elvis1976 GI-Joe customs : Camo STORM SHADOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My Take on some Gi-joe and Cobra

First look at my Night Viper.
Still a lot of refining to do. Just the basis coat on the helmet but it gives you a good idea.

IMG_5569.jpg

IMG_5571.jpg

IMG_5572.jpg

IMG_5566.jpg

I'd say your best work ever as a customizer is you taking on Gi joe...We are witnessing history at this very moment.those figures will make you famous.

I'd say your best work ever as a customizer is you taking on Gi joe...We are witnessing history at this very moment.those figures will make you famous.

And you know what, those are the figures that i enjoyed the most.
SO much fun to make and so creative.

:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow

Added some weathering, higlighten the visor using shades of green.
Really happy with the result so far.

IMG_5582.jpg

IMG_5586.jpg

IMG_5585.jpg

IMG_5587.jpg

IMG_5588.jpg

IMG_5589.jpg

Last edited:

I am quite happy with Sideshow's G.I. Joes, but it is undeniable that the awesomeness is spread across these customs evenly like a thick slathering of peanut butter on a good bp and j sandwich! I don't think I could pick a favorite of them.

I can say that my favorite detail is Firefly's backpack. Though I think I would use that design for one of the Comm soldiers.

Checking on this thread is one of life's true pleasures.

Really awesome stuff! Love helmet especially it's very well crafted and looks perfect! :rock2

These are pure awesomeness.
Btw, To you and Mando, out curiosity, what is the process you guys take in creating these works of art. Do you get all the materials together before hand, then put it together? How do you know if something will fit or not? I see Seb working like a machine on these, how do you do it? Im still tweaking my Firefly bash I showed a while back. Its taking me what seems like forever to finish him.

haha. Well it really depends.
Usually I pland projects on paper and make a list of what i will need.
Then i hunt on the bay, monkey depot, toys anxiety, .... then order the pieces i found and once i got them i begin the build.
Often I build many figure at the same time.
I do that while waiting for other parts for other figure.
SO that i can work quicker.
And often i make mistake an buy wrong stuff but now i'm getting used to see what can fit or not.

The prime element is that i watched closely the original fig to get evertyhing right.

Then i hunt on the bay, monkey depot, toys anxiety, .... then order the pieces i found and once i got them i begin the build.
And often i make mistake an buy wrong stuff but now i'm getting used to see what can fit or not.

The prime element is that i watched closely the original fig to get evertyhing right.

Thanks, I'll try that approach. Maybe I can get started on my.... 2nd bash.:monkey4

But doesnt it cost a ton of cash to gather all the items? heads, bodys, guns outfits etc?

But doesnt it cost a ton of cash to gather all the items? heads, bodys, guns outfits etc?

I was thinking the same thing, but I think if you plan it right, it wont cost you too much. I for one have a put lot of money into my Firefly kitbash, but thats because I have made stupid purchases without analysing if the pieces would fit or not. Plus if you dont plan ahead, shipping charges can add up.

Back