Darkseid Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, but when we start getting to XM prices. I want that QC and those switch out parts. I understand prices going up. I would think it'd be in increments and not large chunks. $400 to $425-$30 I can get. But a $200 leap. And we're not getting anything more for that price hike. That's where you price out collectors. I think Darkseid should be right around $450.Especially if he's the same or and inch taller the all the other PFs. These prices hikes reflect the comics they're based on. 1st it was $.25 then $.50, then suddenly $1 or more. I stopped buying comics at $4. I can stop buying statues at $450. I think it sets a bad precedent to over charge $200 for Darkseid being a regular PF. What's to stop SS from charging $500 plus for Aquaman? Sure there'll be a switch out head. But the price to create doesn't match the price asked. Again, I expect prices to rise over time. But these prices are paying more for the same or less. There's no switch out hand with a motherbox, no mixed media, and the QC isn't something SS can even stand behind and say that's the reason for the price hike. That gets me to stop buying. We get charged more and we may or may not have to return or replace parts out the box. That's a large gamble to take.

This isn't the first $600 PF, I mean both Gladiator and King Hulk, Apocolypse, hell the Two droids were $700 and R2-D2 doesn't even count as half a PF. I think he's about $50 over priced, and should be about the same as the 3 hulk PFs but he's larger than the Regular DC PF's, height is only one measurement, you have to take into account it's a 3 dimensional piece.

This isn't the first $600 PF, I mean both Gladiator and King Hulk, Apocolypse, hell the Two droids were $700 and R2-D2 doesn't even count as half a PF. I think he's about $50 over priced, and should be about the same as the 3 hulk PFs but he's larger than the Regular DC PF's, height is only one measurement, you have to take into account it's a 3 dimensional piece.

I keep forgetting the two Hulks were PFs. I actually plan on getting King Hulk, and I never had a problem with the price. Such a beast of a piece, though. Big, heavy, and in-hand reviews are all gleaming. If this one is as big or bigger than Hulk, and seemingly as heavy and beastly, I may actually put him at the very top of my maybe pile. Just hope waiting for in-hand reviews won't result in missing out.

I keep forgetting the two Hulks were PFs. I actually plan on getting King Hulk, and I never had a problem with the price. Such a beast of a piece, though. Big, heavy, and in-hand reviews are all gleaming. If this one is as big or bigger than Hulk, and seemingly as heavy and beastly, I may actually put him at the very top of my maybe pile. Just hope waiting for in-hand reviews won't result in missing out.

It's going to depend. Do you care about the Exclusive? If not, the Regular should be around long enough for you to wait until shipment. If you like the exclusive, you can wait, but I wouldn't wait too long.

It's going to depend. Do you care about the Exclusive? If not, the Regular should be around long enough for you to wait until shipment. If you like the exclusive, you can wait, but I wouldn't wait too long.

Anything yet known about EX vs REG? If not, full reveal is tomorrow, yes?

Yep. The base looks like it's comparable to Catwoman's in terms of circumference. That was a massive base for such a thin character. Darkseid looks thick. It's going to look massive, despite it being a touch short.

I also feel like this will (whether confirmed tomorrow or not) will have light up eyes. They could still change the prototype and add light up features.

I also feel like this will (whether confirmed tomorrow or not) will have light up eyes. They could still change the prototype and add light up features.

That is very wishful thinking. Especially after Sideshow pulled the light-up base feature from Sinestro even though the early pre-order description included it. I wouldn't bet on them adding anything to this.

This has been done before. I remember when the Thanos and Mistress Death dio went up for order, no light up features were available on it. Well after the PO, SSC announced that the Infinity Gauntlet will have a light up feature on both the EX and REG versions so it can happen. It doesn't happen often though. It shouldn't be too difficult to add the light up feature. A friend of mine has the Man-Thing COM and it looks wickedly cool with the red eyes lit up. Hopefully, SSC will come through and give us a light up feature on Darkseid. Either way though, I'm picking up this PF.

I think it would be nice, especially with the Angry head.

Yeah, light up eyes would look great.

apoc was $600, not sure why folks would expect this to be any less?

I am in for him, although that lava base has me nervous. Hopefully they do a better job than previous releases...

Isn't apoc a more complex statue?

I do agree about the lava base - paint apps will be hard to get right.

the lava base is the easiest to paint. its basically a messy paint application. its the thin, narrow, long line of paint that is hard to keep up. good example of bad paint job would be spiderman comiquette or apocalypse pf.

Light up eyes are a no-brainer on this to me--but I thought the same thing on the Superman PF EX and they did squigglies instead.

Does anyone really know that could fill me in as to why we're getting price increases recently?

Well the increase to $400 was what I thought coincided with the larger DC Characters coming out in 2012, but since then almost every PF has increased from the $350 mark that was 2009-2011 at least $30 but recently, in the last year We've started seeing PF's reach over that $400 mark, Thor at $440, the new Batman at $430, Vader at $500, The CR Superman at $425. However, for larger Characters they have charged more for quite some time. $650 for the Hulk Maquette, $600 for Gladiator Hulk, $600 for King Hulk, $580 for Lobo, $600 for Apocalypse and so on.

Since Darkseid is a larger character, grith wise and over all figure size, not necessarily in over all height on his base and his somewhat leaning back pose, I imagined him at over $500 easily and closer to the price of Lobo, but it seems $600 for a large and fairly popular character was the way SSC decided to go. Darkseid's price isn't really outside the norm, the new Batman PF is, but that might be the next round of increases we see.

Well the increase to $400 was what I thought coincided with the larger DC Characters coming out in 2012, but since then almost every PF has increased from the $350 mark that was 2009-2011 at least $30 but recently, in the last year We've started seeing PF's reach over that $400 mark, Thor at $440, the new Batman at $430, Vader at $500, The CR Superman at $425. However, for larger Characters they have charged more for quite some time. $650 for the Hulk Maquette, $600 for Gladiator Hulk, $600 for King Hulk, $580 for Lobo, $600 for Apocalypse and so on.

Since Darkseid is a larger character, grith wise and over all figure size, not necessarily in over all height on his base and his somewhat leaning back pose, I imagined him at over $500 easily and closer to the price of Lobo, but it seems $600 for a large and fairly popular character was the way SSC decided to go. Darkseid's price isn't really outside the norm, the new Batman PF is, but that might be the next round of increases we see.

Wow. Thanks for the run down. It's very interesting to read the progression. I would kind of understand if the price increases with lower runs, but for the runs that do 2000 - 5000+ I would have thought it would be cheaper. I'm not comfortable paying more than what I already have for my Batman PF, Superman PF, Green Lantern PF and now my Wonder Woman PF. If they keep going up I don't think I can keep it up for multiple preorders, maybe if it's only the one or stretching at 2 at a time. I'm not loaded with cash by any means but I do what I can. I'm hoping just to hold out and finish the Big 7 set and I'll be happy. Darkseid would be a fantastic addition but I will count on hopefully winning the competition to get him haha

Back