Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard of gamers talking about FFVII for over 25 years now.
But after playing it for the first time, I think what surprised me the most so far is how the personalities between Tifa and Aerith seem completely switched.
Aerith's sarcastic/snarky dialog and how shes always throwing subtle jabs at Cloud and his reactions to them are hilarious. 😂
I always pictured her to be this sweet, innocent flower girl, which she sort of still is. But dang, shes really keeping poor Cloud on his feet. I definitely feel his frustration. Lol
As for Tifa, well, shes my wife now so everyone back off! 😍

This is very much intentional even in the original game and one of the original things that endeared me to the franchise.

Tifa and Aerith are purposefully given personalities that better suit the other's character design tropes. Subverting expectations before it was cool lol. Tifa has this skimpy, confident outfit and a strong, brash fighting style, but she's very shy, meek, fairly introverted and struggles with self-confidence issues. Aerith wears a girly pink dress and ribbons and is the cliche healing magic white mage girl, but she's a total tomboy, a huge extrovert, and a street smart city girl who swears under her breath.

But one of the frustrating thing about their visual identities is how much that has affected their portrayals in years of expanded universe material (and fan material, too). They are very often portrayed as much closer to what you'd expect from their designs, even in other canon material. Aerith is frequently boiled down to just the sweet, innocent flower girl, and the hundreds of "Tifa in a sexy pose" statues show how little most people seem to care about how wildly out-of-character posing like that is for her.

This is very much intentional even in the original game and one of the original things that endeared me to the franchise.

Tifa and Aerith are purposefully given personalities that better suit the other's character design tropes. Subverting expectations before it was cool lol. Tifa has this skimpy, confident outfit and a strong, brash fighting style, but she's very shy, meek, fairly introverted and struggles with self-confidence issues. Aerith wears a girly pink dress and ribbons and is the cliche healing magic white mage girl, but she's a total tomboy, a huge extrovert, and a street smart city girl who swears under her breath.

But one of the frustrating thing about their visual identities is how much that has affected their portrayals in years of expanded universe material (and fan material, too). They are very often portrayed as much closer to what you'd expect from their designs, even in other canon material. Aerith is frequently boiled down to just the sweet, innocent flower girl, and the hundreds of "Tifa in a sexy pose" statues show how little most people seem to care about how wildly out-of-character posing like that is for her.

Man, now that you've explained it, all the bootleg shops are going to sexualize my precious flower girl.

Man, now that you've explained it, all the bootleg shops are going to sexualize my precious flower girl.

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

If any of you still need an ACG Tifa source, go check Giant Toy. They put up what seems like a members-only secret pre-order link that you'll find in your email if you have an account there. Giant Toy is one of my favorite 1/6 scale shops so they're safe.

The title of the listings are Pre-order 1/6 ACG Art ACG001 Dreamy Girl Standard Version and Pre-order 1/6 ACG Art ACG002 Dreamy Girl Deluxe Version but they won't show up even if you search for them on the site.

Anyway, I'm already happy with my SGD Tifa.

If any of you still need an ACG Tifa source, go check Giant Toy. They put up what seems like a members-only secret pre-order link that you'll find in your email if you have an account there. Giant Toy is one of my favorite 1/6 scale shops so they're safe.

The title of the listings are Pre-order 1/6 ACG Art ACG001 Dreamy Girl Standard Version and Pre-order 1/6 ACG Art ACG002 Dreamy Girl Deluxe Version but they won't show up even if you search for them on the site.

Anyway, I'm already happy with my SGD Tifa.
You just need an account to see the listings. They limit some of the potential copywritten items to account holder's eyes only to avoid copyright issues.

That being said though, Giantoy is my favorite retailer above all else! 🔥

Interesting. If you guys have seen the new Kenshin figure it's completely seamless including the wrists and head with silicone. Someone in the comments on Kit's page said a few of the Clouds have torn now so it's not a good idea. I've only seen the one case here so far? I really wish they used medical grade silicone from smooth-on for cloud instead of the silica which makes all the difference in the world

Attachments

• markup_1000074508.png
    markup_1000074508.png
    246.5 KB · Views: 0
Interesting. If you guys have seen the new Kenshin figure it's completely seamless including the wrists and head with silicone. Someone in the comments on Kit's page said a few of the Clouds have torn now so it's not a good idea. I've only seen the one case here so far? I really wish they used medical grade silicone from smooth-on for cloud instead of the silica which makes all the difference in the world
“I already hear some people experience…”

Ok he should show evidence then, and tell us what they were trying to do with the figure.

My SGD Tifa's white top and bra suffered from "oil" stains (yellowish dirty color) just like how my little TBLeague dolls also "leak" a tiny bit of oil which stains white clothes mostly. The affected area was the back part of the top mostly while the front was clean and white. I inspected her bra and discovered it also had "oil" stains. Anyway, I did a bit of research and I discovered that it can be removed by using Dawn dishwashing soap on it. Thankfully, that worked so I'm just letting her top and bra dry right now. If you own an SGD Tifa, you might want to occasionally check her clothes for oil stains. I do live in a hot area, usually it can be 80 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit so maybe that has an effect on the TBLeague and SGD Tifa's bodies.

Anyway, I do like Tifa's all black look right now. Imagine waking up and you see Tifa holding a little screwdriver menacingly.

UKNNoia.jpeg

My SGD Tifa's white top and bra suffered from "oil" stains (yellowish dirty color) just like how my little TBLeague dolls also "leak" a tiny bit of oil which stains white clothes mostly. The affected area was the back part of the top mostly while the front was clean and white. I inspected her bra and discovered it also had "oil" stains. Anyway, I did a bit of research and I discovered that it can be removed by using Dawn dishwashing soap on it. Thankfully, that worked so I'm just letting her top and bra dry right now. If you own an SGD Tifa, you might want to occasionally check her clothes for oil stains. I do live in a hot area, usually it can be 80 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit so maybe that has an effect on the TBLeague and SGD Tifa's bodies.

Anyway, I do like Tifa's all black look right now. Imagine waking up and you see Tifa holding a little screwdriver menacingly.

UKNNoia.jpeg
Have you ever tried dressing her in purple dress? I saw someone sharing these photos, and I think it has more likeness than the battle outfit.

Attachments

• Image_1722479627672.jpg
    Image_1722479627672.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Image_1722479620352.jpg
    Image_1722479620352.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Image_1722479631596.jpg
    Image_1722479631596.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Image_1722479618077.jpg
    Image_1722479618077.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Image_1722479616388.jpg
    Image_1722479616388.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Image_1722479614137.jpg
    Image_1722479614137.jpg
    566.2 KB · Views: 0
I tried to make her wear the purple dress but I was having a hard time because it was so tight, then my lower back hurt so I gave up. She looks very beautiful in that dress! Her hair gets quite tangled so that's my little problem right now. I used shampoo on her hair before, but next time, I'll use conditioner, maybe it'll make it easier to comb her hair. Right now I just use my hand to fix her hair because using a comb makes her shed hair for some reason.

Guys, do any of you have Sephiroth Bring Arts?
Looking at my photos, I think mine has a problem.

The belt is not straight, but cornered.
I can't put it on straight, I don't even know if I can because it's under the clothes, and maybe even stuck to the bodysuit because it doesn't move at all...

In short, I'd like to hear from people who have Sephiroth, to see if it's the same for them, and if so, have you managed to put the belt back on properly?
I've looked at a few reviews on YT and each time the belt is straight when unpacked, which is why I think mine has a problem 🫤
View attachment 715783

Can you pull him apart from the torso joint?

As tempting as the Bring Arts stuff is, best to wait on a sale. They've got Zack coming and I am forcing myself to wait/never get it.

Re: ACG Tifa - that's a nice Tifa, for sure. The foot fetish stuff is not my kind of thing, but that aside it's easily better looking than GT's.

SGD Tifa takes a modeling gig to save up money to pay for a fellow Square Enix friend's future boat trip from China to the US.

Guys, do any of you have Sephiroth Bring Arts?
Looking at my photos, I think mine has a problem.

The belt is not straight, but cornered.
I can't put it on straight, I don't even know if I can because it's under the clothes, and maybe even stuck to the bodysuit because it doesn't move at all...

In short, I'd like to hear from people who have Sephiroth, to see if it's the same for them, and if so, have you managed to put the belt back on properly?
I've looked at a few reviews on YT and each time the belt is straight when unpacked, which is why I think mine has a problem 🫤
View attachment 715783

I got mine just a few days ago, it doesn't appear to have a belt that is as crooked as it appears to be on your figure. I got two, but I'm only unboxing one, but I am guessing is just average Square Enix quality control issues. I don't know if the belt can be moved/removed or fixed in anyway. I'm sorry to be of no further help.

I got mine just a few days ago, it doesn't appear to have a belt that is as crooked as it appears to be on your figure. I got two, but I'm only unboxing one, but I am guessing is just average Square Enix quality control issues. I don't know if the belt can be moved/removed or fixed in anyway. I'm sorry to be of no further help.

Thank you for your feedback!
Yours seems perfect (y)

I contacted Nin Nin Game, they will contact the manufacturer...
I really hope my Sephiroth doesn't stay like this, it's super ugly and all I can see is this flaw 😫

Back