DCD Batman:Arkham Asylum Black & White Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Were they released January? Because the weird thing is that I called entertainmentearth and they said their site is pretty accurate and they did not get their stock yet but if it was released in January, June is kind of late and thats what worries me.

Yeah, it is weird, and I don't get it either. :dunno

Anyone PO'd at entertainmentearth before?

Yep. I'm not worried. :)

I'm not trying to be Mr. Negativity here, but I saw this today at my LCS when picking up my batman figure and it didn't look as great as these pics make it out to be especially for the $80 price point and it's about the same size as the figure. I was contemplating getting it over all the figures in the series until I actually saw it in hand. Kudos to ya'll who are getting him/ have got him and are happy with it, but I'll just keep the figures.

I'm not trying to be Mr. Negativity here, but I saw this today at my LCS when picking up my batman figure and it didn't look as great as these pics make it out to be especially for the $80 price point and it's about the same size as the figure. I was contemplating getting it over all the figures in the series until I actually saw it in hand. Kudos to ya'll who are getting him/ have got him and are happy with it, but I'll just keep the figures.

I couldn't disagree more with this statement. Having it myself, it is my favorite Batman statue and I own quite a few! Opinions vary (in my best Roadhouse Swayze voice :yess: )

Do you own any of the B&W Batman statues G?

Do you own any of the B&W Batman statues G?

Nope but I've held them all in my hands before. My LCS always has their statues on display and they let me look at them in my hands if I want to. I just would personally rather spend the $80 on something bigger. I fancy sculptures/ statues but if I can get something nearly or equallythe same for cheaper why not. Like how Diamond started then stopped making their 18" SW figures. Some looked just as good as some of the PFs that SS has released. Maul looked just as good, Han had a much better sculpt an these were poseable and cheaper. But again that's just me.

Nope but I've held them all in my hands before.

Okay, so new question: Do you just dislike all of them, or do you think this one is particularly poor?

Cos' I think this looks pretty damn badass:

review_bbwarkham_large.jpg

DSCN0196.jpg

And I have no problem with what I'm getting in terms of size.

Okay, so new question: Do you just dislike all of them, or do you think this one is particularly poor?

Cos' I think this looks pretty damn badass:

review_bbwarkham_large.jpg

DSCN0196.jpg

And I have no problem with what I'm getting in terms of size.

no doubt it looks good, but I see not difference in the sculpting detail department that separates this statue (as better) from the the figure, besides the fact that the figure's left hand is open and the statue's is a closed fist, and the cape is slightly blowing in the wind. I have my figure in that exact pose and the only other difference I can point out is that the the cape covers the entire shoulders on the statue and not on the figure for articulation purposes.

and my issue (if you want to call it that) is not a disliking one nor do I think this statue is poor. I just don't honestly see a variable difference between the figure and that statue. The figure is only $20, I can have it in that pose or a different one (articulation is slightly better than what MWC says IMO) and it was $60 less. Having seen this in person, and held it in my hands, it's just something I wouldn't dish out $80 for.

I have no issues with the B&W line. I think they are fantastic statues, and most of them if not all of them (save this one) have such great poses that you can't get from their figure counterparts. but for this one specifically, I can put the figure in that very pose and they look pretty much identical except for the points I mentioned above along with the joints and different base.

but again, these are just my opinions or "review" of the statue. It's not what I thought it was going to be. I thought there was going to be a grand difference between the figure and that statue and in my opinion there wasn't hardly any difference at all. I thought the statue was going to be more detailed in terms of how the suit actually looks. Instead of a solid band going up the sides of the abs, there should be 3 lines. There also should be 2 lines running underneath the pecks making the curve shape, in which the figure has but seemed non existent on the statue. I also think that the lines running along the obliques should be heavier whereas on the statue, they can be vaguely seen. I also expected the batarang to be slightly more detailed. The pics looked great, but I didn't start noticing the finer details until I actually went and saw it for myself.

Like I said, I just expected more. For those of you that are happy with your purchase, I think that is great b/c that's all that really matters.

Last edited:
I agree that this isn't a particularly dynamic pose for the character, but I think the stoic look is ideal for this incarnation of Batman. It perfectly calls to mind the artwork on the cover of the game. I personally wound not have wanted any other pose.

As far as value is concerned, that's totally subjective. I think this thing looks classy all the way, and is worth the price.

I can't stand the coloring on the figure, and ultimately that made the decision to get the statue instead very easy. Plus, I'm getting away from buying small scale plastic. Harley I couldn't pass up on though. :)

I agree that value and price are subjective, but my main beef is detail. when the figure has more detail than a much more costly statue I just feel cheated. If price goes up, detail should too, but that's just my opinion.

Indeed it does look classy especially if you have other B&W statues it fits right in. Black and White fit perfectly with Batman's aesthetic and bring about a classic feel to all the pieces in the line.

Pose: it does flatter the game, an obvious choice and a great one at that no doubt. I have no beef with the pose :)

But, I'll drop it for now. I don't want to be someone that seems to constantly come in a thread and hate on something every one else values. Again, if the collector is happy with their purchase that's what really matters. I'm happier with my figure, others are happier with their statue. I'm not trying to say one is better. These were just reasons why I chose the figure over the statue. :peace

I agree that this isn't a particularly dynamic pose for the character, but I think the stoic look is ideal for this incarnation of Batman. It perfectly calls to mind the artwork on the cover of the game. I personally wound not have wanted any other pose.

I wouldn't mind one of him cracking his knuckles after he beat the crap out of a bunch of thugs. :love

I thought about getting this one ... but I got the DC Direct Arkham Batman yesterday, and I'm satisfied enough with it that I don't think I'm willing to spend the amount required for the B&W. They look to be about the same size.

SnakeDoc

Back