Cyclops PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This doesnt look good to me... ok light up feature is nice but the reg. head looks nicer

What ink and others are trying to say is that the EX head looks better in person than it does in pics. I agree the reg head looks better, more iconic, but the EX head is pretty cool too.

What ink and others are trying to say is that the EX head looks better in person than it does in pics. I agree the reg head looks better, more iconic, but the EX head is pretty cool too.

I said it doesnt look good in pics (thats what i was trying to say... no thats exactly what i said):thud:

EX head = two thumbs way down. I have it so I'm not judging from pics alone.

I love a collector who calls it like he sees it. Thanks for telling the truth darren. I value the opinion of collectors like you.

My cousin has this piece and I marveled at how bad the EX head looks when I saw it. Gambit has a GREAT EX portrait. The Rogue EX also looks to be very good from the pics I've seen. I really don't know how anyone can think that the EX head on Cyclops couldn't have been done better. I think the standard for the EX on this piece is too low if people think it looks good. Slim is a good looking guy. He's hit Emma and Jean. The owner of this EX face is just hitting the bricks, not chicks. :rotfl

I love a collector who calls it like he sees it. Thanks for telling the truth darren. I value the opinion of collectors like you.

My cousin has this piece and I marveled at how bad the EX head looks when I saw it. Gambit has a GREAT EX portrait. The Rogue EX also looks to be very good from the pics I've seen. I really don't know how anyone can think that the EX head on Cyclops couldn't have been done better. I think the standard for the EX on this piece is too low if people think it looks good. Slim is a good looking guy. He's hit Emma and Jean. The owner of this EX face is just hitting the bricks, not chicks. :rotfl

i tot gambit ex is the hand?

Yes the exclusive are the juiced up cards.

Correct. I meant to say switch out COH. COH is usually the EX with most of these pieces. Well, those and prints. However, my point remains the same. The quality of the 2 Face portraits on Gambit and Rogue tower over the Cyclops unmasked portrait. The bar was greatly lowered with Slim's face portrait.

Are you kidding!?!?!? How can the chicks resist those pearly whites! :rotfl

Ex Number #275 In The House:banana
P1020668.jpg

P1020669.jpg

P1020674.jpg

P1020673.jpg

I think you must be kidding me. As a collector it is without a doubt we are going for an EX if it is at the same price range. If you want the statue bad, why dont you order it at the very beginning? Like me, I put on the waitlist because I was late, I wanted it bad as a result I got it from Ebay, paying $100 more for the statue. (Excluding $50 more on shipping)The Reg is in stock, you wont miss the X-Men, in case you get it now.

Your logic will go on when it is out of stock and whenever you see, Cyclops is not a great piece, you will then say, "Hm, why dont they not get the Cyclops for someone who wants it?"

Conclusion, dont be cheap, just pay a $100 more for the EX if you really think it is a must for your collection.

First of all...frugal, I'll take that...but NEVER cheap.

Well I'm not kidding you in particular. It's just interesting that people complained so much about something they just had to have and will never use. I guess that's the mark of a "collector". I'm not a collector then. I just buy what I do like. Then again, comics is what got me here, and people complain online about comics but will still buy them to not mess up their perfect run, meanwhile their monetary support to the company ensures nothing will change.

But It's not about being cheap. I clearly have to think about what I'm spending more than you. I've seen what you have and I've read your comments. Some of us can't just spend an extra $100 like that or buy the same statue again. It has nothing to do with being cheap. It was needless to go there...nobody on here is cheap if we're collecting these things in any capacity. Plus I'm back-collecting things I missed. All my SS stuff I bought this year, so I'm in no ways cheap. But I do have to pay my bills before I buy a statue.

Like I said before, I didn't order it at the very beginning because I didn't know what Sideshow was before this year. Comic shops in my area never sold SS (none of them!), and before 2011 I only had 3 full size statues of 3 of my most favorite characters. Never had the time or money to browse around the internet and really get into statue collecting. I'm 3 years out of college now, so I'm getting to a place where I can afford more and discover more as I pay debt.

But I have been very fortunate. I got some good SS pieces this year from great sellers, so like I said before you commented, I will settle for a Reg. Cyclops if need be, have my Blue Team and be happy with it. I'll agree with you, you definitely wanted the Exc. more than me if you're paying $100 more for something that just came out. I NEVER said this Exc. was a must, I said I would like it to actually display and not keep it in a box like so many others. It's okay for me to say what I'm thinking.

Are you even cosigning that second paragraph, which made no sense? Because that's exactly what I'm going to say...

Last edited:
First of all...frugal, I'll take that...but NEVER cheap.

Well I'm not kidding you in particular. It's just interesting that people complained so much about something they just had to have and will never use. I guess that's the mark of a "collector". I'm not a collector then. I just buy what I do like. Then again, comics is what got me here, and people complain online about comics but will still buy them to not mess up their perfect run, meanwhile their monetary support to the company ensures nothing will change.

But It's not about being cheap. I clearly have to think about what I'm spending more than you. I've seen what you have and I've read your comments. Some of us can't just spend an extra $100 like that or buy the same statue again. It has nothing to do with being cheap. It was needless to go there...nobody on here is cheap if we're collecting these things in any capacity. Plus I'm back-collecting things I missed. All my SS stuff I bought this year, so I'm in no ways cheap. But I do have to pay my bills before I buy a statue.

Like I said before, I didn't order it at the very beginning because I didn't know what Sideshow was before this year. Comic shops in my area never sold SS (none of them!), and before 2011 I only had 3 full size statues of 3 of my most favorite characters. Never had the time or money to browse around the internet and really get into statue collecting. I'm 3 years out of college now, so I'm getting to a place where I can afford more and discover more as I pay debt.

But I have been very fortunate. I got some good SS pieces this year from great sellers, so like I said before you commented, I will settle for a Reg. Cyclops if need be, have my Blue Team and be happy with it. I'll agree with you, you definitely wanted the Exc. more than me if you're paying $100 more for something that just came out. I NEVER said this Exc. was a must, I said I would like it to actually display and not keep it in a box like so many others. It's okay for me to say what I'm thinking.

Are you even cosigning that second paragraph, which made no sense? Because that's exactly what I'm going to say...

So just order the Reg when it is in stock.

Economy is still bad. Dow stock dropped over 500 points. This hobby sure is luxury. Good thing I am not as addicted as some of u folks. But I sure like to get my hand on the Hulk vs Spidey dio Ex. X-Men vs Sentinel 1 Ex. too.

Back