Darth Maul Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While this maul looks insane...like 10x better than their first maul that to me doesn't have any resemblance to ray park at all, i wouldn't be all over this just yet. Like people jumping up and down their trampoline over the SS spidey, which i have by the way so in ways i was also jumping up and down on my trampoline, here comes IS and their spidey i think whoop SS spideys behind. I will wait until what IS has to offer let alone XM is also showcasing their maul this sept during STGCC. I hope these companies has more to offer like accurate likeness, hooded portrait is also important too, light up feature and a killer base.
It'll be awhile for IS to do a Maul
Next competitor for the SS is the XM, and the reveal is just around the corner
My only worry is since XM face sculpt has been all comics, I hope they could pull off a real life face sculpt.

I'm worried they will make Maul as a "comic" variant statue in both sculpt and pose rather than movie likeness
Look at Boba, though I think it's still a wonderful dynamic pose, don't think an exagerated pose would work with Maul IMO

Sent from my SM-G925F

It'll be awhile for IS to do a Maul
Next competitor for the SS is the XM, and the reveal is just around the corner
My only worry is since XM face sculpt has been all comics, I hope they could pull off a real life face sculpt.

I'm worried they will make Maul as a "comic" variant statue in both sculpt and pose rather than movie likeness
Look at Boba, though I think it's still a wonderful dynamic pose, don't think an exagerated pose would work with Maul IMO

Sent from my SM-G925F
If the dynamic pose is good, sculpt and paint are spot on, and price is competitive, I'll be all over the XM offering.
I like this one from SS but there's no way I'm going to preorder. I learned a long time ago, it's best to wait and see in-hand pics first... and if it sells out before then and turns out to be a winner, I'm OK with that as well. I just don't want to end up with a poorly painted piece nor do I like dealing with the hassle of returning collectibles.

It's going to be years before an IS Maul right? I mean has it even been announced? I'm not waiting that long for my next Maul statue, not with this amazing PF being released next year.

Really curious to see what XM comes up with, and tbh a less realistic Maul wouldn't bother me too much if I already own such a realistic PF, I was a HUGE fan of the Maul-centric comic book.

Only issue of course is the price. We complain about the price tag on this one but the XM statue will most likely be twice as expensive with shipping/taxes unfortunately.

It's going to be years before an IS Maul right? I mean has it even been announced? I'm not waiting that long for my next Maul statue, not with this amazing PF being released next year.

Really curious to see what XM comes up with, and tbh a less realistic Maul wouldn't bother me too much if I already own such a realistic PF, I was a HUGE fan of the Maul-centric comic book.

Only issue of course is the price. We complain about the price tag on this one but the XM statue will most likely be twice as expensive with shipping/taxes unfortunately.
IS so far has only teased a black robed character.
Since IS is selling base on the current hype, i.e Marvel with their Civil war line up, it isnt too far of a stretch they would be going with an Episode 7 lineup first before going to the classics or prequels
This is ofcourse my guess, but most likely Maul would be years down the line

So far the face SS sculpt and pose is just perfect IMO. It is episode 1 Maul personified.

But I'm sure many would be put off by the price of the XM with shipping included, seeing as many here is already satisfied with this SS PF

Fortunately for me and those who live in SEA the price between SS and xm isnt too much of a factor since the recent hike in SS SW pricing.
XM has to really be onpoint with their concept art and sculpt to compete with, to me, this near perfect PF

Sent from my SM-G925F

while Im sure XM Maul will be nice and very dynamic... the SSC is the kind of Maul I always wanted... calm.. just kind of walking towards you... its just the perfect maul pose and look for me so I dont care what mauls are coming out.. this is my mauli boy !

while Im sure XM Maul will be nice and very dynamic... the SSC is the kind of Maul I always wanted... calm.. just kind of walking towards you... its just the perfect maul pose and look for me so I dont care what mauls are coming out.. this is my mauli boy !

Agreed, and the fact that anything XM or Is is usually about double the price just stops me right away.
Now all we need is a light-up announcement.

edit: and your cape :p

Confirmed custom Robe and binoculars? 😆

Sent from my SM-G925F

Confirmed custom Robe and binoculars? ��

Sent from my SM-G925F

Double Yes.. while I have to wait for the Maul to come in first to make a proper new movie like Robe... the binoculars for the Sandtrooper are getting painted right now and I will have some pictures after the weekend ! :)

So Maul and Kylo Ren wont have light up sabers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

quote from Sideshow:

It was just confirmed a few days ago that the (Darth Maul )saber will light up for this piece and so the sell page was updated. New photos will be put up before the item begins shipping (if not sooner).

Kylo is still a no atm

I said it would light up. I just new it would from seeing this in person at con.

No surprises there. Their last Maul PF lit up. For them to have this newer release not light up will give them even more negative buzz. They have enough of that as it is with their new pricing scheme.

I would be surprised if Kylo doesn't light up considering both Maul and Vader do - also am excited about the new Rey and Bb8 premium format announced hope he lights up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So considering I'm pretty much out of the collecting game with only Red Sonja (paid in full with rewards points) and Cleopsis on pre-order, and Vader being delivered as we speak, I decided that Maul would make a nice completion to my Star Wars PF display, as I already have the latest Boba Fett PF for my SW trio. Ordered using the 5% off code. :rock

I know I'm breaking my OT only rules, but as Khev said, this is the one piece to break that rule on. I will never need another PT piece ever again.

With Brown Wolverine and the Spider-Man PF Ex's also being shipped this month to me, I really don't have much left that I want to 100% order outside of the Predator Maquette, which is the be all end all statue piece for me.

Darth Maul, perfectly executed as he is, will be the icing on a nice collecting career for me. The Predator will be my swansong. :wave

So considering I'm pretty much out of the collecting game with only Red Sonja (paid in full with rewards points) and Cleopsis on pre-order, and Vader being delivered as we speak, I decided that Maul would make a nice completion to my Star Wars PF display, as I already have the latest Boba Fett PF for my SW trio. Ordered using the 5% off code. :rock

I know I'm breaking my OT only rules, but as Khev said, this is the one piece to break that rule on. I will never need another PT piece ever again.

With Brown Wolverine and the Spider-Man PF Ex's also being shipped this month to me, I really don't have much left that I want to 100% order outside of the Predator Maquette, which is the be all end all statue piece for me.

Darth Maul, perfectly executed as he is, will be the icing on a nice collecting career for me. The Predator will be my swansong. :wave

At last count, my collecting career has had 37 cakes with icing and 34 swan songs. I'm still singing and collecting, God help me :)

This will be my next po. I got the 5% off pop up but I couldn't use it, eventhough i never used one before only a 10% off. I guess the 10% and 5% are considered the same promotion. When I receive rey and bb8 on tuesday I'll use that code to order this bad boy. I am not a fan of the prequels, but maul was one of the bright spots & his reintroduction into rebels means that he has a larger role to play in the new canon and events leading up to force awakens

Last edited:
Back