Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one got it, absolutely no one. Even on Facebook there isn't any single mention of somebody getting it. If you aren't watching their profile constantly there's no way in getting these Facebook only codes.

There are three people who have commented on the RP post on Facebook saying "Thank you" to Sideshow, so I assume they got it.

"Alex Harden Wow, finally caught one of these lol. Thanks Sideshow :)"

"Armand Doobay Thanks for the code guys."

"Jim Gharda Thank you !"

I saw it 9 minutes after it was posted as I was checking my newsfeed. I'm sure plenty of people got it, despite the low number of comments.

Just FYI- someone who was able to get the ALLTHEYAY code replied to me on Facebook and told me it was worth $2.

If I click my globe on the top of Facebook for notifications, the last Sideshow notification I have is something about pizza from the 27th. So I still have no idea how these notifications work. I've been through all the settings and tried to turn on everything for Sideshow.

If I click my globe on the top of Facebook for notifications, the last Sideshow notification I have is something about pizza from the 27th. So I still have no idea how these notifications work. I've been through all the settings and tried to turn on everything for Sideshow.

Same here and I would really appreciate it if someone who knows could enlighten us.

I am amazed at how many of you guys actually get the codes. I have still not gotten one of these short codes.

I am amazed at how many of you guys actually get the codes. I have still not gotten one of these short codes.

While facebook notifications for Sideshow's posts don't seem to work for ****, it's pretty easy to get notifications for their posts on Twitter. Do you have a twitter account? If you don't, install the app on your phone and sign up for one. If you do, follow Sideshow Collectibles @collectsideshow. Go the their profile page and click the bell icon next to "following." Click the box next to account "Account notifications" and on the page that opens put a dot next to "All Tweets." Then go into your phone's settings and make sure you have notifications turned on for the Twitter app.

Last edited:

Well, there are some methods that make it easy to get at least some of the codes. They've given a code out during their Wednesday SS Live shows on YouTube and Facebook each of the last six Wednesdays. Obviously not everyone can get a code released in that 11 AM-12 PM Pacific time frame on Wednesdays, but it's by far the most predictable/reliable time and day that they've been releasing them.

For codes not released during SS Live on Wednesdays, I have Tapatalk notifications set up on my phone for just two of the many threads I follow on this forum- this thread and the non-banter thread. So every time someone posts in here or the non-banter thread, I get an audio and visual notification on my phone. When more than two or three pop up in here almost simultaneously, it's a good bet that a code has been released. Obviously those notifications are no help to me if SS releases a code during the middle of the night (which they very often do) and my phone is on silent while I am sleeping, so that is why I've only gotten about half of the codes they've released since SDCC.

So, basically, I am totally reliant on this forum to get the codes (outside of the SS Live shows), so that is why I started and am maintaining the code spreadsheet, just as a way to give back and hopefully help everyone else get them too!

Someone asked on this morning's ALLTHEYAY post how to get notifications on his iPhone when SS posts to Facebook. SS responded with this:

"Hi Joe- If you go to sideshow.com/notify, we have an instructional post about how you can enable mobile notifications from our Facebook page. Hope this helps!"

Am I correct in assuming that the notifications settings shown on that instructions page is what many of you already have set up and you still haven't consistently been notified of SS's posts?

Someone asked on this morning's ALLTHEYAY post how to get notifications on his iPhone when SS posts to Facebook. SS responded with this:

"Hi Joe- If you go to sideshow.com/notify, we have an instructional post about how you can enable mobile notifications from our Facebook page. Hope this helps!"

Am I correct in assuming that the notifications settings shown on that instructions page is what many of you already have set up and you still haven't consistently been notified of SS's posts?
If you read in the picture I posted they only send 5 notifications daily.
ffab0854c4791b28cb131c7d96120913.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

So every time someone posts in here or the non-banter thread, I get an audio and visual notification on my phone. When more than two or three pop up in here almost simultaneously, it's a good bet that a code has been released. Obviously those notifications are no help to me if SS releases a code during the middle of the night (which they very often do) and my phone is on silent while I am sleeping, so that is why I've only gotten about half of the codes they've released since SDCC.

Which is why the idea of using this thread for notifications should be thrown out as totally unworkable. We should all have a loud notification set for the non-banter thread which will wake us up. And more than 1 or 2 people should be posting codes to the non-banter thread. They don't need to be posted in this thread. Everyone should be relying on the non-banter thread for codes.

Statue Forum has been using their version of a non-banter thread for years and subscribing to that with my iPhone e-mail and setting them as VIP has been my main source of getting codes since the e-mail system set up by people on this forum was stopped:
https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=161563

But they don't have as many people posting there and they also missed this morning's code completely.

Sideshow's instructional page is a joke...let's leave it at that. They don't get the problem and obviously haven't tested it themselves. And the 5 notifications doesn't even work. I think I'm averaging half a notification per day.

If you read in the picture I posted they only send 5 notifications daily.
ffab0854c4791b28cb131c7d96120913.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
It doesn't even do it that many times. The algorithm is messed up or something. Most people seem to get zero notifications (not counting when Sideshow goes live).

At this point I'm looking into third-party apps that can monitor Facebook or social media posts. What I'm finding so far seems to be for people to manage their own social media accounts, but it's possible some of them may work to monitor other accounts. Some of them say they can monitor social media for any time your company's name is mentioned.

Why would you be sick of hearing about the single best method for keeping up with SSC codes that exists right now, and one that presents an example which we can copy and embrace fully here in the "non-banter" thread? The non-banter thread is just finally being revived thanks to 1 or 2 people but we should all be encouraging everybody to post codes there so it becomes the #1 reliable source for monitoring codes.

When you're trying to help people, there is no use for "our forum is better than their forum" competitiveness.

Back