DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Man, what the hell is going on? None of these look as nice as the prototypes. Catwoman looks like she has Down syndrome.

Seems like the best thing about this line so far is the accessories. That Isis is really cool and reminiscent of the kenner figure.

Edit: I love the red and black Logo, improves the card a bit.

Saw them today in person, there were two in the eight or so that had properly painted eyes. I'll take back what I said above because those two look way better than those. I bought one of the good ones to keep MOC, I'll take a pic when I get home. I was going to get one to open, but after being burned last week with Batman, I'm not risking it again. Just used the cash from the returned Batman for Catwoman. I think the problem with the eyes on the ones above is the machine painting these are off a tad, sort of like the first batch of Black Series Han Solo with wonky eyes. The Catwoman I bought looks great, going to leave it carded. The red moon really pops, gonna put it alongside my Kenner BTAS items.

I won't be going back to look for future figures until Robin, Joker and Man-Bat in the spring (or whenever they hit).

Very, very cool man. Do you think these will sell out quickly? I'll probably check the local B&N but not until next week or the week after. Black Friday Madness no es bueno.

I think just comic stores are getting these in now. The mass release isn't until January.

Was really hoping Freeze/ Two-Face were coming next week... but they aren't on our shipping list. :( Guess the earliest we can expect those is 12/10

Sallah

I'm sorely disappointed in what's been shown as the final product relating to the 1st series. What bothers me the most about these figures isn't the terrible quality of the joints or the noticable articulation holes in the legs. It's the fact that none of these figures are painted; instead cast in color plastic. I don't understand why figure companies don't realize when a sculpt is cast in colored plastic, a lot of the sculpt detail is lost. Even on fairly simple sculpts like the animated series figures, it has a noticable effect. If you compare the painted prototypes side-by-side to the final product, you will see a clear loss of detail causing the sculpt to appear "soft" without many of the details the sculptor subtley included in the original model.

If the remainder of the animated series look like this, I'm not sure I can even purchase these figures. Personally, this is nothing more than the old "bait and switch" technique. A full painted sculpt is shown during prototype stages to promote pre-sales than a very "toy-like" production figure is sold. NECA all but ruined their Rambo and Rocky lines casting their figures in colored plastic rather than painting them. Now, DCC has opted to use the same method and, personally speaking, ruined the integrity of the original sculpt.

It's very unfortunate because I'm a HUGE fan of the original animated series, so to not get these figures looking as great as the original painted prototypes, really upsets me to the point where I may not even support this line.

DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Phar, haven't picked up catwoman yet, but Batman IS completely painted. All except for the skin on his face....which was just like the proto. Also painting softens details of a sculpt (if caked on) rather than sharpens. So I find your post confusing. Even with its faults, it's a fun piece to have in hand and out of the package,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just hope the paint apps are good when I get mine from BBTS- I'm a MOC kinda guy with these types of collectibles.

Some pics I found on FB

10408161_10152421990146646_3231077682504045987_n.jpg
10422089_10152421990096646_6891639722242904575_n.jpg
10374511_10152421990186646_135260792372372666_n.jpg
10431380_10152421990191646_3910478879649984651_o.jpg
10712728_10152421990121646_5069737566075899594_n.jpg
10801639_10152421990091646_4305664884390435252_n.jpg
10806320_10152421990161646_8139850492698292443_n.jpg

Thanks for the pics, man. I don't know if her ankles will be stronger than Batman's. Not like I would open them anyway, just wondering.

Thanks for the pics, man. I don't know if her ankles will be stronger than Batman's. Not like I would open them anyway, just wondering.

Her ankles are actually constructed quite differently than Batman's (as is her stand clip). I think they might end up being stronger due to the way they are all held together.

Sallah

Her ankles are actually constructed quite differently than Batman's (as is her stand clip). I think they might end up being stronger due to the way they are all held together.

Sallah

Thanks, man. Does Batman being top-heavy have anything to do with it as well?

Thanks, man. Does Batman being top-heavy have anything to do with it as well?

I don't think so... I think it is just they plastic they used and the way his ankle is put together that are causing the QC problems. Plus maybe paint drying in the joint.

Sallah

Man- I want that Freeze like right now! Wonder how they got him and Harvey already...

Sallah

Pretty great review, be aware that there's some profanity though. :lol

Well, just got Catwoman. Both elbows broke within minutes. I loved it otherwise. My LCS has another being held for me, but I think I'm done with this line now.

Back