1/6 Hot Toys - MMS688D53 - The Avengers - Iron Man Mark VI (2.0) with Suit-Up Gantry Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the softening of the sculpt due to mass production actual helped the look of the head sculpt this time. Prototype wrinkles looked too hard and pronounced.

I think the softening of the sculpt due to mass production actual helped the look of the head sculpt this time. Prototype wrinkles looked too hard and pronounced.
Yeah, I think maybe they’ve been intentionally overdoing it on the skin texture in more recent prototype sculpts so that it looks “right” in the final where there will always be some loss of detail? That’s my theory anyhow.

There doesn't seem to be much excitement for this figure. Released and only 9 pages deep.

Also, I agree with the assessment that Tony headsculpt looks off. Ain't their best work and an unnecessary 2.0 figure, no need to own it for me, but hope the ones that want it or the compulsive buyers enjoy it.

There doesn't seem to be much excitement for this figure. Released and only 9 pages deep.

Also, I agree with the assessment that Tony headsculpt looks off. Ain't their best work and an unnecessary 2.0 figure, no need to own it for me, but hope the ones that want it or the compulsive buyers enjoy it.
It's the same Mark 6 that released before with some new bits so not really surprising. IM figures have long reached their peak at this point so each release isn't really all that exciting. Hasn't been for most for a while now.

I really dig it. The intricate detailing they did on the under armor bits is nicely done. I never got the previous Mark 6 release so this is the one I'll probably get. Curious if the gantry can even fit in a detolf or a Billy.

K1TFDII.png

bvfA7OD.png

4blRhXM.png

Toys Buying Agent is marking it up over Sideshow's price by about $50 and the figure on its own by $150. Which is wild since picking it up right in Hong Kong means they're already paying 20-25% less than Sideshow prices.
Used to be my go to place, but he's raised his pricing a significant amount recently. And actually encountered a few problems with them. Shame..

Used to be my go to place, but he's raised his pricing a significant amount recently. And actually encountered a few problems with them. Shame..
Yeah, their website has become unusable, too. He has so many unsold figures, it's really difficult to browse, and he must not want to get rid of them very badly because some of the prices never go down ($465 for the 1:6 chrome Mando? C'mon).

Back