[ELVIS1976 | custom work] • 1/1 PROTON PACK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would like to represent this post with a picture. in the foreground are the hopes and dreams of 1/6 collectors everywhere, and in the background is seb.

bane-breaks-batmans-back-rises.jpg

:lol Nice.

Upgraded parts would be awesome though. Buy the HT Bane and Whiplash body, grab some upgraded parts from Seb and sell any HT parts you don't use. Sounds like a plan. :yess

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Re: ELVIS1976 custom's (Marvel, DC, Movies) - THE FIRE RISES

the only problem is seb has heavily modified the body too to give it that crazy beast look. i think the HT bane actually comes on the whiplash body (or similar).

so even with the parts it would never look as good as his :( but at least the outfit alone would look much better.

:lol Nice.

Upgraded parts would be awesome though. Buy the HT Bane and Whiplash body, grab some upgraded parts from Seb and sell any HT parts you don't use. Sounds like a plan. :yess

Or just buy the HT parts you need - which is more or less the head and possibly the stand. :monkey1

maybe I will offer some upgraded parts.

:yess::yess::yess:

It's almost always more financially efficient to buy the figure and sell undeeded parts than to only buy the parts you need :lecture

It's almost always more financially efficient to buy the figure and sell undeeded parts than to only buy the parts you need :lecture

If you need something like just the head, IMO - TA is always a cheaper option.

Nah, parting out usually works out better in the end. It just takes a bit more time and effort. But typically you can sell off the individual pieces and at least lessen the cost of the pieces you keep or negate them entirely.

I needed a clone undersuit and body for a custom, so I bought a Rex kept the two pieces I needed and sold the remaining for about $20 more than I spent on him in the first place.

But, of course my time and effort were exchanged for the $40-$60 I saved :lol

Elvis - 1

Hot Toys - 0

From the moment Elvis decided to make his own custom Bane it was Elvis 1 Hot Toys 0. :lecture

Lets just forget about Hot Toys all together and just focus on Elvis'. His Bane is looking awesome and he is not even finished!!! Looking forward to the final pictures :)

Tried digging through a few Pages but what body is on bane right now? That's the first switch I'll be doing with the HT figure

Tried digging through a few Pages but what body is on bane right now? That's the first switch I'll be doing with the HT figure

It's the Whiplash body. Which is probably the same body as the HT, just that Seb modded it making the torso and traps bigger I believe

Yes that is correct, it's the same one HT used.

I removed the uppder rubber torso and resculpted the neck an traps to make them look massive.

Yes that is correct, it's the same one HT used.

I removed the uppder rubber torso and resculpted the neck an traps to make them look massive.

Ah, I missed that... I was racking my brain trying to figure out how you sculpted the scar detail into the flexible material. You redid that whole area? Very impressive, I was totally unaware that was customized like that.

Cool! Well, as I have many times in the past, I'll take notes from your great work and attempt!

I don't know how you do it but your work keeps getting better and better.

Ah, I missed that... I was racking my brain trying to figure out how you sculpted the scar detail into the flexible material. You redid that whole area? Very impressive, I was totally unaware that was customized like that.

No I didn't replaced the torso.
What I did is dremeled the inside of the rubber torso to make it thinner.
I then resculpted on the body BUT under the torso cover.

Once dry i put the torso back.
This way it makes the neck and traps looks more massive.

I sculpted the scare with greenstuff, that thing works greats for plastic material.

I sculpted the scare with greenstuff, that thing works greats for plastic material.

Method to the madness :lecture

:clap:clap

the only problem is seb has heavily modified the body too to give it that crazy beast look. i think the HT bane actually comes on the whiplash body (or similar).

so even with the parts it would never look as good as his :( but at least the outfit alone would look much better.

I think I could make it work. I got a couple ideas to bulk the body that wouldn't be too difficult.

Edit: nevermind I read what Seb did. :lol

Last edited:

Im confused. How did you resculpt under the torso cover without removing it. Your talking about the rubber skin part right?

I think he sculpted onto the body underneath the rubber torso, then put it the rubber torso back on once he was finished.

Back