Enterbay HD: 1/4 scale Rambo III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't mind the joints and have no issues with the figure itself. I do not, however, like feeling I'm being ripped off.

Holding off on ordering.
Like any company, they will charge what people will pay.

But...Rambo. ;)

I love Rocky, but in that case I just couldn't stand knees joints and not being able to cover any joint of the body.
Rocky > Rambo :mad:

Nope. Cost-profit wise, they obviously have a higher margin on this one, plain and simple.

Also, Bill bragged about packaging and shipping savings... and all of the savings were for him, not us.

T-800 was $399 shipped from EB. This should be less than that, period.

They are a company so if you thought any price savings would result in a reduced price to the consumer, you were deluding yourself. Companies are always looking at ways to reduce their costs and increase revenue. If there was a choice between keeping fancier packaging and increasing the cost of the product to the consumers or cutting back on the packaging and keeping their previously established pricing in line, I know which way I would lean.

HT C. Reeve Superman, HT Godfather. I said I didn't have figures with the joints "exposed"

Ah, my bad. :slap

I don't mind exposed joints on 1/6, but 1/4 scale is supposed to be a whole new level of realism from my understanding of Enterbays' claims. I guess not.

They are a company so if you thought any price savings would result in a reduced price to the consumer, you were deluding yourself. Companies are always looking at ways to reduce their costs and increase revenue. If there was a choice between keeping fancier packaging and increasing the cost of the product to the consumers or cutting back on the packaging and keeping their previously established pricing in line, I know which way I would lean.

Why would fancier packaging increase the price? T-800 had custom packaging, a heavier box, and was the same price shipped. That's the point.

And it's cool to cut costs as a company. I know that. I was a Production/Product Manager for over 10 years and now I'm Director of Product Development for my employer. I know how this stuff works. We try and cut costs all the time. What you don't, do, however, is brag about that cost savings to your customer without passing some of it along to them. Otherwise, it's a big, big no-no. Bill is a ____ businessman, plain and simple.

In theory Rambo should cost a lot less... The leather clothing on the T-800 warranted the higher price. I guess $400. is going to be Enterbays' standard price for 1/4 figures.

In theory Rambo should cost a lot less... The leather clothing on the T-800 warranted the higher price. I guess $400. is going to be Enterbays' standard price for 1/4 figures.

Yep. People are just trying to making justifications.

Bill is lucky that he's in the Collectibles business, because his core consumers (collectors) are notorious for making excuses or justifications in costs of acquiring the items they want. Hardly any other consumers are as forgiving on the financial side. He's ripping people off on the cost of this figure. You either don't see that, or you don't really care. Probably the latter, on which to each their own. But I'm not cool with that.

They probably did, the accessories are more intricate overall than T-800, plus the torso and arms received a detailed paint job that the T-800 didn't and you have a torso that can only be used for this figure. Rambo costs same as T-800 just about and has more work put into the figure itself.

I wouldn't say that. The T-800 had metal weapons too, even the shotgun ejected the shells out like the real thing. And wasn't his endo-arm metal aswell? Plus the Terminators entire outfit was real leather. Im still buying it, I just dont see where we saved on shipping.:dunno

Yeah, I think that is safe to assume. Hopefully HT doesn't try to charge much more than that.

:rotfl

HT 1/4 will be just as much, and you WON'T have free shipping.

This is a $250 to $350 figure, folks, depending on where you live. Like I said, It costs $100-$150 to ship it here.
People are paying $250 on a HT/EB 1/6 figure. This is a 1/4 scale piece with FREE WW shipping. With VERY detailed accessories, made out of the finest materials out there. Bigger in size, bigger box size and so on. How much you want to pay for that?? $250?? Sure we all would like to pay less, but that's not the reality.

With SS standard price for a 1/4 scale "Premium Format" now around $350 with approximately $25 for shipping within the US, this still seems like a good deal to me. Multiple real metal and wood weapons (and a working bow!), better and more realistic paint apps and more display options with included international shipping (which isn't exactly cheap for items this size) for $400, I guess I don't see a whole lot of reasons to complain much about the price.

I wouldn't say that. The T-800 had metal weapons too, even the shotgun ejected the shells out like the real thing. And wasn't his endo-arm metal aswell? Plus the Terminators entire outfit was real leather. Im still buying it, I just dont see where we saved on shipping.:dunno

Now that's a valid argument, but then again, how much more you would think you could "save" on shipping? Isn't it shipped by dimensional size instead of weight?
Like I said, their shipping is a Global compromise. There will be places EB will make more $$$(lower shipping for them), and will have places where they will spend WAY more to ship( my case)

With SS standard price for a 1/4 scale "Premium Format" now around $350 with approximately $25 for shipping within the US, this still seems like a good deal to me. Multiple real metal and wood weapons (and a working bow!), better and more realistic paint apps and more display options with included international shipping (which isn't exactly cheap for items this size) for $400, I guess I don't see a whole lot of reasons to complain much about the price.

Exactly, bro. People love to complain but forget to look at the big picture.

Now that's a valid argument, but then again, how much more you would think you could "save" on shipping? Isn't it shipped by dimensional size instead of weight?

Yeah I agree it probably wouldn't be much. But It just seems silly that Enterbay would advertise this "new" box that would cut some of the shipping cost, and then when it comes time to order, its still roughy the same cost as the t-800.:lol

The complaints are completely valid in this case. Whether you choose to ignore them is up to you.

And shipping costs are calculated by what's called Dimensional Weight, which uses the size AND the weight to determine cost. The Rambo box will certainly be no bigger than T-800, and Enterbay already bragged about them being lighter. So the shipping costs will be less... but only for them. Yippie!! They also saved at least $10-$15 per figure by doing away with custom packaging.

This should probably be $350-$375 shipped.

Yeah I agree it probably wouldn't be much. But It just seems silly that Enterbay would advertise this "new" box that would cut some of the shipping cost, and then when it comes time to order, its still roughy the same cost as the t-800.:lol

:lecture That's my point. Very poor form and bad business move.

That's another story, I didn't even know they said that. All I know is they spend a lot shipping things to here and to other places.

Back