English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will Bale become Ronaldo's b****? That's the most puzzling question in my head besides who's going to take free kicks.

It's already funny watching Ronaldo's routine prior to his runup so if Bale stands next to him and starts doing the same thing I expect most defensive walls will collapse into fits of laughter and they'll be able to get a clear shot at goal :lol

SubjectZero,
I agree that Moyes can't criticise his players in public, he'd soon lose the dressing room doing that.

I think they can probably manage without new defenders for another season or so but it's definitely an area that is in need of attention as the proposed replacements for Ferdinand and Vidic ( Jones and Smalling ) are very injury prone.

If the Herera deal goes through ( I'm taking nothing for granted until he's doing the cheesy pic wearing the shirt ) then I hope he gets thrown into the mix straight away....I have no idea on his ability but at this stage a new face has to be a good thing.

I also think that not giving Kagawa a proper chance would be a massive mistake....a creative, attacking midfielder capable of getting 15 plus goals a season is EXACTLY what United need and he's being left out :slap

heon123,
I agree that an established "name" or two arriving before the deadline would go a long way towards reassuring us fans but Wanderer has a good point.

In United's recent past it's often been the unknowns that have been a big success whilst big names flopped.

The initial response to the arrival of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was "Who?"

He didn't turn out too badly.

Then there was that skinny Portugese lad a decade ago.

Herrera is a MUCH better player than Zaha, you havent seen La Liga games I can understand if you did you would know how industrious and how much good ball control as well as passing he has... as for Kagawa one of his best things was how the players around him and the system he played in. ManU's system cant bring the best out of him simply because Kagawa is a player built to play in a system with obscene pressing and extremely one touch fast build ups... ManU dont have those in their arsenal anymore. Their midfield isnt that energetic nor accurate enough.

What shocks me is how BARCA are refusing to buy a decent defender! WHAT team in the world has 2 recognised CBs in their 22 man squad?!! that too one of them has switched to CB as he is in his mid 30s and cant play in the RB position he started in...

Real is building an obscene team, but they have been doing that for years now. Everytime I think that its 100 million, I just wonder what kind of valuations the next talented player will have?!!

We've been doing ok so far this season. Last season we let
In the fewest goals only behind city. Ba would be a nice backup to giroud. And 3 million is a pretty fair price.

Reports are that we are close to di Maria as well. Not too sure about that one.

Herrera is a MUCH better player than Zaha, you havent seen La Liga games I can understand if you did you would know how industrious and how much good ball control as well as passing he has... as for Kagawa one of his best things was how the players around him and the system he played in. ManU's system cant bring the best out of him simply because Kagawa is a player built to play in a system with obscene pressing and extremely one touch fast build ups... ManU dont have those in their arsenal anymore. Their midfield isnt that energetic nor accurate enough.

What shocks me is how BARCA are refusing to buy a decent defender! WHAT team in the world has 2 recognised CBs in their 22 man squad?!! that too one of them has switched to CB as he is in his mid 30s and cant play in the RB position he started in...

Real is building an obscene team, but they have been doing that for years now. Everytime I think that its 100 million, I just wonder what kind of valuations the next talented player will have?!!

Herrera is a fantastic player. If Man U pull that deal of then there fans should be really happy. It's just a shame another Spanish team outside there top2 losing another top player.

I was watching Sky Sports News & most the Real fans were saying Bale isn't worth what Real payed for him but are happy there got him. They seem to all like to add that Ronaldo is better :lol

I just can't understand why Real would sell Ozil though. I know they need to recoup there money but why sell him? That just sums Real up I suppose, instead of building a team they build a squad of big names

Real think its important to have a British player in there team for financial reasons but I can't imagine the English, Scottish or N.Irish supporters being interested in having Real shirts with Bale on there back. If they think he's going to bring a revenue similar to Beckham then they'll be disappointed. Oh & the Welsh are way more interested in Rugby than football

Well Bale's crazy fee was an outcome of Perez saving his face with the supporters who voted him back in power few months back. He had promised supporters Bale (whom the club touted as the left footed Ronaldo) and Spurs dida great job of wringing out every penny.

However he knows he has to appease Ronaldo the top dog so inspite of the reports the Marca/Real official news is that they bought Bale for 2m less than Ronaldo... hogwash!

We've been doing ok so far this season. Last season we let
In the fewest goals only behind city. Ba would be a nice backup to giroud. And 3 million is a pretty fair price.

Reports are that we are close to di Maria as well. Not too sure about that one.

Di Maria wont sign if Ozil does.

Last season we did ok yep I agree but if an injury happens to Kosiceny or Mertesacker what then?

I am hoping we sign someone like Ashley Williams at the last minute but looks unlikely now.

Did anything happen with Arsenal and that italian Goalkeeper? I read a report from eurosport yesterday but havent heard anything since

Last season we did ok yep I agree but if an injury happens to Kosiceny or Mertesacker what then?

I am hoping we sign someone like Ashley Williams at the last minute but looks unlikely now.

Did anything happen with Arsenal and that italian Goalkeeper? I read a report from eurosport yesterday but havent heard anything since

Getting a medical now. Seems to be completed.

I just can't understand why Real would sell Ozil though. I know they need to recoup there money but why sell him? That just sums Real up I suppose, instead of building a team they build a squad of big names
QUOTE]

They have a midfield packed with quality and they added Bale and Thay young spanish lad this year losing Ozil and/or Di Maria wont effect them to much so they might as well cash in on them now whilst they can.

I still think Erikkson is the best signing of the transfer window so far.

Herrera is a MUCH better player than Zaha, you havent seen La Liga games I can understand if you did you would know how industrious and how much good ball control as well as passing he has

Good ball control and passing ability?

That puts him ahead of virtually all of United's present midfield.

QUOTE]

They have a midfield packed with quality and they added Bale and Thay young spanish lad this year losing Ozil and/or Di Maria wont effect them to much so they might as well cash in on them now whilst they can.

I still think Erikkson is the best signing of the transfer window so far.

Erikson is good but he's far from being up there with Ozil, that's not saying he won't but he's still got a lot to prove. Ozil is already world class. Just look at his stats & :drool & remember Ozil plays in Spain & not Holland & he did it in Germany as well.

What's Real's loss is Arsenal's gain so I'm not complaining :)

Erikson is good but he's far from being up there with Ozil, that's not saying he won't but he's still got a lot to prove. Ozil is already world class. Just look at his stats & :drool & remember Ozil plays in Spain & not Holland & he did it in Germany as well.

What's Real's loss is Arsenal's gain so I'm not complaining :)

43 million though compared to 13?

I still think Erikson is the steal and will be a world class player

Striker wise not that concerened Poldoski is ok, Giroud is very good and Walcott can play there

We also have Bendtner as back up encase we are stuffed can see anyone wanting him.

I think Wenger should wait until January, Would have like Mario Gomez though.

Yeah I forgot about that. I think they'll announce all there signing's once the window shuts.

Di Maria deal is dead though according to Sky because of the Ozil deal but I would much rather have Ozil than Di Maria.

43 million though compared to 13?

I still think Erikson is the steal and will be a world class player

Striker wise not that concerened Poldoski is ok, Giroud is very good and Walcott can play there

We also have Bendtner as back up encase we are stuffed can see anyone wanting him.

I think Wenger should wait until January, Would have like Mario Gomez though.

Bendtner is hopefully off to palace. Even though we had to pay THEM to take
Him off our hands. :rotfl

Arsenal should try Christian Tello for loan... with Pedro, Neymar, Messi, Sanchez itll be much difficult for him to find first team football with specially Deulofeu breathing down to become a first team player next season...

Back