Premium Format Dutch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dutch PF

I like it, but I'm going to hold off ordering right now. Sideshow really needs to get out of the habit of asking for a NRD when they haven't set the ES.

Agreed, holding off til the ES is set, don't like the habit of NRD without edition size. That could very well trickle into open editions with NRD (like Darth Maul LSF) or TBD ES for months/years.

Oh well thats Dutch ordered. Instead of get to the chopper i will be getting KICKED in the CHOPPA when the wife hears i have ordered another item.

Only half an inch taller than the predator statue, interesting. I know Dutch is crouched a bit and the predator is slightly more raised on the base with a straight leg but I'm hoping these will look good together. Both have the metal effect base. Hope the uk suppliers don't price this up to aggressively as the EX isn't worth the direct order hassle and who knows what the pounds going to be worth next week never mind in 6 months time. Will deffo keep my pred EX order though. Sideshow I hate you! My family have to eat you know? And you're making it harder!

Last edited:

Just talked with SS about this new NRD with TBD ES trend. They said it is to prevent day one sell-outs and give "everyone a chance to buy it".......

That kind of defeats the purpose of "Limited Edition Collectible", don't you think?

They also said most ESs will be posted within a week.... So what is the ES on that last Predator statue?

Love the products SS produces, just getting a little frustrated with their policies....

Just talked with SS about this new NRD with TBD ES trend. They said it is to prevent day one sell-outs and give "everyone a chance to buy it".......

That kind of defeats the purpose of "Limited Edition Collectible", don't you think?

They also said most ESs will be posted within a week.... So what is the ES on that last Predator statue?

Love the products SS produces, just getting a little frustrated with their policies....

Yeh my first thought was what about the predator? That's been over a week now and still dont know. With the warehouse full of bullseyes etc. They must judge what interest is generated before deciding how many to produce. They arn't going to tell you that though, are they?

Isn't this the same company that made a big deal out of vampirella selling out in 24hrs? They dint care who misses out, just want to sell as many as they can. They are a business afterall but times are hard for most of us and they keep producing these must have statues. I'm sick of it! :rotfl

Ordered the ex. i love this statue.
I have to admit i hate the nrd, couldnt care less about es's, but again, i have not had any issues whatsoever in the past few months ordering on day one. The only thing is if there are any pieces with nrd's i will only order if im 110% sure im keeping that order.
that said, i have also not ordered approx 10 or so statues because of the nrd simply because i feel 50/50 about keeping those certain statues on order for the next 6 months or so until they are actually released.
seem the nrd has its positives and negatives.

Ordered the ex. i love this statue.
I have to admit i hate the nrd, couldnt care less about es's, but again, i have not had any issues whatsoever in the past few months ordering on day one. The only thing is if there are any pieces with nrd's i will only order if im 110% sure im keeping that order.
that said, i have also not ordered approx 10 or so statues because of the nrd simply because i feel 50/50 about keeping those certain statues on order for the next 6 months or so until they are actually released.
seem the nrd has its positives and negatives.

I hear ya. I really don't mind the NRD when the ES is specified....but they can't have it both ways. Either take a deposit on pre-orders to limit cancellations, or leave the ES open for a few days to gauge interest.

I want this Dutch, but I just can't hit the button without all the facts.

I don't see the ES being larger than 1987, so is it really makes a difference for the EX? Would you like it more if it was say, 1000? Don't think so.
Maybe if you want the non-exclusive, and can get it elsewhere for less, yes. As for myself, I really wanted the turd in his mouth, so if it's 500, 1000, or even 2000 - Not much of a big deal to me.

Everytime I try to slow down SS goes and releases something as iconic as Dutch. I just dont get it, how can I not get this?

Only half an inch taller than the predator statue, interesting. I know Dutch is crouched a bit and the predator is slightly more raised on the base with a straight leg but I'm hoping these will look good together. Both have the metal effect base. Hope the uk suppliers don't price this up to aggressively as the EX isn't worth the direct order hassle and who knows what the pounds going to be worth next week never mind in 6 months time. Will deffo keep my pred EX order though. Sideshow I hate you! My family have to eat you know? And you're making it harder!

I think they will look good together

k1td8j.jpg

I am wondering in the movie how much bigger the predator is compare to dutch, anyone has a good pic from the movie of the two together?

I think they will look good together

k1td8j.jpg

I am wondering in the movie how much bigger the predator is compare to dutch, anyone has a good pic from the movie of the two together?

I don't think they will look good together at all! The scale is f'd up since the Predator is at least 15" taller than Arnie.

Maybe you could be like someone else here on the board and display the Predator like 2 foot back from the Arnie sculpt to kid yourself they look good together?

KftfifPOahsl.jpg

I don't think they will look good together at all! The scale is f'd up since the Predator is at least 15" taller than Arnie.

Maybe you could be like someone else here on the board and display the Predator like 2 foot back from the Arnie sculpt to kid yourself they look good together?

KftfifPOahsl.jpg

I didn't know the predator is that much bigger than arnie, ok if that's the case these two won't look good together then :gah:

Maybe I will display them in separate besta cube but still close to each other.

Back