EXO-6 Star Trek "TOS" Figures (The Original Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologies if I came off as gruff, didn't mean to.

Just wanted to poting out that the video Skyroes posted does answer many of your questions as well as informing on other stuff. And that Nanjin is determined to make superior figures to the QmX ones.

This is easily the most interesting video (on ANY subject) I have watched in the last month (and there have been a few!) . . .
  1. It shows Nanjin in a different light. Instead of the person whose written word sometimes comes over as harsh, arrogant and provocative, we see someone who is incredibly passionate, organised & thorough . . . and someone who plans VERY carefully.

2. Loved all the extra info about how his factory & production team is structured, how they trial things on less major characters to see what they can/cannot achieve, and the ways they are learning and adapting.

3. The detail on all these recent (and upcoming) figures is phenomenal. So much quality & talent on display. NT & his entire team should be incredibly proud of what they have achieved so far, and it appears things will get even better going forward!

Honestly - SO impressive.

My thanks to @Skyroes for the post, to the SixScaleMafia team for making & uploading the video, and to Nanjin for providing so much information, in an easily understandable/digestible form.

:duff :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap :hi5:

Well said, when a fan is at the helm there’s an immeasurable element of care put forward that simply doesn’t exist with traditional companies.

Here’s another interview (if you can get past the insufferable interruptions by the bystander 3 minutes in).

This is easily the most interesting video (on ANY subject) I have watched in the last month (and there have been a few!) . . .
  1. It shows Nanjin in a different light. Instead of the person whose written word sometimes comes over as harsh, arrogant and provocative, we see someone who is incredibly passionate, organised & thorough . . . and someone who plans VERY carefully.

2. Loved all the extra info about how his factory & production team is structured, how they trial things on less major characters to see what they can/cannot achieve, and the ways they are learning and adapting.

3. The detail on all these recent (and upcoming) figures is phenomenal. So much quality & talent on display. NT & his entire team should be incredibly proud of what they have achieved so far, and it appears things will get even better going forward!

Honestly - SO impressive.

My thanks to @Skyroes for the post, to the SixScaleMafia team for making & uploading the video, and to Nanjin for providing so much information, in an easily understandable/digestible form.

:duff :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap :hi5:

I don’t think even his most harsh critics ever doubted his passion and caring about his team. I was good to see him animated in this light. There has never been any doubt how much Trek fans owe this man because the very existence of high end 1/6 Trek is not something people who just run numbers of would ever undertake. It took his passion for the franchise to make all this happen.

I also think his instinct to embrace his passion against all odds is at the same time amazing to see (who wouldn’t want to embody this trait in life) as it is almost certainly the key to the negative side effects we occasionally run into. Taking his work SO personally and SO passionately is what makes him respond so violently to anything he perceives as opposition to his mission even when this was not the intent of the individuals presenting the “opposition”. Most business runners see customer feedback as a valuable tool to help steer the company in the direction of success, longevity, and profit. Nanjin sees any non-positive comments on his deliverables as attacks on his children! And when you understand it in that light, it all makes sense. Not rationally, but emotionally.

That’s why I’ve given up any public commentary (with the possible exception of this forum) that could be seen in any way as negative or second guessing EXO’s products or decisions. I realized a while back that that approach only results in negativity. I will just be thankful that EXO is and continues to make Trek items I want to by. NT is a force of nature, and his initiative gets us a lot of really awesome stuff. Does us no good to argue with the weather outside, but eventually…a Summer day, a Spring morning, and a beautiful Autumn. 😇

I don’t think even his most harsh critics ever doubted his passion and caring about his team. I was good to see him animated in this light. There has never been any doubt how much Trek fans owe this man because the very existence of high end 1/6 Trek is not something people who just run numbers of would ever undertake. It took his passion for the franchise to make all this happen.

I also think his instinct to embrace his passion against all odds is at the same time amazing to see (who wouldn’t want to embody this trait in life) as it is almost certainly the key to the negative side effects we occasionally run into. Taking his work SO personally and SO passionately is what makes him respond so violently to anything he perceives as opposition to his mission even when this was not the intent of the individuals presenting the “opposition”. Most business runners see customer feedback as a valuable tool to help steer the company in the direction of success, longevity, and profit. Nanjin sees any non-positive comments on his deliverables as attacks on his children! And when you understand it in that light, it all makes sense. Not rationally, but emotionally.

That’s why I’ve given up any public commentary (with the possible exception of this forum) that could be seen in any way as negative or second guessing EXO’s products or decisions. I realized a while back that that approach only results in negativity. I will just be thankful that EXO is and continues to make Trek items I want to by. NT is a force of nature, and his initiative gets us a lot of really awesome stuff. Does us no good to argue with the weather outside, but eventually…a Summer day, a Spring morning, and a beautiful Autumn. 😇

Beautifully put - from one of the TALENTED stars of this forum :hi5:

I can only hope the new neck less Kirk head paint will match the neck. In his preview , here is how he looks so far. What do you guys think? Also does the green wrap seemed a bit bulky and not as skin tapered ? The shoulder area looks to be very bulky especially when he is sitting down

IMG_8482.png

I can only hope the new neck less Kirk head paint will match the neck. In his preview , here is how he looks so far. What do you guys think? Also does the green wrap seemed a bit bulky and not as skin tapered ? The shoulder area looks to be very bulky especially when he is sitting down

View attachment 723269

This Kirk looks awesome! A lot different than QMX issued.
I hope I don't have to start all over again 😕
The 5 figures I have currently hoping they blend in with Chekov and Uhura.

View attachment 723269
Valid points, though I would fully expect EXO to make these refinements and others. It’s still early days on TOS. Looking forward to seeing his reveal on preorder.

Last edited:
Back