EXO-6 Star Trek "Strange New Worlds" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking forward to the next SNW pre-order. I hope it's La'an or Chapel. And I hope it's soon!

I miss the days of the 20+ episodes per season as well.
Yeah, that's how you end up with these shows that have been on five years but are on Season 28. And honestly, I forget about show if there's a year or two gap between seasons

Hell I'd be happy just to get the 13 episodes that Discovery started with, and that used to be common with a lot of other streaming series. That felt like more than enough to tell a complete story, whereas 10 episodes always just fly by way too fast.

Hell I'd be happy just to get the 13 episodes that Discovery started with, and that used to be common with a lot of other streaming series. That felt like more than enough to tell a complete story, whereas 10 episodes always just fly by way too fast.

Ironically, 13 was way too many for Discovery . . .
09_-_Bolt.gif

Blame the people who were bitching about how stories "dragged" after 13+ episodes.
If they're going to insist on story arcs, then yeah, 10-13 episodes is plenty. But for a show that's episodic in nature like SNW, 20 eps is I think a good modern-day compromise.

As good as the 20+ episode seasons were for episodic TV, it was realistically too grueling for the people who worked on those shows. Long days. Little sleep especially if you're in every episode.
A good compromise is like 16. Or like, less episodes with Picard and Data or the equivalent to give them a break :p.

10 episodes is too few to get to know the characters. It takes twice as long as it used to, and that means if it takes two-three seasons to get to know your cast well enough to really love them (common length) it noq takes 4+ seasons! You can't wait that long. The show won't survive.
And also it's more common these days that there's more than a year between seasons... Which means 4 seasons might take freaking 6 years...

It's rare I remember all the character names while watching a show these days. There's just not enough episodes. I've enjoyed Star Trek Strange New Worlds enough but honestly, I still don't remember off the top of my head half the new character names (not counting the returning characters).

Una.
Short haired punky girl.
Longer haired security character who had like two episodes.
Alien that died in season one.
Annoying character actor woman. Why the fudge does Star Trek hire CHARACTER actors these days?
You know the type. The actors that act as a weird or eccentric character in exactly the same way in every freaking thing they act in?
Like this dude from Ant-Man:
1729627866380.jpeg

I did worse than I thought on the names...
Also they don't say each others names enough heh...

I think I made a post about this some months back where I did better. Some names have faded.

Back