[ELVIS1976 | custom work] • 1/1 PROTON PACK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ELVIS1976 custom's (Marvel, DC, Movies) - THE FIRE RISES

Offering replacement parts is a great idea. Do it!!!

I think he sculpted onto the body underneath the rubber torso, then put it the rubber torso back on once he was finished.

Yeah exactly that is what I did, except that I had to dremel inside the rubber torso so that is was thinner and could be stretch by the resculpted body.

If that makes sense.

I tried an easier ay before (stuffing under the torso with cotton balls but it didn't looked massive enough)

In this hobby there is no easy way out :)

Last edited:

Well Seb, if you're doing a run of replacement parts, you wont be needing your prototype. I'll pm you my address.

Yeah exactly that is what I did, except that I had to dremel inside the rubber torso so that is was thinner and could be stretch by the resculpted body.

If that makes sense.

I tried an easier ay before (stuffing under the torso with cotton balls but it didn't looked massive enough)

Of course there is :lecture

We let you do all the work and we come in and buy it from you :lol

Truly amazing work. Don't care for the character, but you breathe life into the figures you customize! Wow!

If that makes sense.

Wow, okay that is a crazy amount of dedication. But it paid of with an impressive piece.

So what is green stuff, is it similar to milliput?

Wow, okay that is a crazy amount of dedication. But it paid of with an impressive piece.

So what is green stuff, is it similar to milliput?

Yes is is similar but it's looks more like plastic.
It stick really well on plastic and rubber parts.

Yes is is similar but it's looks more like plastic.
It stick really well on plastic and rubber parts.

Thanks, I'll have to check it out. So far I've used Milliput and other 2 part epoxies, but they tend to be kind of "mushy/grainly" feeling and I've not had a lot of success getting a particularly smooth/finished look out of them.

Thanks, I'll have to check it out. So far I've used Milliput and other 2 part epoxies, but they tend to be kind of "mushy/grainly" feeling and I've not had a lot of success getting a particularly smooth/finished look out of them.

With milliput just wet it down with a finger or even run it under water and smooth it out. Alternatively you can sand it but water is easier.

Thanks for the tip C-Bob... I'll have to try that since I have 2/3 of a box left :duff

Next one on the Batman Rogue list.

KILLER CROC.

Here's a first pics of the head on the body.
Head sculpted by Rocco, he also sculpted the forearms and legs.

P1040683.jpg

Re: ELVIS1976 custom's (Marvel, DC, Movies) - KILLER CROC

That is looking awesome, i was thinking of sculpting something similar for a pred body or maybe the lizard

Back