Custom Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker ROTJ 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in Michigan for 12 days visiting my dad so ill get back to work on these when I get back. Finally some time off!

If I want to go for a look with the tunic and possibly the cloak (not sure about that one), which outfit should I go for? Sideshow or Medicom? I don't have the funds to buy both and combine pieces :/

I would say sideshow is the cheapest and easiest to find. It's a bit larger and has more room to move. The medicine I feel is more accurate and form fitting to the HT body but its a little more pricey and hard to find.

I have the Medi on the HT slim and looks great. Me thinks the SS gear would look better on a narrow body.

A side by side comparison of the Sideshow and Medicom suits would be awesome to help me decide.. If someone has both and 2 Lukes, I'd be forever grateful for a comparison picture of the tuniced/hooded looks!

I've saved quite a few pics from this thread. Maybe it's time to repost them.
Medi
umy8usyg.jpg
egequ5u7.jpg
dequbu7u.jpg
je9y2ana.jpg
e4eraty5.jpg

SS
8ytu7uma.jpg
a4edarad.jpg
hemagyde.jpg
ja6ynyby.jpg

I've saved quite a few pics from this thread. Maybe it's time to repost them.
Medi

Woah thanks! Will really be a tough call to choose since they seem to be VERY close in terms of quality.. Are the tunic colors really that different or does it only look like that on the pictures? And are both gloved hands compatible with the Hot Toys Luke body? And what is your personal favorite? Because of the shipping costs on the Sideshow version, and the free shipping on the Medicom version, both will end up costing me the same by the looks of it..

Woah thanks! Will really be a tough call to choose since they seem to be VERY close in terms of quality.. Are the tunic colors really that different or does it only look like that on the pictures? And are both gloved hands compatible with the Hot Toys Luke body? And what is your personal favorite? Because of the shipping costs on the Sideshow version, and the free shipping on the Medicom version, both will end up costing me the same by the looks of it..

Yup. The colors are very different. I think the medi has the right color but I could be wrong. The SS is a bit more blue grey than a drab black charcoal grey in the movie. The SS gloves hand is a bit too large for the HT figure but some of the guys up here have managed to make it look pretty good from some angles in pics. My personal favorite is the medi. If I had to choose one that's what I would buy but that's just me. I had to modify the glove hand by dremeling out the wrist post and securing it to a HT wrist peg. The SS glove is a bit easier to mod. Just heat up with a hair dryer and pop it on. The SS belt is nicer too. Since its made of leather instead of plastic. But for me I ended up using a HT Luke belly I bought on eBay and modding it to look like the Jedi belt. In the end it's really personal preference. If look at a lot of pics and decide for yourself. You'll be a lot happier for it.

Yup. The colors are very different. I think the medi has the right color but I could be wrong. The SS is a bit more blue grey than a drab black charcoal grey in the movie. The SS gloves hand is a bit too large for the HT figure but some of the guys up here have managed to make it look pretty good from some angles in pics. My personal favorite is the medi. If I had to choose one that's what I would buy but that's just me. I had to modify the glove hand by dremeling out the wrist post and securing it to a HT wrist peg. The SS glove is a bit easier to mod. Just heat up with a hair dryer and pop it on. The SS belt is nicer too. Since its made of leather instead of plastic. But for me I ended up using a HT Luke belly I bought on eBay and modding it to look like the Jedi belt. In the end it's really personal preference. If look at a lot of pics and decide for yourself. You'll be a lot happier for it.

Yeah I see what you mean, the medicom does look more screen accurate.. But since I am a guy who doesn't mind sacrificing some screen accuracy (as long as it isn't too extreme) for actual shelf presence/looks and I like the sideshow color more I think I'll be going with that one.. :) Is the size difference of the hand compared to hot toys very big though? Somewhat got me worried.. :p

Here's some of my Sideshow outfit

The hand size difference doesn't look too extreme there but it may be because of purposely posing it that way? Or is it something that doesn't really bother you?

Lookwise Sideshow really seems the way to go for me :)

Back