DCD Batman:Arkham Asylum Black & White Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually think this piece looks great and Batman looks very hunky, I ordered it!

Not much of a consolation, but to get a full-colored version of this one, you could just paint the belt and Batman's lower face. That's all it would take.

Yeah, maybe. But there was also a slight blueish tint to his costume in the game:

batman-arkham-asylum.jpg

batman-arkham-asylum.jpg

batman-arkham-asylum.jpg

I just don't understand why we finally get a collectible from the game... and it's just black & white. :banghead

Not much of a consolation, but to get a full-colored version of this one, you could just paint the belt and Batman's lower face. That's all it would take.

That's exactly what I'll be doing to mine when I get it. Bit of flesh color for the face and gold for the belt is all it needs....I think the reason it looks blue is because black looks blue when it's highlighted.

Just preordered from BBTS for $70. I've always liked the concept of the Batman B&W, but never found one that I considered definitive enough to get. Some comic artists don't translate well into the 3rd dimension. Mazzucchelli and Miller were the closest two prior to this. Mignola's is ridiculous looking.

But -- this is the one. Looking forward to it.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
I hope Michael over at MWC does a review on this. He usually does reviews of the B&W line and does a great job of pointing out shortcomings in each one. This will be the first Batman B&W I get.

Always liked the concept, but I've felt they were a bit too small for my liking. If they were 1/6 scale or larger I would have jumped aboard a long time ago. I would have been willing to pay more.

Just preordered from BBTS for $70. I've always liked the concept of the Batman B&W, but never found one that I considered definitive enough to get. Some comic artists don't translate well into the 3rd dimension. Mazzucchelli and Miller were the closest two prior to this. Mignola's is ridiculous looking.

But -- this is the one. Looking forward to it.

SnakeDoc

You're kidding, right? The Mignola one is by far one of the best.

You're kidding, right? The Mignola one is by far one of the best.

:lecture

Even though I don't really collect this line, the Mignola one is the only B&W I wish I can go back and buy.

I always liked how it looked so flat and 2D from some angles.
review_migbats_4.jpg

photo from MWCtoy.com

Would deffo look cool with a bit of colour on him, no doubt.

wvb9l4.jpg

A real shoddy photoshop effort there so excuse me!

I've painted a few batman statues before. That blu-ish look for the cape isn't that hard to obtain. Just really water down some blue paint, preferably metallic, and apply a few coats of that. It looks ace, you can still see the black but you get shiny blue highlights. For those of you who would want a painted version of him I think it would definitely work.

Sorry to talk about a coloured statue when this is a thread for a black and white one, but I thought it would be worth posting. Cheers

Back