Statue Cover Girls of the DC Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are getting spoiled with the frequency that the Covergirls have been coming out this year because from here the line slows a bit. Powergirl in February, Harley in June, and Ivy in September tentatively. Z and Wondy also make a return to shops this month as well. I hope we get a new piece announcement soon.

I received mine and painted one to match the version from the Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe game. She isn't completely finished but you get the idea, I have some small touch ups to do.

mortal-kombat-vs-dc-universe-catwom.jpg

catboth1.jpg

purplecat2.jpg

catfull.jpg

It's interesting how DCD is able to knock this line out of the park, yet so many of their other products are lacking. Certainly a lot is contributed by the source material, but the sculpting, paint, etc seems superior on this line than the others.

yeah the quality sure seems a notch or two above their usual standards. i wonder if that's because dcd might have engaged different suppliers this time round. or (hopefully) because they just stepped up their game.

black cat: that's an excellent repaint! i really like that purple.

I have started to notice that all the faces in this line are starting to look alike though...

Good eye! Adam has noticed the same thing. The sculptor sort of managed to figure out an "Adam Hughes short hand" and applies it to all of the AH! sculptures. I think that's why so many folks think these are more successful at capturing Adam's style than the Sideshow ones. The Sideshow sculptors are trying to replicate, in three dimensions, Adam's actual individual pieces of art. The Sculptor at DC is applying his "AH face" to the individual poses. I think both approaches are successful, and result in great looking statues.

Who's spreading the rumors that Poison Ivy is already available for pre-order??

If not, who's the next slated Cover Girl after Harley?

Back