Enterbay Anfernee Penny Hardaway

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Penny was a big deal in the mid-to-late 90's. Yeah, there are better choices, but it isn't like they are doing something completely obscure and stupid.

Will get this as well.
Why? Because it's Penny :)
Was a big fan of Shaq & Penny back in the days (who wasn't).
Hope Enterbay will eventually do a Shaq figure as well.

Still like the Foamposites :)

Oh, and the All Star Jerseys for both Penny & Pippen are limited: you get a trading card when you buy the Jordan All Star, which you can exchange for an All Star jersey for Pippen and/or Penny once their figure has been released. Kinda cool, reminds me of the redemption rookie cards you had....

I have Kobe, MJ, and LBJ. Only other figures I'd be interested in are Magic, Bird, Kareem.

I'd be tempted to buy any player from the Dream Team minus the rookie plus AI, Penny, Shaq, Dr. J, Dominique Wilkins, Kareem, Isaiah Thomas, D. Wade, Duncan and Garnett. I'm sure I missed a few people. There are not too many current players that I would want.

Edit: Vince Carter
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Will get this as well.
Why? Because it's Penny :)
Was a big fan of Shaq & Penny back in the days (who wasn't).
Hope Enterbay will eventually do a Shaq figure as well.

Still like the Foamposites :)

Oh, and the All Star Jerseys for both Penny & Pippen are limited: you get a trading card when you buy the Jordan All Star, which you can exchange for an All Star jersey for Pippen and/or Penny once their figure has been released. Kinda cool, reminds me of the redemption rookie cards you had....

Thanks for the info. Any pictures of Pippen floating around?

I'd be tempted to buy any player from the Dream Team minus the rookie plus AI, Penny, Shaq, Dr. J, Dominique Wilkins, Kareem, Isaiah Thomas, D. Wade, Duncan and Garnett. I'm sure I missed a few people. There are not too many current players that I would want.

Edit: Vince Carter
Ha what, no love for Christian Laettner? :rotfl

Last edited:
I don't believe an Enterbay Penny is a weird choice. Penny was pretty much a big deal in that era. And prior to the injuries that would sideline him much of his career, many assumed he would succeed Jordan given that Penny was a good all around player. Heck , Penny was basically the Kobe of that era especially when paired with Shaq. Next to Jordan , Penny also has some of the most recognizable sneaker catalogue of the Nike line, so enterbay picking Penny is hardly surprising let alone weird. To be honest I'm surprised it took this long.
He was very popular for a handful of years, but never lived up to the hype and expectations. There were lots of "the next Jordan" types over the years as I recall, including guys like Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady. That's why it's kind of weird. If this were released in 1996 or something, then it would make sense, but in hindsight it's a strange choice. I just checked, and Penny was in 4 all-star games. Stockton was in 10. Malone was in 14!

He was very popular for a handful of years, but never lived up to the hype and expectations. There were lots of "the next Jordan" types over the years as I recall, including guys like Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady. That's why it's kind of weird. If this were released in 1996 or something, then it would make sense, but in hindsight it's a strange choice. I just checked, and Penny was in 4 all-star games. Stockton was in 10. Malone was in 14!

True, while Penny never quite lived up to the hype and expectations with constant knee issues and all. In his prime however he was a very big deal, but I digress. To be fair some of Enterbays NBA selections seem to be unorthodox though, we did get Allen Iverson after all. Even with the more recent or current players some of the choices have been questionable to some. Some players have already peaked and their hype has long since fizzled out. Enterbay could have its sights set on a particular era, particularly the post Jordan's 1st retirement comeback era in which case Penny's inclusion makes far better sense.

Last edited:
To those of you questioning the picks, keep in mind, it's very likely that the player wants to participate in the licensing as well. Guys like Stockton or Malone or whoever else may have been approached, may either not be interested, or wanted absurd amounts of money.

It's not like Enterbay can do whoever they want, the player has to want to do it too.

To those of you questioning the picks, keep in mind, it's very likely that the player wants to participate in the licensing as well. Guys like Stockton or Malone or whoever else may have been approached, may either not be interested, or wanted absurd amounts of money.

It's not like Enterbay can do whoever they want, the player has to want to do it too.

:exactly:

Retired NBA players aren't known for turning down endorsements ...especially for things like this where they don't have to do anything and don't actually have to even participate.

Karl Malone (as the example you use), would definitely be up for it.
The only one I can think of that always seems to be missing from video games and other merchandising lines is Charles Barkley.

The only one I can think of that always seems to be missing from video games and other merchandising lines is Charles Barkley.

Sir Charles.:yess: When I do start picking up this line that would be a good one. Is Enterbay making Yao Ming?

If Li'l Penny doesn't come packaged in maybe somebody will make one a custom. I'm guess these don't come with Nike shoes. Seems like it would be a licensing issue.

I think the Dream Team approach would be a really cool way to continue the line. It is basically the whos-who of '80's and '90's NBA stars. Do one at a time with their team uniform and Dream Team uniform and spread it out for a while. As for Laettner, just do his Duke uniform as that is what he is known for anyways. And do him last.

I don't think they can produce college figures with the likeness of an actual player. So no Laettner.. Ever lol

Retired NBA players aren't known for turning down endorsements ...especially for things like this where they don't have to do anything and don't actually have to even participate.

Yeah, Malone is primarily selling used cars nowadays, so I would be surprised if: A) he didn't go for it on principle; and B) if he was trying to charge an arm and a leg for something like this. We have seen loads of former NBA players lending their licenses to McFarlane-type figures for years. But it's possible that Penny would still want far less than some other guys who genuinely belong in, say top 10 or 20 (or even 50) all-time player lists.

They should go to Shaq, Pippen, Magic and Lard Bird instead obsecure choice like this. Penny was great player but he is not iconic

I assume Bill is around 40 and a fan of 90's basketball and sneakers :)
Iverson, Jordan, Pippen, Penny, all make sense.
Grant Hill would fit, as would Shaq, Payton...

Stockton and Malone, not as flashy :)

I assume Bill is around 40 and a fan of 90's basketball and sneakers :)
Iverson, Jordan, Pippen, Penny, all make sense.
Grant Hill would fit, as would Shaq, Payton...

Stockton and Malone, not as flashy :)

That is my assumption as well, given the fact that most of those players wore some of the
Most notable sneakers throughout the 90s as many sneakerheads will attest to.

Back