DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

To help with the dust issue : because most figures, statues etc have nooks & crannies or whatever I use a soft bristle paint brush 2 inches wide and gently brush and then maybe wipe 'em down with a soft dry cloth.

I've got a quick question for those of you with the Two-Face figure:

I've been holding off buying Two-Face because 1) the first wave was infamous for breakage issues and 2) those darn peg holes in the hips. While Kevin Kiniry did imply in a recent podcast that DCC was still planning on reissuing Two-Face and Freeze, I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on Harvey.

To be honest, I can look past the peg holes on Freeze because they tend to blend in with the suit and, given its mechanical nature, they look like they belong there. Besides, if they reissue Freeze, I can always buy the upgrade and display old spider-Freeze separately.

Harvey's a different animal. I'm not fond of the peg holes on that figure but I keep finding this figure for around $15 or less. It's pretty tempting. I'm generally patient to a fault so I don't want this to be one of those times when DCC says, "We've decided not to update Two-Face" and suddenly that first wave is going for five times the price!

The deal-breaker (ha) would be breakage. Was Two-Face one of the figures that broke often or was the only issue with him those peg holes?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom!

Bats and Selina were the two I think had the breakage issues. My Batman is still fine (though I also have the reissue) while Catwoman's elbow did break.

My Freeze and Two Face are - touch wood - fine. Honestly if you can find then at a good price I'd get them. Just as insurance. I'd rather have 2 than none put it that way. Oh also, i find the black leg joint is almost impossible to see. The white one is is the only obvious one. I remember being concerned it was going to be a feature of the whole series and had decided against collecting them until wave 2 showed up without. I can live with the two we have.

Picked up my Clayface, Batwing and Ventriloquist today... Phantasm next week and then I wait until BTAS Two-Face/Ivy/Freeze/Scarecrow/Croc/GreyGhost/Batcycle eventually come out <3
this stupid line, I was done with 1:12 :mad:
loving these though.

I've got a quick question for those of you with the Two-Face figure:

I've been holding off buying Two-Face because 1) the first wave was infamous for breakage issues and 2) those darn peg holes in the hips. While Kevin Kiniry did imply in a recent podcast that DCC was still planning on reissuing Two-Face and Freeze, I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on Harvey.

To be honest, I can look past the peg holes on Freeze because they tend to blend in with the suit and, given its mechanical nature, they look like they belong there. Besides, if they reissue Freeze, I can always buy the upgrade and display old spider-Freeze separately.

Harvey's a different animal. I'm not fond of the peg holes on that figure but I keep finding this figure for around $15 or less. It's pretty tempting. I'm generally patient to a fault so I don't want this to be one of those times when DCC says, "We've decided not to update Two-Face" and suddenly that first wave is going for five times the price!

The deal-breaker (ha) would be breakage. Was Two-Face one of the figures that broke often or was the only issue with him those peg holes?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom!

They blobbed the paint on thick on that figure. Fusing a lot of the peg holes on the white side of the suit. Also his ankles are pretty brittle and will not hold up to much posing.

having said that I would get them, infact I did. Just have to live with the fact that both are not much action, just vanilla figures.

I agree; I'd rather have two than none. I'll keep an eye out for that paint and those ankles, too. Thanks for the heads up, folks. ;)

Montoya alone against 4 villians? not fair! D:
but I like how they look on that image. if only the final figures look as great

DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Hole lee sheet

The end of the line must be close. Too many heavy hitters to come out all at once.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

fb945afa197929a52c5fc063e6c058d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW that is one AWESOME set!! :O Just need a closer look at the figures now, but what a fantastic selection!!

I AM SCREAMING

CRYING

I started screaming around the house, saying to my parents "THEY ANNOUNCED FREEZE, BANE AND POISON IVY!! MOOOOM, THEY ANNOUNCED IVY!!!!!!!!!"

Ps.: my mom is a huge fan of Ivy's

I know I will never have a room to display all of my Batman collection, so where else can I list action figures, statues etc. My friends tell me Ebay is too expensive due to high fees ( ebay & paypal percentages ) I'm not looking to cash in, but I'm also not looking to take a bath. I would be happy to break about even. So how does everyone thin out their collections? Please point me in a direction.

They all look to accurate, I just can't.

Ps.: don't mind these shade of the colors, y'all know how their protoype colors are.

Question: what is that box? They will only be available in that set? Not on their own?

I mean... I don't need Montoya... But if they are only available in the set, I wouldn't mind getting her.

It's a nice way of finishing off some of the designs from BTAS but I'm not sure if a cardboard jail is worth the extra cash, even if it lights up. I do like the concept. Hopefully we'll see something a bit closer to final at Toy Fair next month. At $175 there'd better be oodles of accessories!

Now give me a GCPD rooftop for my batsignal.

Wow this is amazing! I'm so glad we are getting all of those characters but what is wrong with Ivy! :( She looks completely wrong. Let's start by saying that she looks too young and small and the hair sculpt is soooo off! Another thing are the colors this is not cartoon accurate but comic accurate :( As a huge Ivy fan this is very disappointing for me... the rest look amazing though!

Crist... Freeze looks just so freaking perfect and accurate.

Where is DiFabio? He'll loose it. :lol Freeze is his favorite on the show, if I remember correctly.

Back