DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

They made some pretty quick changes to Batgirl. Not that we've seen a production sample yet but it's not like our concerns are being utterly ignored.

Yes.
Just waiting here for the backlash to begin once they post Ivy's photo on their facebook page. :duff
Already writing my e-mail.

Freeze's articulation was my biggest concern and I'm so relieved they nailed every aspect of him. I believe he'll be the most perfect release so far. Period.
I was talking to someone here, pages back, about how they would handle his armor aesthetic, as far as articulation goes.
And we guessed it right.

I drew arrows to show you where the POAs are:

View attachment 316393

They have nailed it in terms of hidding the articulation that is true. The issue of the articulation being useless due to his costume design we will have to wait and see as there looks to be little room for movement in those arms unless the purple rings are hollowed out and have large gaps around the arms. I dont see how he can move much unless the arms have also some Bandai style sliding back and forth motion from the sockets to give better movement.

He is one of the best looking in the set though.

Oh, but I do bother them. And a lot. I've e-mailed them since wave 2. And I even use fake e-mails so they don't think is the same person. :lol

I bothered them about First BTAS Batman's headsculpt, the Batmobile's terrible paint apps/finish, Talia's colors, Bullock's pistol and Batgirl's hair.

And the results:
They gave us the second (and better) Batman headsculpt with the MOTP set;
They improved Batmobile's paint apps in the Deluxe release;
They darkened Talia's colors. And a lot;
They gave Bullock his pistol (the prototype doesn't have);

Now waiting for Batgirl's final product.

Son, we just have to unit. Let's bash Ivy (in a polite way).

They made some pretty quick changes to Batgirl. Not that we've seen a production sample yet but it's not like our concerns are being utterly ignored.

I dont think I ever saw the changes to Batgirl, but if I have I dont think it was much to notice.

My apologies if I come off cranky but I'm just so tired of DCC not getting it right the first time. You shouldnt have to e-mail them anything at this point, and I'm sorry that you have to take the time to do so when it comes to such glaringly obvious differences between sculpt and design. Either the sculptor they've used needs to be removed or the director in charge needs to be reassigned somewhere else. There simplisitc, 20 something year old designs and DCC specifically is in the perfect position to receive any and all reference material that they would need.

what are you going to ask?

To fix her bang and colors.

I'll send them key stills from the show and your custom.

She doesn't look bad with that bang (looks cute, actually) but it's not show accurate, so that bothers me.

But the colors are far too off. Jesus, take the wheel.

To fix her bang and colors.

I'll send them key stills from the show and your custom.

She doesn't look bad with that bang (looks cute, actually) but it's not show accurate, so that bothers me.

But the colors are far too off. Jesus, take the wheel.

Let us know if you get any reply :)

Let us know if you get any reply :)

Defenitely.

And I encourage each of you all to e-mail them. The more e-mails, the more pressure on them.

My apologies if I come off cranky but I'm just so tired of DCC not getting it right the first time. You shouldnt have to e-mail them anything at this point, and I'm sorry that you have to take the time to do so when it comes to such glaringly obvious differences between sculpt and design. Either the sculptor they've used needs to be removed or the director in charge needs to be reassigned somewhere else. There simplisitc, 20 something year old designs and DCC specifically is in the perfect position to receive any and all reference material that they would need.

No need to apology.
That's so true. I am tired, too. It's what S. Griffin said once, some of these figures get approved too easily and early.
I mean... how come no one noticed how off Ivy's colors are on that prototype???
Not even talking about the bang, because that's one thing that can be overlooked by non-fans, but the COLORS do draw attention because it's OFF by miiiiiles.
I said it once and I repeat: they should ask Paul Dini or Bruce Timm or anyone who worked on the show to be creative consultants for this line. Or even recruit a diehard fan.

I dont think I ever saw the changes to Batgirl, but if I have I dont think it was much to notice.

Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 10.10.56 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 10.11.13 AM.jpg

When will be released Mister Freeze BTAS? In this pic he is fantastic!!!

Yikes, that Croc looks terrible. Hopefully the final thing looks better, like Clayface did.

Are they going to be released individually?

LMAO

I'm preparing my e-mail to DCC here and, seriously:

PoisonIvy.jpg

Who approved the colors for the prototype???????? If anything, he/she is daltonian.

And may I say this? The figure's bang is better than the one on the show. :lol
I'm asking they to fix it, of course, to be more show-accurate. But it is better, no kidding.

I'd love to see this proto with the right colors. Anyone?

This 5 figures package will be mine ! But I'd like to have in the future a Btas Two Face/Harvey Dent pack,Rupert Thorne,King Clock, The mayor and Baby Doll !!! :impaziente:

Still no ankle pivot :huh

maybe WGD can mention that on his email as well :D I don't mind this for most figures but female figures suffer a lot without it. Posing look so much better with ankle pivot like Selina have!

Really hoping Montoya is exclusive cause I only want Freeze and Bane so they better release them individually!

LMAO

I'm preparing my e-mail to DCC here and, seriously:

View attachment 316425

Who approved the colors for the prototype???????? If anything, he/she is daltonian.

And may I say this? The figure's bang is better than the one on the show. :lol
I'm asking they to fix it, of course, to be more show-accurate. But it is better, no kidding.

I'd love to see this proto with the right colors. Anyone?

I think those colors are based on the comic books rather than TV show

That is amazing and beautiful and awesome and I love it and it is also ****ing terrifying because I feel like it signifies the beginning of the end for this line, which means Justice League, which means "fuuuuuuuuuuuuu...."

MONTOYA!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

That Croc though... awful! That hinged torso is the ugliest articulation ever!

Back