EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's Tuesday!
Screenshot_20240924_135447_Chrome.jpg

This has got to be the biggest miss to date. Very frustrating! Not to sound indelicate but you would think Nanjin's team could get this one right, especially around the eyes! Where to begin? The main problem I think are the eyes, which are too small, too far apart and not at all focused correctly (this will be all over the place in the productions). Jawline is too angular, lips are too small and chin is a tad too big. Head is slightly squat. They did get the eyebrows right, although they are exaggerated upward.

Apologies but Enterprise is one of my fave Trek series (contrary to most Trekkies, I think). Luckily, T'Pol is pretty good and Archer is excellent. I will need to pass on this one

Attachments

• Hioshi-comparison1.jpg
    Hioshi-comparison1.jpg
    444.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Hioshi-comparison2.jpg
    Hioshi-comparison2.jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 0
This has got to be the biggest miss to date. Very frustrating! Not to sound indelicate but you would think Nanjin's team could get this one right, especially around the eyes! Where to begin? The main problem I think are the eyes, which are too small, too far apart and not at all focused correctly (this will be all over the place in the productions). Jawline is too angular, lips are too small and chin is a tad too big. Head is slightly squat. They did get the eyebrows right, although they are exaggerated upward.

Apologies but Enterprise is one of my fave Trek series (contrary to most Trekkies, I think). Luckily, T'Pol is pretty good and Archer is excellent. I will need to pass on this one

Exo6 almost always improves head sculpts from proto to release. Don't give up just yet.

Glad I'm not interested in this line. Archer, to me, kinda looks like a changling. I know it's the hairdo, and that Bakula wanted it that was but...... whew. And now this. IMO, the biggest miss of the entire line.

Yeah I'm really curious what reference the sculptor used for this. It does sound like there will be "refinements" though, so I will cross my fingers and hope for the best.

View attachment 727814

I'm hoping for the best since we hadn't really seen any of her before Vegas, and then a few weeks later BAM.
If I recall, T'pol's initial protos were pretty rough too.
I PO'd. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Seems like no one is particularly thrilled with Hoshi. They should’ve held her back and released a figure that has looked ready to go for some time, e.g. PIC Worf. Blaming the photography isn’t the answer, I think it has been showing a more accurate representation lately.

EXO-6 has done a reasonable job these past few releases (TNG and SNW) on the likeness front then they self-sabotage by going backwards. :huh

I’m doubtful the refinements are going to meet most expectations but we’ll see.

Seems like no one is particularly thrilled with Hoshi. They should’ve held her back and released a figure that has looked ready to go for some time, e.g. PIC Worf. Blaming the photography isn’t the answer, I think it has been showing a more accurate representation lately.

EXO-6 has done a reasonable job these past few releases (TNG and SNW) on the likeness front then they self-sabotage by going backwards. :huh

I’m doubtful the refinements are going to meet most expectations but we’ll see.
Yeah, I can't imagine how "refining" the Hoshi that we now see will save it. Seems to me it needs a new sculptor. It also seems to me that EXO-6 is starting to rush some things. Why not take the the time to develop the initial sculpt, on which people will judge their purchase, instead of rushing something out to put in front of the camera and then admitting that is isn't as good as it could be and that it will be "refined" to make it acceptable, so go ahead and pre-order. Seems that this is now becoming more the rule rather than the exception. :unsure:

Back