Elektra Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't think her eyes look bad here.

Really? I think it's pretty off and he should ask for another head or change.

elektraeyefix2.jpg

Up close it would look worse than in person and the size of these heads it's very hard to tell unless you get right up in her grill.

I notice this with She-HULK.

Up close it would look worse than in person and the size of these heads it's very hard to tell unless you get right up in her grill.

I notice this with She-HULK.

I dunno my wife was standing across the room and she said, damn what's wrong with her eyes in that pic! :monkey5

Mesa, you probably have the worst Elektra to date.

IMG_3606Large.jpg

Thats plain bad.

I really don't think her eyes look bad here.

good old Jaclyn, helpful as always. replacement in the works.

I know it doesn't look that bad in the pics, but in person it looks bad. Bad enough that I don't want the piece if I has to look at it like it currently is, except this was bought on rewards points, so no returns. I let it go on She Hulk, and last night I looked at her eyes and they didn't both me, but this Elektra eyes do bother me, alot. It's not even that the are incorrectly positioned where one is looking up and other is looking down, its that one pupil/iris is bigger than the other, so it's doubly as noticeable.

I'm glad decided to go ahead and ask about a replacement.

good old Jaclyn, helpful as always. replacement in the works.

I know it doesn't look that bad in the pics, but in person it looks bad. Bad enough that I don't want the piece if I has to look at it like it currently is, except this was bought on rewards points, so no returns. I let it go on She Hulk, and last night I looked at her eyes and they didn't both me, but this Elektra eyes do bother me, alot. It's not even that the are incorrectly positioned where one is looking up and other is looking down, its that one pupil/iris is bigger than the other, so it's doubly as noticeable.

I'm glad decided to go ahead and ask about a replacement.

Mine doesn't look bad in person at all so it doesn't bother me. I'm glad you're getting a replacement though and hope it's better for you. I feel sorry for you though because you have to package that dang thing back up lol.

The only reason the picture under discussion looks bad is the pupils. The irises are pretty symmetrically placed but the pupils are a bit googly. I thought mine were SLIGHTLY off but like I said, after assembly it didn't seem so bad. I guess I'll post some of these pics and you all can judge for yourselves (don't make me cry too much though!)

Three different angles on the eyes, and then the last one is Elektra giving a big FU to whoever did the googling on the googlies some of you received!

After seeing more pics, I'm scared they're all going to have googly eyes. Whoever is painting the eyes probably has googly eyes, and should be fired.

It looks like it's the left eye that was screwed up and painted to small.

On mine, or all? To be honest I'm fine with how mine came out. Not perfect but not worthy of a replacement or anything.

On mine, or all? To be honest I'm fine with how mine came out. Not perfect but not worthy of a replacement or anything.

mostly yours........... AND mine, so probably the majority. ;)

It's a shame that an otherwise awesome sculpt will be ruined by a simple neglect of either poor craftsmanship (i.e. painting) or lack of QA or lack of attention to detail. Again....

The only reason the picture under discussion looks bad is the pupils. The irises are pretty symmetrically placed but the pupils are a bit googly. I thought mine were SLIGHTLY off but like I said, after assembly it didn't seem so bad. I guess I'll post some of these pics and you all can judge for yourselves (don't make me cry too much though!)

Three different angles on the eyes, and then the last one is Elektra giving a big FU to whoever did the googling on the googlies some of you received!

I actually think the real problem is a combination of factors.

Firstly, the eye height is not even. The left eye should be lower especially the bottom edge, that's why the eyeballs however placed still look a bit wonky. Secondly, the iris itself of course has placements issues and thirdly the iris is uneven size.

Actually, the left eye looks off when we look at the face on a straight angle. If we look at it from side angles it looks ok.
I'm hoping mine wouldn't be so bad, but I guess we have to display her a bit to the side.

I actually think the real problem is a combination of factors.

Firstly, the eye height is not even. The left eye should be lower especially the bottom edge, that's why the eyeballs however placed still look a bit wonky. Secondly, the iris itself of course has placements issues and thirdly the iris is uneven size.

Yeah I agree with you when it comes to mine, I was talking about mesa's picture where the only issue I could discern was the pupil. But looking again the placement/size of the iris does appear universally problematic.

Then again, honestly I don't feel like this ruins it...we are REALLY staring closely at this thing, and the fact is if you look closely at a picture of any average person you'll almost always notice one eye a tiny bit lazier than the other. I'm not defending the craftsmanship so much as saying we don't need to be too terribly depressed about it (obviously we have all seen exceptions where outrage is warranted).

Yeah I agree with you when it comes to mine, I was talking about mesa's picture where the only issue I could discern was the pupil. But looking again the placement/size of the iris does appear universally problematic.

Then again, honestly I don't feel like this ruins it...we are REALLY staring closely at this thing, and the fact is if you look closely at a picture of any average person you'll almost always notice one eye a tiny bit lazier than the other. I'm not defending the craftsmanship so much as saying we don't need to be too terribly depressed about it (obviously we have all seen exceptions where outrage is warranted).

I agree. But then again, you can't blame people for complaining because what SS advertise on their site, the eyes look way better than what most of us already received.

90111_press03-001.jpg

Compare the left eye

4335869351_7f6a54e2e7_b.jpg

Oh I don't blame anyone for anything, just trying to pep everyone up including myself.

I think your pics look ok, I would be happy if she came out the way she is in your pics. Mesa's is a little more off.

I agree, it's highly subjective. Some have more realistic expectations than me and subject their stats to a larger degree of leniency. In the end it's what you're happy with, and all any of us can do is offer an opinion most are after from these boards. A wise person weighs that against his own subjective opinion and bringing up in the first place means there is a budding concern.

If a stat's craftmanship makes you happy that's all that matters, who's to disagree with your personal taste. To others, first comes denial, then anger, followed by bargaining, depression and finally acceptance OR EBAY! So they may end up in the same place anyways! :)

In real life some people's eyes are far from symmetrical anyways, and who know elektra may have been fighting 2 opponents at the same time....

I agree. But then again, you can't blame people for complaining because what SS advertise on their site, the eyes look way better than what most of us already received.

90111_press03-001.jpg

Compare the left eye

4335869351_7f6a54e2e7_b.jpg

I agree, when you see the pics from the site you have a certain expectation and some get annoyed when it is not met. I think that's why none of my pieces to this date even have irises drawn. :D

Back