Decisions, decisions, decisions... PF or PC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem with a real gaming computer is they are outdated really fast. You build one, now and constantly updating the GPU to support the next game.

This all depends how hard core are you wanting to see water on your screen that seems like you can touch it, or are you ok with the water to look like fake pool of pixels.

Getting into Statues is a rabbit hole hard to get out of. You buy one and before you know you have 10 then 20.

The problem with a real gaming computer is they are outdated really fast. You build one, now and constantly updating the GPU to support the next game.

This all depends how hard core are you wanting to see water on your screen that seems like you can touch it, or are you ok with the water to look like fake pool of pixels.

Getting into Statues is a rabbit hole hard to get out of. You buy one and before you know you have 10 then 20.

I bought a NW Falcon which had a 680 GTX card which was high end at the time, the computer is 3 years old and it still plays every game I throw at it on max out graphics...

Now if you go with a mid range card then yeah you have to upgrade more often but if you get a high end card it will easily last you 4-5 years without any upgrades...

I bought a NW Falcon which had a 680 GTX card which was high end at the time, the computer is 3 years old and it still plays every game I throw at it on max out graphics...

Now if you go with a mid range card then yeah you have to upgrade more often but if you get a high end card it will easily last you 4-5 years without any upgrades...

Exactly, I am still on a '09 Alienware M17X and granted it has been showing it's age for newer games the past few years, but it had a damn good run and only started considering replacing it recently.

I was just saying the term "gaming PC" is subjective. You can build a pretty kick ass gaming PC for about 850US. Spend the majority of money on the GPU.

Right now the best bang for your buck is GTX 970. Around 320.00USD. The next step up is GTX980 not worth it IMO. 1000Watt Corsair PS 155USD, Case 100USD, Get a SkyLake Motherboard LGA1151 and Processor. 300USD

When you are not playing games use your kick ass GTX970 to mine for Bitcoins. :)

I was just saying the term "gaming PC" is subjective. You can build a pretty kick ass gaming PC for about 850US. Spend the majority of money on the GPU.

Right now the best bang for your buck is GTX 970. Around 320.00USD. The next step up is GTX980 not worth it IMO. 1000Watt Corsair PS 155USD, Case 100USD, Get a SkyLake Motherboard LGA1151 and Processor. 300USD

When you are not playing games use your kick ass GTX970 to mine for Bitcoins. :)
You forgot ram, a hard drive, monitor, wireless keyboard and mouse etc. etc.

Piecing together a good gaming pc costs some good coin. All told even if you find deals you looking at $1500 and thats not even thinking about liquid cooling, an oversized monitor or a kickass sound system

You forgot ram, a hard drive, monitor, wireless keyboard and mouse etc. etc.

Piecing together a good gaming pc costs some good coin. All told even if you find deals you looking at $1500 and thats not even thinking about liquid cooling, an oversized monitor or a kickass sound system

Ah yes, but those are the cheaper items, You don't need a ton of ram. 8GB DDR3 is perfect about 40USD, 128GB SSD 100USD, as for a monitor you do have your choice of just using the TV as a temporary fix, until he saves more for a monitor. Just saw a Monoprice 27" on slick deals for 225USD.

No need for liquid cooling, and sound is nice to have a kick as system, but you can get way with his headphones if you already listens to music. Its all about the GPU , and not about the CPU, or Ram. Now the original poster doesn't live in the US so I don't know what pricing would be to build his own machine.

This thread is very subjective. As to the original poster if you only have lets say 500 to spend which is around what Batman PF will cost, then I would forget about building a real Gaming computer and buy a 400.00 PS4 or XBOX One. Games for these systems are written specifically for the hardware making them visually look and play more fluid than a 400.00 computer with the same inner parts.

This is a fun thread to think about thing in this perspective though.

Yeah that's why I was saying this thread as a whole is very subjective. We are just the internet giving advise to someone starting out. :dunno:

Good advice and suggestions, nonetheless.

The way I see it, the OP now can digest the info and make a decision for himself/herself with respect to his/her financial situation.

Personally, I'd get the PC. I think a better Modern Age Batman will come along.

You could always get a high resolution picture of the batman PF and use it for you desktop screen, Win Win :)

Back