Darkseid Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$600 for a hollow statue would be a total rip-off. I don't sense Darkseid will have any part hollow.

Gladiator/King Hulk and the new Hulks PFs are hollow. No real relation between price and quantity of material with Sideshow.

Don't be so sure. Apocalypse is hollow as can be. Hell, even his head was hollow. The Hulk MAQ and Rhino COM...also 1/4 pieces that are hollow. Solid casts are a thing of the past with SSC. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Darkseid turns out to be an eggshell piece...even at $600 a pop.

I wouldn't be so sure, I do understand parts of a statue being hollow, weight distribution, shipping and balance, but I can see them doing what they did with Batman and Superman, leg up hollow but the support leg solid. Or they could go the Hulk Route like the new PF's where only certain areas are solid. We'll have to wait and see.

The only thing I can't abide is what they did with the two movie Supermen, I don't care what people say about PVC it has it's flaws just as polystone does and the PVC they're using doesn't seem to hold any more detail in sculpt or paint than it's polystone counterpart. As a matter of fact the paint apps on the Comic Supes turned out better than either of the Movie versions. So if I get a PVC statue, back it goes.

I would go for a Premium line but I doubt SS would do it, people who would by the regular ones would QQ that theirs doesn't look as good as the premium versions even though they would know that they cost more...

Darkseid looks pretty cool but you know he will be hollow and his base is pretty basic, other then maybe a extra COH for the EX I doubt they will offer any other switch outs.... Overall it's a pretty simple looking statue.... I think $600 is probably a little high considering the QC you get with it, but Unforntantly I don't have another option so I'll probably buy him...

If XM ever got the DC license my SS DC Collection would quickly go up on Ebay... Even though SS Superman PF looks good I would much prefer a fully sculpted one over the Pajama Version..

I am a HUGE fully sculpted fan. I hated cloth on statues and passed on many a PF because of cheezy looking cloth PJs. That said, Supes came out FANTASTIC. I'm even a big fan of the Bats PF (armpit gate and all). Those 2 pieces changed the way I look at mixed media. I'm now open to picking up statues with cloth so long as it looks as good as those 2 pieces. That said, I'll ALWAYS be a fully sculpted fan first and foremost. However, even if XM did receive the DC license, I can't see them topping SSC's Supes or Bats. I'm sure they'll look great, but I'm more than happy sticking with SSC's version of those characters. I have the Trinity set up in my display room and they look majestic together. I tip my cap to SSC. They did a phenomenal job on those sculpts.

I wouldn't be so sure, I do understand parts of a statue being hollow, weight distribution, shipping and balance, but I can see them doing what they did with Batman and Superman, leg up hollow but the support leg solid. Or they could go the Hulk Route like the new PF's where only certain areas are solid. We'll have to wait and see.

The only thing I can't abide is what they did with the two movie Supermen, I don't care what people say about PVC it has it's flaws just as polystone does and the PVC they're using doesn't seem to hold any more detail in sculpt or paint than it's polystone counterpart. As a matter of fact the paint apps on the Comic Supes turned out better than either of the Movie versions. So if I get a PVC statue, back it goes.

Josh, I totally have an open mind when it comes to Darkseid. Hell, I'm POing him today. I'm trully hoping for the best but I'm prepared for this to weigh 20 lbs and be an eggshell piece. I hope I'm wrong. I know their are a lot of peeps that defend eggshell pieces and say they don't care about solid statues. I'm old school. I LOVE the feel of a solid cast. It just feels like quality. This is especially difficult to explain to newer collectors that don't own older SSC pieces or have any XM statues. I was lucky with my EX Apoc PF. He turned out great despite all the QC issues surrounding that PF. I love the look and design of the piece. However, I can't get it out of my mind how light he is. To me, he'll always feel cheap. Especially for a $600 statue. I'm hoping I don't feel that way about Darkseid when I finally get him.

Josh, I totally have an open mind when it comes to Darkseid. Hell, I'm POing him today. I'm trully hoping for the best but I'm prepared for this to weigh 20 lbs and be an eggshell piece. I hope I'm wrong. I know their are a lot of peeps that defend eggshell pieces and say they don't care about solid statues. I'm old school. I LOVE the feel of a solid cast. It just feels like quality. This is especially difficult to explain to newer collectors that don't own older SSC pieces or have any XM statues. I was lucky with my EX Apoc PF. He turned out great despite all the QC issues surrounding that PF. I love the look and design of the piece. However, I can't get it out of my mind how light he is. To me, he'll always feel cheap. Especially for a $600 statue. I'm hoping I don't feel that way about Darkseid when I finally get him.

I know Filip, there is something about having some weight to the piece, just for your sake I hope he's as heavy as Batman, which is like lifting a small child.

300284_press10-900x600.jpg

I will most likely be using my points to help compensate the price tag on him. Im glad they are releasing a villain finally to go with my JL collection

I think I'm going to use a couple hundred dollars in reward points to bring him down to $400. I've got to have him and the points will take a big bite out of the high price tag.

I know Filip, there is something about having some weight to the piece, just for your sake I hope he's as heavy as Batman, which is like lifting a small child.

Yeah, Bats definitely has some good heft to him. I'm even OK with something like the Hulk COM. He came in at about 35 lbs and seems to be a healthy mix of hollow and solid casting. Either way, Darkseid will be mine. I really like the sculpt and design of the piece. The pose is a great tip of the hat to Kirby and yet the PF still has a modern artistic feel to it. The best of both worlds as far as I'm concerned.

I'd love the EX HS a lot more if it lit up or had Omega Beams coming out of the eyes. I like angry head sculpts anyway so I'm getting it.

displaying which head kinna depends on the owner's view; or at least one way of picking which head to display. like u want him to give command? then the reg head. if u want him to battle, then the Ex.

26 Inches High... That's OK.

26" H (660.4mm) x 14" W (355.6mm) x 20" L (508mm)* That's wide... Nice. One inch wider than the Catwoman Premium Format, and that's a wide base.

Product Weight: 20 pounds. That's.... Not so good. Batman weighs 30 lbs. There's some hollowness going on.

I'll pre-order once the Sideshow Freaks Affiliate Link is available.

Back