EXO-6 Star Trek "The Next Generation" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually don’t hate the uniform choice for Wesley. It’s unique to him and kind of looks interesting. Most of the crew will be wearing their standard issue uniform so this makes him stand out.

Wesley isn't super high on my list (and the big dumb grin isn't helping), but the more unique uniform does make me a lot more inclined to get him, than if he was just wearing a standard uniform. .
Same. I don’t have the same drive to pick him up as the main crew. It’ll probably be a wait and see approach on this one.

How about Barclay with alternate head sculpt?

1717782982753.jpeg

:lol

Last edited:
Wesley isn't super high on my list (and the big dumb grin isn't helping), but the more unique uniform does make me a lot more inclined to get him, than if he was just wearing a standard uniform. .

My preference would be the cadet uniform (because who else will be in it?) But this one is a close second.
The last one I'd want is him in the actual uniform. I always thought it was dumb to put him in it.
Hell, I wouldn't even mind having him in one of those ugly sweaters.
wesley-crusher-rainbow.png

I'm so conflicted on Wesley. On one hand he was there at the beginning, was a title credits main character and lasted for 1/2 the show's run, unlike Tasha.

But in my head, when I picture a figure display - it's Ro who I'd rather have at conn next to Data.

At least it's not that rainbow patterned shoulder uniform he was wearing for a while. To me it always looked like something a kid 1/2 his age would be wearing in universe. But that's just me..

At least it's not that rainbow patterned shoulder uniform he was wearing for a while. To me it always looked like something a kid 1/2 his age would be wearing in universe. But that's just me..

I think part of that is because he was initially thought of as younger, like the 10-13 range.

I thought Wheaton was great and very likable in any episode that featured him (even the early ones where he was constantly saving the day), but Wesley did seem far too naive for his age. And it's kinda crazy how much of the series had him simply sitting at the Conn station contributing nothing whatsoever to the story.

You probably like the outfit choice for Neelix, then.

For me, since I won't have multiples of many of these characters, I'd like to have them in their most recognizable uniforms/outfits to capture their most iconic look. So it never bothers me if a crew is all mostly in the same uniform, because it's right there in the name Uni-Form.

Now, it's nice to have some different colors breaking up the monotony, but I will let the aliens, robots, and guest stars bear the weight of that in the collection.

It IS nice to see some uniform variations of the few characters I might consider multiples for, I'll add, ....but that's not Wesley, LOL!

Wondering if NT is going to give us Troi in one of her casual jumpsuits instead of the uniform.

I’m with Jellico on this one.

1717796568606.png

My preference would be the cadet uniform (because who else will be in it?) But this one is a close second.
The last one I'd want is him in the actual uniform. I always thought it was dumb to put him in it.
Hell, I wouldn't even mind having him in one of those ugly sweaters.
View attachment 706803
Actually to me that outfit for Wesley is the one I consider to be ugly. Looks like he’s wearing some weird ugly 80s sweater for a uniform.

I prefer the one Nanjin is showing off. Standard uniform.. meh. We’re going to see a bunch of characters in that same basic outfit.

You probably like the outfit choice for Neelix, then.

For me, since I won't have multiples of many of these characters, I'd like to have them in their most recognizable uniforms/outfits to capture their most iconic look. So it never bothers me if a crew is all mostly in the same uniform, because it's right there in the name Uni-Form.

Now, it's nice to have some different colors breaking up the monotony, but I will let the aliens, robots, and guest stars bear the weight of that in the collection.

It IS nice to see some uniform variations of the few characters I might consider multiples for, I'll add, ....but that's not Wesley, LOL!
I'm not sure I would call anything about Wesley iconic myself. 😁

And it's kinda crazy how much of the series had him simply sitting at the Conn station contributing nothing whatsoever to the story.
I think Wesley is a very tough character to have on that kind of show. He does too much, and he makes the adults look silly or just plain badly written. He does too little and he's no better than a cardboard cutout. That's the problem with having a character that really had no business being in the position he was in. I'm sure all the enlisted personnel loved seeing him walking around the ship in an ensign uniform.

It's not that he doesn't have value, but he'd have been better off treated like a Barclay - recurring character that can be built on but is only brought in when the story needs it. YMMV

Wondering if NT is going to give us Troi in one of her casual jumpsuits instead of the uniform.

I’m with Jellico on this one.

View attachment 706840
Unfortunately the standard duty uniform is probably the one Exo-6 will choose but not because it's better, because it's logistically easier. I would prefer a Troi that stands out and doesn't reference the overly made-up, poofy streaky wig of the later seasons. The casual jumpsuit I think is her classic look and the one I personally prefer but sadly I think they'll take the lazy route and go with the standard uniform.

1717803694928.png
= Better

Didn’t Nanjin already confirm Troi will be in her teal dress? Or was that just strongly hinted at?

Back