EXO-6 Star Trek “The Motion Picture (TMP)” Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh you are correct TMP S and K were not preordered but immediate purchase and they did sell out. But he somehow found some mysterious stock available after the initial sale
I don’t think that new stock was a second batch though. To quick of a turnaround. Or maybe he did have a second batch cause it took the retailers like Sideshow forever to get their allotment. So took the retailer allotments to quick sell and got the retailers their batch later.

Or maybe he just ordered a bunch extra.

I don’t think that new stock was a second batch though. To quick of a turnaround. Or maybe he did have a second batch cause it took the retailers like Sideshow forever to get their allotment. So took the retailer allotments to quick sell and got the retailers their batch later.

Or maybe he just ordered a bunch extra.
Bones is going to be needed if you have the other two. I think Bones will sell out as there has been a lot of TOS fans waiting in the wings for a long time.

To be fair, Nanjin’s original vision for these TMP releases was to commemorate that one moment in time when the Big Three finally came back together. That’s good enough for me. I remember that moment sitting in the theater at Mann’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood watching them come together at last. It’s worth commemorating.

IMG_9623.jpeg

Sadly with figures that have alot of accessories averaging close to 300, I think 200 is the new norm for bare bones figures. Unless it’s a 3rd party or Threezero.
Yeah, that's for sure. I suppose all of the cost was eaten up in the jumpsuit tailoring and the sculpted chest hair. LOL! That disco medallion he's earring better be real gold. To be fair, it's still under $200 (by a mere $5) and Nanjin did warn that the prices were going up. I just got used to EXO-6 being very reasonably priced in the licensed high-end figure market, around $175 or so, for the past couple of years. The rare $200+ figure was offset by the many $180-190+ priced ones that they normally charged.

Some accessories aren't very expensive (see most military figures with guns and other parts that can be swapped into various types of figures), unless they're custom made original pieces requiring new moulds. You'll see a lot of third party figures can make original accessories without a noticeable price markup. Outfits can incur quite a lot of cost and I think this one did as Nanjin had to scrap one iteration of the jumpsuit when they found it was discolouring. Back to the drawing board to new fabrics that can achieve the same tailoring.

I do wish this was an immediate purchase, or at least a tighter turnaround from today. A couple of weeks or a month would have been better than another yearly-quarter. I just wanted the TMP line assembled for duty.

Bones is going to be needed if you have the other two. I think Bones will sell out as there has been a lot of TOS fans waiting in the wings for a long time.
Maybe, but I hope that that sculpt will be better than what is now showing on the EXO-6 website! That might discourage many. I mean, for one, whose lips are those?

Last edited:
None of the figures have really been limited and I doubt if they will ever be as he needs to sell X figures to justify production. Even TMP Kirk and Spock were both available at launch . The typical sales pitch that is made on every figure.

I would again buy what you love and not buy every figure that comes out thinking you will miss out at preorder
I haven’t bought them all. Gave up on that a while ago. I realize that none have been limited but he did talk about it at one point with this version of McCoy because he wasn’t sure if people would want it enough to mass produce it.

Last edited:
I remember that moment sitting in the theater at Mann’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood watching them come together at last. It’s worth commemorating.
I vaguely remember my dad taking my mom and I to see this in the theater. I was six years-old and bored out of my mind! Let's just say this film has grown on me. lol

Last edited:
I am so happy to have this on preorder.
Last July, it was posted McCoy was imminent and I was going on a cruise. I made sure I had internet coverage as I didn’t want to miss out. It’s been a long wait for this guy and I am looking forward to one of my favorite characters in the Star Trek universe!

I am so happy to have this on preorder.
Last July, it was posted McCoy was imminent and I was going on a cruise. I made sure I had internet coverage as I didn’t want to miss out. It’s been a long wait for this guy and I am looking forward to one of my favorite characters in the Star Trek universe!
I'm with you. In fact, McCoy is my fave after Kirk. BUT I'm having a hard time with the looks of his mug as I now see it.

I packed away the TMP Kirk and Spock months ago. If only we had Spock and Bones in uniform, maybe a Scotty and Ilia then I would have been all over these. But I have very little interest in Spock wearing that outfit or especially this Bones with a beard and in this outfit. Bones in his grey duty uniform or white medical outfit would have been much more interesting for me.

TMP Bones likeness is not as good as TMP Spock if you ask me. Also does Bones look very tanned? Did Bones just come back from Hawaii 😄

Last edited:
I packed away the TMP Kirk and Spock months ago. If only we had Spock and Bones in uniform, maybe a Scotty and Ilia then I would have been all over these. But I have very little interest in Spock wearing that outfit or especially this Bones with a beard and in this outfit. Bones in his grey duty uniform or white medical outfit would have been much more interesting for me.
See to me at least I like the looks for both Kirk and Spock. Kirk is wearing a uniform whether or not it’s one he wears often, and Spock is wearing Vulcan attire and we saw him wear it or similar on multiple occasions.

TMP Bones likeness is not as good as TMP Spock if you ask me. Also does Bones look very tanned? Did Bones just come back from Hawaii 😄
Yeah, the shape and proportions of the head and of a lot of the features are just too far off. Not to mention the physique of course. I hate to be negative but I was so hoping this would be a hit rather than a miss. Disappointing.

Attachments

• DISCO-BONES_Comparison1.jpg
    DISCO-BONES_Comparison1.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 0
I know that Nanjin is very interested in exploring unusual [fancy] attire for his figs, and I think that's probably largely his motivation here, but I agree with you, the attached uniforms for Spock and McCoy would have been more to my liking, particularly for the latter.

Attachments

• knb0vcw65e7c1.jpeg
    knb0vcw65e7c1.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 0
I know that Nanjin is very interested in exploring unusual [fancy] attire for his figs, and I think that's probably largely his motivation here, but I agree with you, the attached uniforms for Spock and McCoy would have been more to my liking, particularly for the latter.
Nooo. That's Spock's onesie.

We might get the whites with the TWOK version.

Yeah, the shape and proportions of the head and of a lot of the features are just too far off. Not to mention the physique of course. I hate to be negative but I was so hoping this would be a hit rather than a miss. Disappointing.
Like many of the futures, this one will be updated before it ships according to Nanjin on Facebook. I couldn't say if it'll look better for sure of course.

Back