FRANKENSTEIN KARLOFF DST Quarter scale figure:product info from TF 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think i'm gonna get him. Display him with the NECA & McFarlane 18"s.

yhst-51568362379717_2155_523309858.jpg

i think i'm gonna get him. Display him with the NECA & McFarlane 18"s.

yhst-51568362379717_2155_523309858.jpg

Not unless you track down the prototype. Its been cancelled according to one specialty dealer. Here's the email alert thats going around to shop owners who ordered them.

"I ordered a couple of cases of these for my store a few months ago and got this email today.

Thank you for order. Unfortunately, Universal
Monsters Frankenstein 1:4 Scale Figure (Item DC81062), which you ordered,
has been cancelled by the manufacturer. From time to time manufacturers
cancel items for a variety of reasons. No additional information was
given as to why this item was cancelled, however."

Diamond is the producer as well as the distributer. They know why they decided to cancel it. They pick items up, cnacel them, and then pick them back up again all the time. Maybe they'll pick this back up later on. But for now--its scrapped.

Not unless you track down the prototype. Its been cancelled according to one specialty dealer. Here's the email alert thats going around to shop owners who ordered them.

"I ordered a couple of cases of these for my store a few months ago and got this email today.

Thank you for order. Unfortunately, Universal
Monsters Frankenstein 1:4 Scale Figure (Item DC81062), which you ordered,
has been cancelled by the manufacturer. From time to time manufacturers
cancel items for a variety of reasons. No additional information was
given as to why this item was cancelled, however."

Well This just sucks!:(:monkey2 Why would DST cancel it?:gah:

Nick

Asking why DST cancels something is like asking why the wind blows.

I followed their Star Trek line for quite a while. It was better before DST bought out Art Asylum, but it was decent. After a while though, it became head swap after repaint after "battle damage" and I stopped caring. They announced a bunch of interesting new figures, even got to the sculpting stage, like with this guy, but every time they canceled them, stating "lack of retailer interest." I think DST has a certain profit margin they *HAVE* to have on each product or it doesn't get made, even though they piss off their fan base and screw future profits in the process.

But I digress.

I think you guys honestly dodged a bullet. I dunno if any of you have one of these quarter scale figures, but they're just awful. Articulation fit for something from the mid-90's, and the body is just...odd. It's a sculpt that was made for a Bruce Lee figure a long time ago, so it's proportioned like Bruce Lee - long neck, not nearly wide enough shoulders, massive pecs. It looks like garbage on the shelf no matter what you do.

Not enough orders to constitute the production. They are using the same strategy as Amok time when it comes to expensive items. If there arent enough pre-orders (definite sales) ~~then the item(s) get scrapped. Its no longer an impulse buy world because of high prices and an anemic economy.

Not enough orders to constitute the production. They are using the same strategy as Amok time when it comes to expensive items. If there arent enough pre-orders (definite sales) ~~then the item(s) get scrapped. Its no longer an impulse buy world because of high prices and an anemic economy.

Which will in turn bite them in the ass. People want to see a finished product before dropping cash for it. Especially, as was the case with Amok, when you have QC nightmares like Barbara.

Which will in turn bite them in the ass. People want to see a finished product before dropping cash for it. Especially, as was the case with Amok, when you have QC nightmares like Barbara.

I agree with you 100%. I am noticing this trend a lot in brick and mortar stores too....they simply dont stock a product on the shelves these days and then say"we can special order it for you." I dont wanna special order it to a brick and mortar store and then go pick it up. If I wanted that, I would just order it myself from ebay or a toy dealer. Impulse buys are becoming a thing of the past.:peace

I agree with you 100%. I am noticing this trend a lot in brick and mortar stores too....they simply dont stock a product on the shelves these days and then say"we can special order it for you." I dont wanna special order it to a brick and mortar store and then go pick it up. If I wanted that, I would just order it myself from ebay or a toy dealer. Impulse buys are becoming a thing of the past.:peace

And yet, in their ignorance, they _____ about loss of revenue, etc., but they don't have any product in the stores to sell. I've always hated the concept of middlemen and will get it straight from whoever manufactures it if possible. That said, I drop mad cash on impulse buys all the time while strolling through shops. And I know I can't be the only one. I just don't get this chincing out to save a buck or two mentality.

Back