Darth Vader life-size Bust--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't tell the diff between the two helmets, nor I care.... Just convert and there are too many acronyms in the SW saga.

I would never sell the Anakin head... it is way too cool.

Also, personally I'd think the value would be greater than $250. In terms of devaluing the piece, I certainly wouldn't pay $1000 for a Vader bust w/o the head.

Well, if he could get $250 for the head, and maybe another $250 for the stand....$750 is not a bad price to have just the Vader bust, sans Anakin. I can see a lot of people buying this just to display the helmeted Vader and $750 would be a steal.

Last edited:
Well, if he could get $250 for the head, and maybe another $250 for the stand....$750 is not a bad price to have just the Vader bust, sans Anakin. I can see a lot of people buying this just to display the helmeted Vader and $750 would be a steal.

I'm getting the regular, so no stand. And I wouldn't pay $250 for a stand doesn't matter what kind of stand it is. For those interested I'm sure there will be people making custom stands, since Sideshow went stupid this time with the EX, so SS shouldn't be too amazed if one day there will be recasts of their stands on ebay. But since I'm going to display my Vader with helmet on, I'm thinking I might pass on any kind of stand unless very good and not expensive. I don't intend to sell the bust unless eFX make a real OT Vader helmet. If that happens soon I might cancel my order of the SS bust but unfortunately eFX is moving too slow.

When I get this piece, the Anakin portrait will be sold immediately.

I'd be happy to get around $200 for it, but I have no price in mind. I'll just chuck it on the bay & see how it goes:lol

That might be a problem for me if trying to sell the bust outside my country, the customs officer will look really funny: "You are going to send a head by mail?" :D

It would be a difficult stand to recast... I'm sure it will happen, but its quite large and sturdy. I'd be leary of buying a recast one as you'd be one sad mofo if the thing collapsed with your facemask and helmet on it :lol

It would be a difficult stand to recast... I'm sure it will happen, but its quite large and sturdy. I'd be leary of buying a recast one as you'd be one sad mofo if the thing collapsed with your facemask and helmet on it :lol

There are professional guys that make customs that are better than licensed props. I know a few myself and you can meet some on RPF. When a guy like that does something (if you can get him started - that is the hard part) they could make a stand (or anything else) better than a licensed product. And I wouldn't be "one sad mofo" since I don't intend to display the Shaw head, instead I want to get rid of it.

I'm speaking in general (not about anyone in particular) when it comes to "recasting" or making a custom stand. So no offense intended.

I was referring more to trusting something one might find on eBay when you aren't familiar with the person's work. I really did not expect the stand to be as sturdy and heavy as it is.

I understand, no problem. As for the Vader stand, I think it is made of polystone, resin or something similar. If I'd ever buy a stand it would have to me made of solid aluminum. For example Russ Replicas Terminator CPU chip and flask and Terminator 2 claw were all made of metal (aluminum and brass) and on the other hand the licensed Icons Terminator prop replicas were made of resin and polystone.

And when talking about sturdiness then I think solid aluminum is more durable than any type of resin or polystone. I could use my Terminator 2 Claw as a throwing weapon anytime, and not fearing of damaging it - in fact I dropped it twice on the wooden floor and the floor suffered the consequences :D

24-toilet-plunger-l.jpg

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/1K7fL5s_1ac&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/1K7fL5s_1ac&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Back