Everything iPhone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol Either there is something seriously wrong with yours or you do not know the pains of Droid. My 4S made it through the weekend on a single charge. Typically, my Droid lasts 6 hours. 8 if I turn off wifi. I could *maybe* stretch it to 10 if a dimmed the screen, turned off GPS and fiddled with all sorts of other nonsense and not used it for much.

This almost sounds right.... I started my day with the phone charged 100%. I did errands today and came home around 5pm, with 50% battery left. And I didn't even really use it too much, except for some text messaging, emails and barely any internet usage.
I think you two need to compare settings, background tasks, and other installed apps to understand this difference. I've been reading similar accounts all over the net. Most people seem to be having very good battery life, but quite a few are seeing unusually fast drain. There has to be a reason for it.

What I was told few months ago was that as long as acct is in good standing the primary line is available for upgrade after 12 months.

Exactly. Now comes the really tough choice for me. I am eligible for an upgrade in December, since I am the primary line on my account. Do I go for a 4S at that time, or suffer with my old (non-iPhone) phone for another six months and wait for the 5? I can't decide!

I found the battery to drain quickly over the weekend, most likely due to me using the phone constantly. Now, after a few normal workdays, the battery seems to be right in line with what I expected.

I think you two need to compare settings, background tasks, and other installed apps to understand this difference. I've been reading similar accounts all over the net. Most people seem to be having very good battery life, but quite a few are seeing unusually fast drain. There has to be a reason for it.

I'll see if I can figure out a way to dump out a report of apps and settings. I didn't tinker too much, and I'm mostly using out of the box settings as I didn't restore from my previous iPhone.

Put it this way. I drained it last night. Made two phone calls today and listened to Howard on wifi for about 2 hours. When I got home I was down to 23%. Charged it to 100% and it was done by 8pm. Checked the phone at 10:30 and it lost 11% of the charge. Something isn't right. :dunno

It does work. Who said otherwise? :dunno

ok......:clap

Man, some of the stuff Siri does is straight out of Science Fiction... and it will only get better. I love this thing.

I'm very familiar with closing out apps under multitasking, and do it religiously....

I have been browsing the web and FB app for about an hour this morning (on wifi) and I went from 100% down to 71% :dunno

For those experiencing big battery drains on the 4S, go to the Settings for Siri and turn off "Raise to Speak". Apparently, if that is set to "On" the feature is always running in the background using the motion sensor.

I'm very familiar with closing out apps under multitasking, and do it religiously....

I have been browsing the web and FB app for about an hour this morning (on wifi) and I went from 100% down to 71% :dunno

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that it was anything you were doing wrong. It's just that there must be some difference in the way your phones are configured, or else Apple had a bad run of batteries from one or more manufacturing facility.

Two people with the same phone, with similar usage patterns, should see similar battery drain, but from what I've read that doesn't appear to be the case.

For those experiencing big battery drains on the 4S, go to the Settings for Siri and turn off "Raise to Speak". Apparently, if that is set to "On" the feature is always running in the background using the motion sensor.
That's an interesting suggestion, but on the other hand, if there are people with this setting enabled who don't experience the poor battery life, then it probably is the reason for the problem, just a band-aid to try to work around it.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that it was anything you were doing wrong. It's just that there must be some difference in the way your phones are configured, or else Apple had a bad run of batteries from one or more manufacturing facility.

Two people with the same phone, with similar usage patterns, should see similar battery drain, but from what I've read that doesn't appear to be the case.

Oh I know :) yeah, it's just the nature of electronics. One device may work perfectly fine under the same conditions while another won't. I've gotten used to that by now :)

That's an interesting suggestion, but on the other hand, if there are people with this setting enabled who don't experience the poor battery life, then it probably is the reason for the problem, just a band-aid to try to work around it.

I turned a bunch of stuff off late last night and the battery seems to be doing a lot better. I will check out the siri thing that Irish suggested as well.

Anything running in the background will kill battery whether it's the apps or Siri, some have reported when they are doing a lot of phototaking with photostream it drains. One good thing about the iPhone 5 (It will be called the 5 no problem, first they went 3G to 3GS then 4, this is 4S, it's logical and the iPhone 5 name has a ton of free hype and publicity around it already they'll cash in on that) is that it'll have a battery life that will take how much power things like Siri will take out and adjust.

Back