what I and we have read and heard, we are under the assumption that there arent any passes left.

Only the passes set aside as a courtesy for those who attended Con this last July are sold out.

I can't imagine they would hold more than 1/3 for this early sale. That would mean that at least 2/3 will still be available later.

This is from their email:

Open online badge registration for the entire general public will occur sometime in early 2013 for those who are not eligible for preregistration on August 4th. To check your preregistration eligibility, log in to your Member ID account at https://secure2.comic-con.org/memberid/

or maybe it can accomodate it ..the bottleneck and limited hotel area of the gaslamp district is a poor are for something like this.. vegas can accomodate anything

I have to agree that Vegas is the logical move. I've heard they have a crazy big convention center there (much bigger than San Diego's) and lets face it, there is no shortage of hotels and places to stay there. As much as I like SDCC, I would fully support LVCC. SDCC has just gotten too big for San Diego and they aren't doing anything to help it. You couldn't find a place to park anywhere near a trolley stop, let alone the convetion center without paying $30+ or being 10+ miles away. The mall over near the hotel circle area was specifically stating no SDCC parking. They have a freaking trolley stop, a parking garage, and they refuse to let people park there? WTF!?! Its things like that that make moving the show somewhere else more appealing. San Diego would be singing a very different tune after they lose this cash cow.

They are expanding the convention center. I'm not sure when that's due to be finished but it's on the books. Parking has never been an issue but I've always stayed around the con itself

Wow, both the wife and I were out of town this weekend so we had to resort to 3G to order the tickets. We both got our tickets but we had to settle for 4 day individual. I am not concerned about it as long as they allow you to combine the 4 day individual into 1 4 day pass like they did last year.

I have to agree that Vegas is the logical move. I've heard they have a crazy big convention center there (much bigger than San Diego's) and lets face it, there is no shortage of hotels and places to stay there. As much as I like SDCC, I would fully support LVCC. SDCC has just gotten too big for San Diego and they aren't doing anything to help it. You couldn't find a place to park anywhere near a trolley stop, let alone the convetion center without paying $30+ or being 10+ miles away. The mall over near the hotel circle area was specifically stating no SDCC parking. They have a freaking trolley stop, a parking garage, and they refuse to let people park there? WTF!?! Its things like that that make moving the show somewhere else more appealing. San Diego would be singing a very different tune after they lose this cash cow.

amen

They are expanding the convention center. I'm not sure when that's due to be finished but it's on the books. Parking has never been an issue but I've always stayed around the con itself

On the books?
SD City is piss poor due to mismanagement of money and bending over for developers.

Los Angeles will be the future of the CON. :yess:

https://www.farmersfield.com/

preach dagger..

laconventionfuture.jpg

:yess:

sd convention will not expand. Its not needed. Why? For comic con? which is 5 days a year.

There was a time when it was going to be sold and taken down because SD is poor.

Back