'Edge of Tomorrow' - (formerly All You Need Is Kill) - Tom Cruise/Doug Liman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just watched this last night. Not bad. It felt like I was watching the Sci Fi version of the movie Groundhog Day.

I preferred "Oblivion" from this era of Cruise movies.

Ruined by this...

1718071905556.jpeg

Live, Die, Repeat is one of the best Sci-Fi movies ever made. (My personal opinion only) It has great character development, awesome monsters, great action, it’s fun, has some excellent laughs, a few funny moments and a stellar ending. It has one of the best, all-time movie kisses in the books. The chemistry between Tom and Rita was perfect. When she kisses him at the end of the movie right before she runs to get the attention of the Alpha it was emotional and just the right amount of time pressed together. She tells him with passion how she’d have liked to get to know him better. Then once the final scene has happened, he wakes up back in the helicopter, listens to the speech, heads off to find Rita again he gets this funny smirk on with a little laugh right as the end theme starts and the credits roll. What a perfect ending! I left the theater literally pumped up feeling I’d just watched something I wanted to see again and went the following day to see it again! I went a few more times before it left the theater. I told everyone how fun it was and that it shouldn’t be missed. I’ve watched it on disc more times than I can count. I felt like the luckiest person in the world when I found Ilya’s thread for his Exo-skeletons too! I was so glad that someone loved the movie enough to spend the amount of time it took for him to make those in CAD and make copies for sale. They are grail figures in my collection and always will be! It’s still one of my all time favorite movies today. There’s very little else that has all the elements this one does and it’s before all the woke BS they’re making today. A sequel, which would actually be the “prequel” (I’ve followed articles posted about this for years hoping they’d make another.) would be awesome! I’ve wished, wanted and hoped for another round from this movie line but had been sadly disappointed in that outcome. Edge of Tomorrow/Live, Die, Repeat will always stand out as a wonderful, fun romp of a movie in the world of film making! Oblivion was great but without the fun. Another of Tom’s best, fun movies is “Knight and Day” with Cameron Diaz. Not sci-fi but a very fun romp with great chemistry between he and Cameron. There’s my comment for the day! 👋🏼😎

It made perfect sense to me. What didn’t you understand about the ending?
Well Cruise had lost the ability to reset, but somehow blowing himself up with the Omega causes him to travel back to a different time from before, where the mimics are now all dead for some reason? I know people have tried to rationalize it since, but it all still feels a bit too convenient to me.

Even though tonally it works just fine and I can't think of any better way to end the movie.

Back