English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Nasri was a blessing in disguise. He was ok at 1st but then he had that great season. It did annoy me a bit the way he left but he's not been that good for City so I can let it go :lol

& if he stayed we probably wouldn't of eventually got Carzorla. I may sound biased here but I think he would of been a much better player today if he stayed with us though.

I call this BS personally but this is the story going around everywhere right now. Betrayed Spurs chief Levy 'asked Real Madrid to pull the plug on Ozil's £42.5m move to rivals Arsenal' but if it is true I can more than understand Levy's frustrations personally.

Read more: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-block-Mesut-Ozils-Arsenal.html#ixzz2dyCScuAZ

Indeed. I think Cazorla is every bit as good as Nasri when he was at his peak for Arsenal. Again, I have no sympathy for him at Man City. He is just rotting there.

:lol I can see why Levy might be fuming about that :rotfl

Well that's what you get for playing high stakes Deadline day transfers. High Risk/High Reward stuff from Arsenal. Thankfully it worked in this instance.

Levy bought a boat load of players anyway. Eriksen for 11.5 is amazing stuff he'll get over us signing Ozil .........maybe :lol

damn, that'll leave a mark. trust vidic,he comes from serbia and he'll *****king murder ya (heheheh)

Man that gash on Rooney's head looks painful :horror

Damn I thought the England game was on tonight but it's the U21's. I don't know why I care, I know it's going to be a boring game :sleep

Scotland v Belgium should be good though. Austria v Germany could be a good one too

Last edited:
The Ozil signing is brilliant in both the short term and long term. Finally, Arsenal have shown that they are willing to sign the "elite" just like the other top 3 English clubs. This opens the door to much more opportunity, especially next summer.

Nani signs a 5 year contract. Comments?

I don't mind as long as he performs and changes his act.

The Ozil signing is brilliant in both the short term and long term. Finally, Arsenal have shown that they are willing to sign the "elite" just like the other top 3 English clubs. This opens the door to much more opportunity, especially next summer.

:lecture

Like I have heard some say, this signing is possibly the most significant since Bergkamp.

Not only do I think Ozil will go on to be an Arsenal legend, he has the potential to attract players to the club, if Arsenal are willing to keep spending. I would really like to see his team mate Sami Khedira bolster the midfield. He is a quality player and a defensive midfielder we need right now.

I can't help but wonder who will be next. I really would like to see a quality striker brought in. Maybe Ronaldo to link up with Ozil? I can keep dreaming for now :lol

Last edited:

Yeah hopefully we'll start signing one or two top player's each year now & build a great team around them, were always had the foundations to build a great team & man it feels so much better buying a top player than selling our top player. This is what the supporters have been wanting for the past 8 years. We never expected Arsenal to go out & buy a load of players each season like Chelsea & City but to show ambition & by signing Ozil is showing ambition.

Yeah hopefully we'll start signing one or two top player's each year now & build a great team around them, were always had the foundations to build a great team & man it feels so much better buying a top player than selling our top player. This is what the supporters have been wanting for the past 8 years. We never expected Arsenal to go out & buy a load of players each season like Chelsea & City but to show ambition & by signing Ozil is showing ambition.

:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

I don't mind as long as he performs and changes his act.

I think Nani had so much potential. He could be world class but isn't consistent at all, definitely my favourite Utd winger though. I don't rate Young & Valencia at all, there definitely not to Utd standards but most there midfield now isn't come to think of it.

For the sake of the team I hope he gets a career ending injury ASAP.

Pretty harsh perhaps, but I'm sick of seeing him cross the ball into the first defender and run into opposing players, that's all he's been doing for 2-3 years and he was hardly Mr Consistency before that.

After Gollum's brain dead tactics against Liverpool and the gross incompetence from the chief executive during the transfer window I was already struggling to find a reason to keep faith in United's new regime.

This news has just killed any chance of their being able to win me over.

Last edited:

Pretty harsh perhaps, but I'm sick of seeing him cross the ball into the first defender and run into opposing players, that's all he's been doing for 2-3 years and he was hardly Mr Consistency before that.

After Gollum's brain dead tactics against Liverpool and the gross incompetence from the chief executive during the transfer window I was already struggling to find a reason to keep faith in United's new regime.

I can't believe a so called fan would wish that on any player let alone one of their own, no matter how much you hate the guy. I hate united with a passion but I would never wish injury on any of their players, that's just vile.

:rotfl that was harsh but pretty funny !

Cant believe they have signed him up. The guy is an enigma. He shows glimpses of world class football but also shows why he should never take of his tracksuit each weekend.

Im just glad we can carry on singing " sh/t Michael Jackson, your just a sh/t Michael Jackson, sh/t Michael Jaaackson " :yess:

I can't believe a so called fan would wish that on any player let alone one of their own, no matter how much you hate the guy. I hate united with a passion but I would never wish injury on any of their players, that's just vile.

Nani wore out his welcome years ago, I only support good players, not ones that are consistently pathetic.

Each time he plays the team are effectively down to 10 men and if Carrick, Cleverley, Valencia, Young and Welbeck are also involved then they have a similar effect.

There is no sane reason for giving any of them another second in a United shirt, let alone new contracts.

Ferguson's biggest mistake before he retired was not dumping the lot of them.

gypsycatcha,
Somebody has a sense of humor around here at least :wink1:

I've been joining in that Nani chant ever since I first heard it.

I think United might want to consider digging up what's left of the real MJ and putting it on the right wing as decaying remains are less likely to lose the ball doing pointless stepovers and put more than one decent cross in per season :lol

Last edited:
You've seen these...

997998_438415729589553_2091972963_n.jpg

Now time for THESE!

1172289_460598107371315_1017362917_o.jpg

Official Thread here: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133473

I was looking on onesixthbruce's Facebook page and someone made this comment,

"Does the Ryan Giggs figure come with an injunction to prevent anyone talking about his affair with Barbie?"

Genius :lol

Rooney comes with interchangable gashed head with less hair I hope.

Personally though I would feel weird buying something like this.

Current players I just don't see as legends anymore. For example I could buy a Jordan figure because that was a guy I truly admired as a sportsman growing up but currently I don't really admire any players anymore (even from the gunners). They are all money hungry, glory seeking showboaters that I would loath to spend my hard earned money on.

Just imagine if you had bought an RVP figure before he went to United!!! :acme:explode:

Last edited:

Current players I just don't see as legends anymore. For example I could buy a Jordan figure because that was a guy I truly admired as a sportsman growing up but currently I don't really admire any players anymore (even from the gunners). They are all money hungry, glory seeking showboaters that I would loath to spend my hard earned money on.

Just imagine if you had bought an RVP figure before he went to United!!! :acme:explode:

Yeah I wouldn't want any current players. I love Messi but still wouldn't want it though. Saying that I can see these being a hit

Change of subject but this has been big new in France. Olympique Marseille director's son shot dead

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23981618

Yeah, the image of the modern footballer has deteriorated in the 21st century, even Giggs who was previously thought to be one of the better examples in the English game turned out to be a complete ********* off the field.

The makers of his figure probably breathed a sigh of relief when Rooney didn't depart for Chelsea as it wouldn't have been good for sales.

Back