English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definatley Todays game proved that Cash dosent beat Class

Happy for Liverpool also always a good day when united loose :)

The same Arsenal that the home fans booed from the pitch after the first league game are now suddenly major players again based on one result?

Seriously?

:cuckoo:

As for your other comment I can only surmise that seeing all your club's best players leave for a chance to win trophies has taken it's toll.

It's a pity you ABU's can't get over such petty bitterness and focus on your own team.

I just see this. Would love to see Ozil at Arsenal but I'll only believe it when I see him in an Arsenal shirt. Us Arsenal fans have been let down so many times when it comes to signing players & like Spurs fans know (Willian) we could get out bidded on wages by one of the oil rich clubs in the last minute. Arsenal still desperately need a Striker, we can't just rely on Giroud all season.

Talking about the Arsenal, Spurs game today. I thought it was a good tight game. Credit to Spurs, they played well today & were unlucky to leave empty handed. Other than Barca I can't remember the last time a team came to the Emirates & had more possession than us. I was surprised how well Arsenal defended today as well.

Bales gone to Madrid but Spurs fans will soon forget about him, especially when they start seeing Lamela & Eriksen playing.

Best thing about Bale joining Madrid is that Ronaldo will be pissed. He was desperate to remain the most expensive player :lol

Something tells me Ronaldo will be getting a juicy new contract otherwise he'll be off either in January or the end of the season.

The same Arsenal that the home fans booed from the pitch after the first league game are now suddenly major players again based on one result?

Seriously?

As for your other comment I can only surmise that seeing all your club's best players leave for a chance to win trophies has taken it's toll.

It's a pity you ABU's can't get over such petty bitterness and focus on your own team.

Our players have class are fans dont at times.

Still work needs to be do done to the team for it to be anywhere near the standard of Man City or Chelsea.

LOL Man U fan in a bad mood after loosing no change there.

Still think Wenger should be let go if we dont win anything this year but with Chelsea and Man City looking so good its going to be hard.

Liverpool also look pretty impressive big sturridge fan.

Think Ozil will be joing on loan if anything I cant see us paying that much for a player.

Seriously?

No one has said we are major players. We just won a derby. It's just ironic to hear spurs fans brag about how much they have spent compared to us, then proceed to lose. Not necessarily on this board, but in the media and other forums.

We are still a 3/4 place team. Unless we receive the hinted surprises tomorrow. I say ozil and one other big name player will be signed tomorrow.

No one has said we are major players. We just won a derby. It's just ironic to hear spurs fans brag about how much they have spent compared to us, then proceed to lose. Not necessarily on this board, but in the media and other forums.

We are still a 3/4 place team. Unless we receive the hinted surprises tomorrow. I say ozil and one other big name player will be signed tomorrow.

Didnt we sign a Goalkeeper today? Was on loan at Florentina last season?

Never heard of him before so dont know what to expect

Man U fan in a bad mood after loosing no change there.

Not really, I want them to screw up this year, the only way the Glazers can be made to see they made an epic mistake in hiring Gollum is if the team slumps badly, ideally as low as 8th-10th.

If that happens the clubs profits will drop, the Glazers will panic and Gollum will get his arse kicked back to Middle Earth where he belongs.

Maybe then somebody qualified to manage a team of United's stature will get the job....assuming of course they don't ever make the mistake of listening to anything Fergie suggests again.

Last edited:
Maybe then, somebody qualified to manage a team of United's stature will get the job.

Again this is what is so wrong with ALOT of teams you dont need a major name to come in and manage a club - Fergie and Wenger even Clough are prime examples. You need to give them time to develop the team maybe go through 1 or 2 seasons building the team.

Moyes has had what 4 games in charge and yet the fans want him gone already? Atleast give him until the end of the season until you decide if he is crap or not.

Chelsea are the worst at this and look how many times they won the league with all the big names they had the manager merry go round

When I watch football even though I support Arsenal. I still
admire teams who play good football & I try & be as honest as possible. Man Utd was one of them teams I grew up watching & admired but I can't believe what's happening with them. For Moyes to come out & say signings are not needed after the Liverpool defeat is just crazy. Man Utd were one of them teams that always had great players & the best midfielders. To think Michael Carrick is Utd's best midfielder is just sad. Man Utd should have a midfield to match any of the best teams in the world but Carrick, Cleverley, Anderson, Young, Valencia & a 39 year old Giggs is definitely not that. I fear for Utd fans that Moyes is out of his depths & it does look like Utd have no money because there either chasing impossible targets or putting in low ball offers for Everton players. Maybe I'm completely wrong but I thought Moyes was a bad choice, I thought he would struggle to attract big names but hey it's still early days but I wouldn't be feeling confident if I was a Utd fan.

Havn't seen any highlights yet but I'm happy for the boys. I thought we would beat Spurs. As gypsycathca said Spurs need a lot more time to gel. I'm not saying they won't do well this season but next season will really be stand up and deliver time.

I didn't even know they signed Eriksen!!! That is someone they can build their team around. Defineatly an interesting season ahead.

Well I hope Arsene has some surprises left for us in the few hours remaining :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Again this is what is so wrong with ALOT of teams you dont need a major name to come in and manage a club - Fergie and Wenger even Clough are prime examples. You need to give them time to develop the team maybe go through 1 or 2 seasons building the team.

Moyes has had what 4 games in charge and yet the fans want him gone already? Atleast give him until the end of the season until you decide if he is crap or not.

Chelsea are the worst at this and look how many times they won the league with all the big names they had the manager merry go round

Brian Clough achieved his success at a time when the amount of money a club had wasn't as much of a factor as it is now and he was also the greatest motivator of average players the English game ever had, only Fergie came close.

Moyes isn't either of them.

As far as Chelsea are concerned all their changes of manager hasn't affected their ability to win trophies so it can be argued that their way has it's merits.

It's not a question of wanting Moyes gone after 4 games, he should never have been given the job in the first place unless there was a plan to back him by spending big on new recruits with some proven pedigree at a top club....no crappy Everton players.

Instead the board have been borrowing heavily from Arsenal's playbook and have made a poor attempt at convincing fans they're going to back the new manager and they've had Moyes spouting the same kind of rubbish that Wenger does every year.

As a result the club have made themselves look incredibly foolish in this transfer window.

Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary Moyes is also saying there's nothing wrong with the squad and no signings are necessary and is leaving players that could actually help improve their lack of creativity eg Zaha and Kagawa out of the squad entirely :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Saw three matches thanks to the luxury of being a Sunday...

Liverpool vs ManU - what can I say, always like to see ManU lose! havent forgiven them since the 99 CL final :lol (last time I hoped for a ManU win was against Real Madrid last season)

Arsenal vs Tottenham - Happy again! Always a supporter of Wenger and how he makes his teams play. So with all the negativitey of Arsenal fans and Tottenham heavily investing I was hoping this would show that buying a lot of good players doesnt always guarantee instant results. BUT tottenham will get better... Lamela and Eriksen are fantastic! However IF they keep hold of them. I fear if any of these two have a very very good season, Real Madrid will again come calling because of their 'partnership' with Spurs (no idea what partnership it is, seems to be one way)

Valencia vs Barcelona - Barca showing why they are the best and the worst in the same game... attacking threat at boss level with a Messi hattrick in the first half, with defensive frailties which cost them 2 goals in a couple of minutes again in the first half!! The whole second half was fraught with tension and if it wasnt for Victor Valdez showing his true colours Barca would have surely lost...

Best part of the game... Messi's Maradona like goal! That one touch lift of the ball to round the keeper at that crazy speed!
9648971166_6197402268_o.gif

Gooners will be happy to know that Fabregas has been playing at a level above BOTH Xavi and Iniesta so far in this season...

Will Bale become Ronaldo's b****? That's the most puzzling question in my head besides who's going to take free kicks.

I think Bale will be put on the flanks and Ronaldo will be given a free roam behind the striker... something he did in his later seasons at ManU. So something like a Benzema upfront with Ronaldo roving at his back with a midfield of Bale, Isco, Modric and Khedira/Alonso/Illara...

Ancellotti likes midfield dominance over others... so he will probably flood the midfield so with a man advantage there will be a flexible diamond system...

As far as Chelsea are concerned all their changes of manager hasn't affected their ability to win trophies so it can be argued that their way has it's merits.

Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary Moyes is also saying there's nothing wrong with the squad and no signings are necessary and is leaving players that could actually help improve their lack of creativity eg Zaha and Kagawa out of the squad entirely :cuckoo:

True about Chelsea but they havent threatened the Priemer League title in the last few years when they should have been.

Moyes cant go 'Yeah we definatley need to improve the squad as it isnt good enough' because what happens if you sign no one? Its just going to bring down the morale of the team. He would rather piss off the fans than the team which is the right thing to do.

I dont understans Kagawa being left out the team he is a great player but I think he dosent want to rush Zaha into the first time alot like what Wenger does with The Ox.

Anyway you are now signing that Spanish lad for a decent sum of money but I think you are abit like us you need Centre-Backs also.

True about Chelsea but they havent threatened the Priemer League title in the last few years when they should have been.

Moyes cant go 'Yeah we definatley need to improve the squad as it isnt good enough' because what happens if you sign no one? Its just going to bring down the morale of the team. He would rather piss off the fans than the team which is the right thing to do.

I dont understans Kagawa being left out the team he is a great player but I think he dosent want to rush Zaha into the first time alot like what Wenger does with The Ox.

Anyway you are now signing that Spanish lad for a decent sum of money but I think you are abit like us you need Centre-Backs also.

I didn't even hear of Herera until this saga started. What United need is an impact player, one that can both supply or score goals. I've seen it in players like Zaha and Kagawa but both seem to be out of favour with Moyes.

^^ just coz he isn't a name doesn't make him any less of an impact player mate...
But I agree, Kagawa hasn't been given a decent shot

Back