EXO-6 Star Trek “The Motion Picture (TMP)” Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that Nanjin is very interested in exploring unusual [fancy] attire for his figs, and I think that's probably largely his motivation here, but I agree with you, the attached uniforms for Spock and McCoy would have been more to my liking, particularly for the latter.
Yes, I would have been very happy with these.

I know that Nanjin is very interested in exploring unusual [fancy] attire for his figs, and I think that's probably largely his motivation here, but I agree with you, the attached uniforms for Spock and McCoy would have been more to my liking, particularly for the latter.
Those would have looked great. Really wish those are what we would have gotten.

Like many of the futures, this one will be updated before it ships according to Nanjin on Facebook. I couldn't say if it'll look better for sure of course.
Yeah, I wish we could be sure. As it is I won't be PO-ing—it would need considerable "updating."

FWIW, Nanjin mentioned on FB that they had to make new hand molds just for this figure, due to his rings on both hands, whereas most figures they can reuse existing hands and just paint them, and that was the main reason for the cost increase.

The Mccoy doesn't look "right." And, selling my TMP Kirk and Spock (for anyone interested)... Hopefully Wrath of Khan versions will be better-er.

FWIW, Nanjin mentioned on FB that they had to make new hand molds just for this figure, due to his rings on both hands, whereas most figures they can reuse existing hands and just paint them, and that was the main reason for the cost increase.
Interesting, but the price increase is not an issue for me—not a deal breaker. Sculpt accuracy is a different matter.

Interesting, but the price increase is not an issue for me—not a deal breaker. Sculpt accuracy is a different matter.
Same here , I would even pay $300 if the headsculpt was like the new Spock. Hopefully the head will Improve at release.

Kelly has a more oval shape I think and this one is not quite accurate

Same here , I would even pay $300 if the headsculpt was like the new Spock. Hopefully the head will Improve at release.

Kelly has a more oval shape I think and this one is not quite accurate
I have not noticed that much improvement in the releases, so it's hard to imagine that Bones will be salvageable, but we shall see. I will remain cautiously measured if not pessimistic. As Mirror Spock wisely stated, "...I shall consider it."

I have not noticed that much improvement in the releases, so it's hard to imagine that Bones will be salvageable, but we shall see. I will remain cautiously measured if not pessimistic. As Mirror Spock wisely stated, "...I shall consider it."
TBH, for $200, you cannot go wrong for a new figure. I would recommend you get one if you like TOS. He will eventually make the TOS figures but it might be at least 1 -2 years away before you see anything from TOS. Without Bones the MP is not complete which is the other issue

I'm happy with my decision to pre-order this figure. Am I thrilled with the pictured head sculpt? No. Am I hopeful the production one will be better? Yes. Am I wondering if there will be a better third-party head available if it isn't? Definitely. Am I coping hard? You better believe it.

Some of the scripts seem to be a hit or miss. The new Pike and Spock , many from the TNG lines are amazing for a mass production figure but then you see some of the other releases that are just off both paint and likeness. Sadly some of the TOS have been a miss. The new Gorn and Trelene look to be a home run though

Some of the scripts seem to be a hit or miss. The new Pike and Spock , many from the TNG lines are amazing for a mass production figure but then you see some of the other releases that are just off both paint and likeness. Sadly some of the TOS have been a miss. The new Gorn and Trelene look to be a home run though
I'm a big TOS fan, so I really appreciate the TOS figs. "The Squire of Gothos" is not among my faves, even though the Trelane fig does look really good, so will likely skip him. The Gorn on the other hand I much anticipate! BTW, I really hope he makes the new Kirk head bigger!

Happy Star Trek Day! 🖖🏻

Attachments

• IMG_20240907_124048.png
    IMG_20240907_124048.png
    15 MB · Views: 0
Back